Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Boidster

Boidster

16 hours ago, Ralathar44 said:

The primitive bow is actually pretty powerful for a T1 when used properly.

I'm playing a jack-of-all-trades build in my first A19 world - just 1 point into all of the freebies. I'm amazed at how effective the T1 bow is with just one point in Hidden Strike. One-shot entire POIs with no fuss. I expect the damage multiplier to be somewhat nerfed in a patch. I would think I'd need 2 or 3 shots with a T1 and stone arrows to take down a Hawaiian shirt even with an initial sneak headshot.

3 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I just learned there are "spitting vultures"??!! I'm told these are the radioactive ones who spit. Of all the complaining about the vultures I don't recall this being brought up?! I agree, vultures are a pain, however I can only imagine these fu*kers.......

These have been in the game for a while, but in A19 they seem to spawn in pretty aggressively if you're on a vehicle during horde night. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't see them until you get to a higher GS. If I read the XML correctly, they first show up in blood moon hordes at GS 74. As mentioned above they can also spawn in the wasteland and, bizarrely, at GS 5,778 (not a typo) in screamer hordes.

Boidster

Boidster

16 hours ago, Ralathar44 said:

The primitive bow is actually pretty powerful for a T1 when used properly.

I'm playing a jack-of-all-trades build in my first A19 world - just 1 point into all of the freebies. I'm amazed at how effective the T1 bow is with just one point in Hidden Strike. One-shot entire POIs with no fuss. I expect the damage multiplier to be somewhat nerfed in a patch. I'd expect to need 2 or 3 shots with a T1 and stone arrows to take down a fat @%$*#! even with an initial sneak headshot.

3 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I just learned there are "spitting vultures"??!! I'm told these are the radioactive ones who spit. Of all the complaining about the vultures I don't recall this being brought up?! I agree, vultures are a pain, however I can only imagine these fu*kers.......

These have been in the game for a while, but in A19 they seem to spawn in pretty aggressively if you're on a vehicle during horde night. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't see them until you get to a higher GS. If I read the XML correctly, they first show up in blood moon hordes at GS 74. As mentioned above they can also spawn in the wasteland and, bizarrely, at GS 5,778 (not a typo) in screamer hordes.