Edit History

Scyris

Scyris

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

I suppose someone could mod the RNG back in but the only way it would be balanced imo is if upkeep on higher quality items was....higher as well.  That way, one lucky RNG drop doesnt automatically invalidate the entire progression of the game in one fell swoop...Easier said then done of course.

Its not just drops that are the problem, the trader even in A19 can completly break the intended progression as well. Hell mine had a wuality 4 auto shotgun in it on day 1, had no way to get the dukes in time, but it did have it. This will be fixed in a20 though, the devs know about it, the trader needs to level up with the player's gamestage kinda how vendors level up in elder scrolls/fallout games, higher level you are=better stuff npcs have when they reset daily.

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

So the number of repair kits needed = the tier of the item with some modifiers/multipliers. 

Could also do a dying light, where things have a limited number of repairs before they become "broken" where they are only good to scrap and have 0 vendor value. This would make crafting have real value later. When things with Mods "break" though you can pull the mods out of it before scrapping it. Maybe have a skill thats based on the level of the perk for that item that has a chance to not use up a repair time, or that adds more times you can repair it.

Scyris

Scyris

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

I suppose someone could mod the RNG back in but the only way it would be balanced imo is if upkeep on higher quality items was....higher as well.  That way, one lucky RNG drop doesnt automatically invalidate the entire progression of the game in one fell swoop...Easier said then done of course.

Its not just drops that are the problem, the trader even in A19 can completly break the intended progression as well. Hell mine had a wuality 4 auto shotgun in it on day 1, had no way to get the dukes in time, but it did have it. This will be fixed in a20 though, the devs know about it, the trader needs to level up with the player's gamestage kinda how vendors level up in elder scrolls/fallout games, higher level you are=better stuff npcs have when they reset daily.

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

So the number of repair kits needed = the tier of the item with some modifiers/multipliers. 

Could also do a dying light, where things have a limited number of repairs before they become "broken" where they are only good to scrap and have 0 vendor value. This would make crafting have real value later.