Edit History

Laz Man

Laz Man

22 minutes ago, Scyris said:

A bit, I find the new loot system ruined the game, its much to easy to get quality 5/6 items now that it takes away a ton of the fun. 1-3 should be very common 4-6 super rare no matter how high GS is. Like it was in A18. The tiering from primitive->iron->steel thou is nice, but it also sort of makes each game play the same way pretty much, since at so and so GS you know your never going to find x item anywhere. I just wish I could get night vision goggles without needing better barter. I've never found a pair in a17/18 or 19 yet in loot.

Yeah I hear yah...hopefully when they have the higher risk areas with better loot that will make things better.  People been asking for that for ages and based on some of the dev responses, it sounds like it's coming.  Just not in A19.

On the flip side getting a high quality  RNG loot drop super early in the game felt cheesy and rushed progression way to fast to the point it was game breaking.  Yes it felt good to get the lucky drop but soon after it was like so what do I do now?  Guess I'll go decorate my base or start over....

At least this way, getting that high quality item feels more rewarding because it was earned.  (E.g. higher gs attained)

Laz Man

Laz Man

16 minutes ago, Scyris said:

A bit, I find the new loot system ruined the game, its much to easy to get quality 5/6 items now that it takes away a ton of the fun. 1-3 should be very common 4-6 super rare no matter how high GS is. Like it was in A18. The tiering from primitive->iron->steel thou is nice, but it also sort of makes each game play the same way pretty much, since at so and so GS you know your never going to find x item anywhere. I just wish I could get night vision goggles without needing better barter. I've never found a pair in a17/18 or 19 yet in loot.

Yeah I hear yah...hopefully when they have the higher risk areas with better loot that will make things better.  People been asking for that for ages and based on some of the dev responses, it sounds like it's coming.  Just not in A19.

On the flip side getting a high quality  RNG loot drop super early in the game felt cheesy and rushed progression way to fast to the point it was game breaking.  Yes it felt good to get the lucky drop but soon after it was like so what do I do now?  Guess I'll go decorate my base or start over....