So was the point of A19 to get rid of "Realism"?

watzlp

Should Primitive tools and weapons lootable in the first place?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Should Primitive Stone tools and weapons be found in Sealed Pre-Apocalypse Sealed Boxes?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yea, Even though its emersion breaking, for "Game Balance" you should find survivor made tools and weapons in boxes from probably over a hundred years ago.
    • No, I cant craft lv6 quality loot as a survivor, why would people from before all this happen be selling things youd only make after the apocalypse happend?
    • I didnt read anything you wrote and just came here to say "Get Gud Scrub" Thus adding nothing to the conversation.

1 minute ago, theFlu said:

Are the padded & scrap armors Tier 1 or Tier 0?

<lootgroup name="groupArmorT0" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT0">
    <item name="armorClothPants"/>
    <item name="armorClothJacket"/>
    <item name="armorClothBoots"/>
    <item name="armorClothGloves"/>
    <item name="armorClothHat"/>
    <item name="armorScrapHelmet"/>
    <item name="armorScrapChest"/>
    <item name="armorScrapGloves"/>
    <item name="armorScrapLegs"/>
    <item name="armorScrapBoots"/>
</lootgroup>

23 hours ago, Kalen said:

Q6 can't drop until GS 110.  Not sure how you got a GS that high by day 4

Again, from the xml

<!-- QL4 starts at 50, QL5 at 80, QL6 at 110 -->

Someone stated you could not get q6 items until gs 110. They may be tier 0, but q6 items do drop even in the first week.

43 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Point of that socratic question was, you're looking at ProbT1, aren't the Q levels separate for the tiers => lower Tier things drop in higher qualities in earlier GS..?

Maybe?   There are a lot of different quality templates in loot.xml.   Will take some digging to unravel it, but clearly, it's more complicated.

17 hours ago, katarynna said:

Someone stated you could not get q6 items until gs 110. They may be tier 0, but q6 items do drop even in the first week.

q6 t0 armor  should drop  from lvl  20 (dont ask me why is half loot.xml based on gamestage and rest on lvl lol )

but any iron tools ,non primitive weapons or even wrenches shouldnt  drop  yill gs 110 acording to xml  and we  all know this doesnt reflect reality other  things drop as well  (scrap/padded q6 armors are extremely common tho)

19 minutes ago, alanea said:

q6 t0 armor  should drop  from lvl  20 (dont ask me why is half loot.xml based on gamestage and rest on lvl lol )

but any iron tools ,non primitive weapons or even wrenches shouldnt  drop  yill gs 110 acording to xml  and we  all know this doesnt reflect reality other  things drop as well  (scrap/padded q6 armors are extremely common tho)

That makes sense. All of my t6 drops so far have been primitive tier, but there have been several as of day 8.

19 minutes ago, katarynna said:

That makes sense. All of my t6 drops so far have been primitive tier, but there have been several as of day 8.

yeah  like this crap i didnt sell  yet ...  GS 97  t1 t1 t1 t2 " not possible until 110"

1.jpg

3 hours ago, alanea said:

(dont ask me why is half loot.xml based on gamestage and rest on lvl lol )

I don't think it is. They use the tag "level", but it actually means "gamestage". So I'm pretty sure the way to read the Tier 0 quality template:

<qualitytemplate level="20,21" default_quality="2">
  <loot quality="2" prob="0.313"/>
  <loot quality="3" prob="0.373"/>
  <loot quality="4" prob="0.464"/>
  <loot quality="5" prob="0.622"/>
  <loot quality="6" prob="1"/>
</qualitytemplate>

...is that for GS 20-21, if RNG gives you a T0 item that uses this template, there is a

11.3% chance of Q2

13.5% chance of Q3

16.7% chance of Q4

22.4% chance of Q5

36.1% chance of Q6

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

I don't think it is. They use the tag "level", but it actually means "gamestage". So I'm pretty sure the way to read the Tier 0 quality template:

<qualitytemplate level="20,21" default_quality="2">
  <loot quality="2" prob="0.313"/>
  <loot quality="3" prob="0.373"/>
  <loot quality="4" prob="0.464"/>
  <loot quality="5" prob="0.622"/>
  <loot quality="6" prob="1"/>
</qualitytemplate>

...is that for GS 20-21, if RNG gives you a T0 item that uses this template, there is a

11.3% chance of Q2

13.5% chance of Q3

16.7% chance of Q4

22.4% chance of Q5

36.1% chance of Q6

sure .. thats likely

level : gamestage
default_quality / quality : the item tier

its just mess tho ..  mixing level  / quality   ....  item tier =quality ....  then they add  another tiers ( t0 t1 t2 t3)

anyway xml  says  that  q6 shouldnt drop until  gs  110  except  primitive tools 

but QLTemplateT1  seems to allow Q6 at gs 68,69 .... that doesnt really match reality (q6 pistol before first horde far  from 68gs) even kandy adds just  +5 and 10%   not enought to  get there ... sooo there must be some issue

QLTemplateT2 used for military armor  shows first q6 on  GS 116+

<qualitytemplate level="116,117" default_quality="1"><loot quality="1" prob="0.272"/><loot quality="2" prob="0.316"/><loot quality="3" prob="0.377"/><loot quality="4" prob="0.47"/><loot quality="5" prob="0.628"/><loot quality="6" prob="1"/></qualitytemplate>

but ...day 35  horde loot  GS = 103

2.jpg

I think the candy was a mistake.  Pushed me straight to darkness falls full time. They don't do the candy there.  

The food consumption issue is a little annoying. I just translate it in my head that no I did not just eat 6 eggs, 18 pieces of meat an entire blue berry pie, two beef stews and still hungry; It was just one egg, a small slice of meat/pie cause the rest was not edible/infected or something. 

22 minutes ago, alanea said:

But that's not what default_quality/quality means. Tier = stone/iron/steel. Quality = yellow-green-purple. They are consistent with these terms (though it is shortened to "T0" for tier 0).

22 minutes ago, alanea said:

QLTemplateT2 used for military armor  shows first q6 on  GS 116+

<qualitytemplate level="116,117" default_quality="1"><loot quality="1" prob="0.272"/><loot quality="2" prob="0.316"/><loot quality="3" prob="0.377"/><loot quality="4" prob="0.47"/><loot quality="5" prob="0.628"/><loot quality="6" prob="1"/></qualitytemplate>

but ...day 35  horde loot  GS = 103

Funny thing about drops from strong zombies (like you'd see on a GS103 horde night), they don't follow the regular quality template:

<lootcontainer id="71" count="2,3" size="6,3" loot_quality_template="qualPlus1Template">

That template starts Q6 at GS 80.

14 minutes ago, Axonius said:

I think the candy was a mistake.  Pushed me straight to darkness falls full time. They don't do the candy there.  

The food consumption issue is a little annoying. I just translate it in my head that no I did not just eat 6 eggs, 18 pieces of meat an entire blue berry pie, two beef stews and still hungry; It was just one egg, a small slice of meat/pie cause the rest was not edible/infected or something. 

thats  not new issue tho  even in past you needed 25x corn bread to fill up :D

they need to make food atleast twice harder to obtain and double food gain from it

whats wrong with candies ?  most of them is useless  eye kandy is nice but not gamechanger

jail breakers are OP early useless later

5 minutes ago, Boidster said:

But that's not what default_quality/quality means. Tier = stone/iron/steel. Quality = yellow-green-purple. They are consistent with these terms (though it is shortened to "T0" for tier 0).

is  copied from  loot.xml ... i know they started using "tier" for something else   thats why i call it chaotic mess

5 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Funny thing about drops from strong zombies (like you'd see on a GS103 horde night), they don't follow the regular quality template:

<lootcontainer id="71" count="2,3" size="6,3" loot_quality_template="qualPlus1Template">

That template starts Q6 at GS 80.

thats ... possible  ... i was sure loot bags are equal actually  now  we just have to explain day  4 Q  pistol :D and  Q6  wrenches all around

default_quality / quality : the item tier  is  copied from  loot.xml ... i know they started using "tier" for something else   thats why i call it chaotic mess

I get that, but honestly I think they mean "quality tier" I guess. The attributes "default_quality" and "quality" both refer to what we commonly call "quality" Q1-Q6. The comments in the XML have been carried through several revisions and never updated. Same exact comment was in A18 and they completely revamped what we call "tier" (stone/iron/steel). Don't take the comments too literally. Otherwise...

<qualitytemplate level="6,7" default_quality="6">

...you then will start believing there is some mythical "Tier 6" out there to find! 🙂

and  Q6  wrenches all around

Can't explain that. I've only found Q1 wrenches so far through about day 7. If you're getting Q6 wrenches before GS 68 then something is bugged in your game.

3 hours ago, alanea said:

thats  not new issue tho  even in past you needed 25x corn bread to fill up :D

they need to make food atleast twice harder to obtain and double food gain from it

whats wrong with candies ?  most of them is useless  eye kandy is nice but not gamechanger

jail breakers are OP early useless later

is  copied from  loot.xml ... i know they started using "tier" for something else   thats why i call it chaotic mess

thats ... possible  ... i was sure loot bags are equal actually  now  we just have to explain day  4 Q  pistol :D and  Q6  wrenches all around

I wanted to mess around with the loot.xml to fix what i think is wrong with it but holy hell its a mess. I have no idea how to actually set any of these info. Reading throught this discussion cleared a lot for me but its still kind of chaos to look at.

Archived