Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

16 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

The  mod description link does work you just click on it with your  mouse and it will take you to the descriptions.

The link in the OP just leads me to another endless modlist i still have to search for "oven".

And it just tells "where you can cook". It doesn't tell anything about how it works. It does also not tell that it is supposed to work exactly like a camp fire.

The bowls was never in the oven mods tho so I am thinking you may be using someone else's mod 

I also just downloaded the mod from the link and i now have bowls and additional cooking receips. Not "just" an working oven.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhDzlqRfQz0LhTDTn_z-UUPDaQWF?e=iiwJFA

Tbh your the first one whom hasnt seen the description of the mod.  

I still don't see a description. At least nothing better than the title already says.

14 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

The link in the OP just leads me to another endless modlist i still have to search for "oven".

And it just tells "where you can cook". It doesn't tell anything about how it works. It does also not tell that it is supposed to work exactly like a camp fire.

I also just downloaded the mod from the link and i now have bowls and additional cooking receips. Not "just" an working oven.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhDzlqRfQz0LhTDTn_z-UUPDaQWF?e=iiwJFA

I still don't see a description. At least nothing better than the title already says.

oh you clicked the github link which is all vals modlets.

you still dont need to add all to use a individual modlet lol. It is the reason i changed the files to one drive so people could just dl a single modlet rather then github which only allows to dl all modlets at once. even when a single modlet has been updated.

try the actual download under each modlet name (says "download") lol

i have removed the github link because i wont be keeping that one upto date from now on in anyway.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

On 11/6/2020 at 5:23 PM, Liesel Weppen said:

Don't know how this is supposed to work. Neither the "description" link here is working, nor that in the OP.

There simply is no description.

Now the bowls (and according receips) are removed from the "working oven" mod?

Can i update, if i had the mod previously and already have bowls in my inventory or storage?

A list with dozens of mods is surely nice. But what the hell are you expecting from "customers"? Installing random mods nobody telling about what they do or how they work?

I tend to remove the mod, because it doesn't/didn't work and no description was given. Can i do that or will this break the game?

Hi Liesel,

I have the Working Stoves and Sinks mod and have had no problems with it, other than initially not being able to find it. But that was my bad, not Stallion's. 

Your tone man! Stallion and other modders do this for us free of charge and people like Stallion, Guppycur and others are always ready and willing to help when they can. I've never seen them even give a hint of being frustrated at any question they've been asked.

You might be a bit more understanding, that's all I'm saying. The way you come across is what we'd call "bad optics." No harm or disrespect to you intended, but it pains me to see a good modder receive flack when they are trying to keep another modder's good work alive, like with these mods here. 

Now with the Working Stoves, all I have to do is have the ingredients in my inventory, choose the item I want to make and it cooks. It doesn't need any fuel. That's what I love about it. It's like a real stove. I'm sorry if it had to be changed. The sinks work flawlessly too. Hold a jar in hand and choose the key to interact. I have my keys remapped so they may be different from yours.

I don't have any bowls or recipes with this mod. Try Noble's foods on Nexus if you want varied, cool foods that aren't IMHO overpowered.

I hope you get it all sorted out and maybe show a little love to the modders working so hard to help us have better game experiences.

3 hours ago, Netwit2008 said:

Now with the Working Stoves, all I have to do is have the ingredients in my inventory, choose the item I want to make and it cooks. It doesn't need any fuel. That's what I love about it. It's like a real stove. I'm sorry if it had to be changed.

I expected them to behave like a campfire. I woudln't have installed them if they worked without any fuel or power, because imho that is overpowered.

But without any descripiton it's hard to see.

3 hours ago, Netwit2008 said:

I don't have any bowls or recipes with this mod. Try Noble's foods on Nexus if you want varied, cool foods that aren't IMHO overpowered.

Yeah, as stallion pointed out, i obviously downloaded a mod collection instead of just "workung ovens and sinks". I wouldn't install a mod that adds foods, because i'm fine with the vanilla things.

I also recognized that seed crafting is changeg, guess that's also from this mod(-package). Instead of 5 vegetables to craft one seed, i now craft 3 seeds out of 1 vegetable...not overpowered at all... ;)

32 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I expected them to behave like a campfire. I woudln't have installed them if they worked without any fuel or power, because imho that is overpowered.

Yeah, as stallion pointed out, i obviously downloaded a mod collection instead of just "workung ovens and sinks". I wouldn't install a mod that adds foods, because i'm fine with the vanilla things.

I also recognized that seed crafting is changeg, guess that's also from this mod(-package). Instead of 5 vegetables to craft one seed, i now craft 3 seeds out of 1 vegetable...not overpowered at all... ;)

in regards to the seed crafting they were the values used by valmar when he made the mods back in like a8 thru a15 or whenever he finished up. I didn't change them and simply made the modlets work for current alphas. I didn't compare them to vanilla values either. feel free tho to change them to suit your game play or wants.

the description were vague because the old forum i simply linked the modlet to valmars thread he had done and i didn't exactly memorize his words lol as the old forum was deleted and we lost alot of stuff. so put a basic description in.

and feedback is always good whether here or my other threads always welcomed. but nothing i do is unable to be edited by the user or downloader to suit their own game either.

2 hours ago, Captain_Cornball said:

i GOT them to unlock,  BUT

Getting weird pink things i wish There was better instructions on how to do stuff 

Untitled.PNG

that isnt one of the traps in the mod btw.

maybe verify your game but the expanded traps work as intended.
and no pink stuff after spawning one of each or building one of each.

17 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I'm glad it's getting sorted out. I know that can be frustrating.

You never know about those foods though, lol! I was satisfied too until I saw Noble's modlet. Lord that food looks so good it always makes me hungry IRL to find it 😋

Hi @stallionsden

I've been using the Extended Traps Mod most pleasurably for some time.

One thing that brings up regular comments from players is that even though the items connected to the 1 schematic unlock, the book image remains locked and doesn't toggle to the unlocked version even though the tags="learnable is present for each.

For the sake of compliance, I removed all of the connected recipe items except for 1 single entry. And that works with the book image showing unlocked status.

Would you recommend making a single schematic entry, which is easy enough to do simply using the stock icons for those particular traps, for each and every trap so it's one schematic to one trap rather than the one schematic to the batch of 6 traps, or is there a code entry which can batch them all together in a better way that allows the book to show unlocked status?

Thank you as always for the Prefabs Packs, giant snakes, fixed zombie spawns, etc, etc, etc......

4 hours ago, arramus said:

Hi @stallionsden

I've been using the Extended Traps Mod most pleasurably for some time.

One thing that brings up regular comments from players is that even though the items connected to the 1 schematic unlock, the book image remains locked and doesn't toggle to the unlocked version even though the tags="learnable is present for each.

For the sake of compliance, I removed all of the connected recipe items except for 1 single entry. And that works with the book image showing unlocked status.

Would you recommend making a single schematic entry, which is easy enough to do simply using the stock icons for those particular traps, for each and every trap so it's one schematic to one trap rather than the one schematic to the batch of 6 traps, or is there a code entry which can batch them all together in a better way that allows the book to show unlocked status?

Thank you as always for the Prefabs Packs, giant snakes, fixed zombie spawns, etc, etc, etc......

Hi arramus

Thanks for the kind words and yeh that bothered me bout the book not going to open status to show learned. 

So it is because the schematic unlocks multiple things is that why or I misunderstand.

I can make diff schematics no problems. I have added it to the list of things I need to do atm I am heads down getting cp47 ready and once that is good I be back on here and fixing everything everyone has mentioned. 

@stallionsden You understood perfectly. A buddy suggests he’s going to work on some new icons and I’ll see about coding them in. I’ll ask if we can post them here for your perusal and maybe remove something from your to do list.

Edit:

The same applies as above but I just realised the version I have had been stripped down to 7 traps. The same applies though. One for much later.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @stallionsden

I've been using 10 of these mods with minor edits to switch to all vanilla icons to make them server side only mods for my server and loving them.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be possible to make a beehive work much the same way the chicken coop does in the animal snares mod? Except have it be a tree stump as the final form that you can loot like you do the bird's nest for the chicken coop. I tried to look at what's happening in the chicken coop but I think it's above my head atm. Can you point me in a direction of research to better understand that bit of code and how it works?

Now that I've got that idea out, thank you for your work bringing these mods to a19. They have definitely added a major element of awesome to my server play experience. As have the 8 of your mods i'm also using on my server. 

valmars mods in use.png

stallionsden mods in use.png

3 hours ago, magejosh said:

Hi @stallionsden

I've been using 10 of these mods with minor edits to switch to all vanilla icons to make them server side only mods for my server and loving them.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be possible to make a beehive work much the same way the chicken coop does in the animal snares mod? Except have it be a tree stump as the final form that you can loot like you do the bird's nest for the chicken coop. I tried to look at what's happening in the chicken coop but I think it's above my head atm. Can you point me in a direction of research to better understand that bit of code and how it works?

Now that I've got that idea out, thank you for your work bringing these mods to a19. They have definitely added a major element of awesome to my server play experience. As have the 8 of your mods i'm also using on my server. 

valmars mods in use.png

stallionsden mods in use.png

Hi magejosh

I certainly appreciate the nice words. 

There is actually a beehive mod on nexus you could see what that modder did and Integrate it maybe into the tree stump. 

Yeah, I really like FreakUK's beehive and chicken coop. But for this use, they won't function because they use new assets.

Oh, i'm slow sometimes. You are suggesting retargeting that section of code to the treestump. That would be perfect. I will look into it.

Thanks!

Also, on the animal snares. Is there a way to slow them down so they don't produce so fast?

1 hour ago, magejosh said:

Yeah, I really like FreakUK's beehive and chicken coop. But for this use, they won't function because they use new assets.

Oh, i'm slow sometimes. You are suggesting retargeting that section of code to the treestump. That would be perfect. I will look into it.

Thanks!

Also, on the animal snares. Is there a way to slow them down so they don't produce so fast?

Yes just change the tickrate but highest you can go is 63.

I just tested expanded traps and I have found a few issues.
MinereTNT do little or no damage.

The trapNailMine create wired purple effects like shown in few posts above.

And the trapAdhesive and pressureplateLongtrapAdhesive dont seem to take any damage from being walked on by zeds.

I would love to use this traps, love the diversity.

Screenshot_(330).png

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, xxx73 said:

I just tested expanded traps and I have found a few issues.
MinereTNT do little or no damage.

The trapNailMine create wired purple effects like shown in few posts above.

And the trapAdhesive and pressureplateLongtrapAdhesive dont seem to take any damage from being walked on by zeds.

I would love to use this traps, love the diversity.

Screenshot_(330).png

The trapadhesive ones just slows them down like they are stuck no damage given by these ones.

Will check minertnt it only suppose to destroy blocks not zs tho.

Thanks for your reply :)
Sry for being unclear about damage, what I meant was that the traps get no damage from being used, vanilla traps take damage and either get destroyed or stop working after some time. I noticed that non of the traps took any damage when zeds walked on them so they will go on forever. So how can I add "receive" damage to the traps?

14 minutes ago, xxx73 said:

Thanks for your reply :)
Sry for being unclear about damage, what I meant was that the traps get no damage from being used, vanilla traps take damage and either get destroyed or stop working after some time. I noticed that non of the traps took any damage when zeds walked on them so they will go on forever. So how can I add "receive" damage to the traps?

Argh i understand. I would copy the damage to the vanilla traps in blocks.xml to it. but can look at adding that to the mod at some point