Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

1 hour ago, falcon470 said:

just output.log

Can you just try the valmars mod without any others. cause the errors in the output.log point to the xui and valmars on yours dont have a xui addition.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ItemActionEntryUse.RefreshEnabled () [0x001ed] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at ItemActionEntryUse..ctor (XUiController controller, ItemActionEntryUse+ConsumeType consumeType) [0x00118] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_ItemActionList.SetCraftingActionList (XUiC_ItemActionList+ItemActionListTypes _actionListType, XUiController itemController) [0x007f4] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_ItemInfoWindow.SetInfo (ItemStack stack, XUiController controller, XUiC_ItemActionList+ItemActionListTypes actionListType) [0x00319] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_ItemInfoWindow.SetItemStack (XUiC_ItemStack stack) [0x00080] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_ItemInfoWindow.SetItemInfo (XUiC_ItemStack stack) [0x0000f] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_ItemStack.HandleItemInspect () [0x00022] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_ItemStack.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x0030d] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiController.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x0004f] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiC_Backpack.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x00000] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiController.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x0004f] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (System.Single updateDeltaTime) [0x0014d] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x0003f] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0
  at XUiUpdateHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0

(Filename: <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769> Line: 0)

ALSO in your items.xml remove the id="####" on all the items you have.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

still not working two problems with it one is the description isnt showing, but i havent tried to make that work yet so may be easy. Main problem is the errors which its come down to one file the quest.xml file. If i take those lines of code and add them directly into the main quest.xml in the data/config folder it all works cept the description. Im not entirely sure what im doing with xpath to see the problem though got to be a syntax error i would say like mabey spaces not wehre they should be is what im thinking but im not sure

hey i think i know whats wrong now im a moron i nthe config folder of the mod quests.xml was labeled quest.xml..... looking at every thing else but the file name. it works now cept the admin skill one gives an error but still works should be able to fix that one easily enough just have to compare to ther others but they work fine

yes it is working now quests.xml was accidently misnamed cant beleive i missed that 2 issues remain that i wouldnt be good with but thats up to you i would love for you to offically re release this as it is one of valmars mods all credit goes to him i just copied and pasted the code, then beat my head aginst the wall for why it wasnt working.....

the loot tables and the description on the items themselfs are the issue they may drop more or less then valmar intended to begin with i am not sure

heres the working file if you want to add it to the list after balenceing entirely up to you if you want to do so 

vamars_survivor_notes.rar

Edited by falcon470 (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, falcon470 said:

yes it is working now quests.xml was accidently misnamed cant beleive i missed that 2 issues remain that i wouldnt be good with but thats up to you i would love for you to offically re release this as it is one of valmars mods all credit goes to him i just copied and pasted the code, then beat my head aginst the wall for why it wasnt working.....

the loot tables and the description on the items themselfs are the issue they may drop more or less then valmar intended to begin with i am not sure

heres the working file if you want to add it to the list after balenceing entirely up to you if you want to do so 

vamars_survivor_notes.rar 5 MB · 0 downloads

Oh thats great. Yeh i was looking at that 1 then gotn side tracked with the output.log lol. Will def put it up with credits to you for it. Altho I will have to rename it as have the Survivor notes already there. 

no i like that idea i do like both systems when i first downloaded the other one though this was the one i thought i was getting was a little disapointed at first then realized how usefull the other one could be, to give a little more information on how the loot used to work zombies droped the notes yes, however there was a very small chance of getting a collection of notes like a pinyata and i mean small didnt happen too much at all

edit im attaching valmars origonal loot.xml where the file came from doing the conversion from this is way beyond me this should give you some idea

it will have way more then the survivalnotes but you should just be able to search for them to find the drop rates i apoligize if this is unnessasary

loot.xml

Edited by falcon470 (see edit history)

Hello! I just made a few chicken coops on our server tonight for the first time and noticed an issue. I read here it should take a few days to go upgrade to each stage? They went from me placing them down to birds nests within just a few hours! After looting them I just stood there and watched as one turn to the second round stage. This would obviously be a little bit over powered. 🤣 I see where it says this in the block.xml but I just wanted to make sure the 3 is what would be fiddled around with before I change anything. 

<property name="GrowthRate" value="3" />

2 hours ago, frozenoj said:

Hello! I just made a few chicken coops on our server tonight for the first time and noticed an issue. I read here it should take a few days to go upgrade to each stage? They went from me placing them down to birds nests within just a few hours! After looting them I just stood there and watched as one turn to the second round stage. This would obviously be a little bit over powered. 🤣 I see where it says this in the block.xml but I just wanted to make sure the 3 is what would be fiddled around with before I change anything. 

<property name="GrowthRate" value="3" />

Yeh should be will double check when i at computer in a bit. Max is 63 tho

so i downloaded the starter class system upon getting an error of duplicate loot entry id 407 i took a peek in the files seems theres duplicates of almost every file example items and items 1.xml apparntly the game still tries to load those from waht i can tell the bigger file has the same amount ill go through and delete the smaller one and see if it works

12 minutes ago, falcon470 said:

so i downloaded the starter class system upon getting an error of duplicate loot entry id 407 i took a peek in the files seems theres duplicates of almost every file example items and items 1.xml apparntly the game still tries to load those from waht i can tell the bigger file has the same amount ill go through and delete the smaller one and see if it works

yeah i gues there are duplicate files however that wasnt the issue loot ids overlaping with antoher mod was the probelm

1 hour ago, falcon470 said:

yeah i gues there are duplicate files however that wasnt the issue loot ids overlaping with antoher mod was the probelm

delete the (1) files lol stupid google drive added that crap lol sorry about that,

Just went thru all vals mods and removes the files with (1) just then lol. Again sorry for the inconvenience

The Starter Classes Mod starts off the Rifleman with an Marksman rifle but the first rifleman class challenge requires a hunting rifle to get the thirty zombie kills.  I just changed it to the marksman rifle in the mods quests xml as below.  seems to have fixed it for me. just thought you should know if you wish to make the change yourself

as was

<quest id="challenge_rifleman1" group_name_key="quest_rifleman" name="Rifleman Quest" subtitle="Rifleman Challenge" description="Snipe some zombies" icon="ui_game_symbol_rifle" 
		repeatable="false" category_key="challenge" offer="A single shot is all it takes, show your skill with your rifle and kill some zombies. " difficulty="easy">
		<requirement type="Holding" id="gunRifleT1HuntingRifle" />
		<objective type="ZombieKill" value="30" />
		<reward type="Quest" id="rifleman_visit_trader" />
	</quest>

the change

<quest id="challenge_rifleman1" group_name_key="quest_rifleman" name="Rifleman Quest" subtitle="Rifleman Challenge" description="Snipe some zombies" icon="ui_game_symbol_rifle" 
		repeatable="false" category_key="challenge" offer="A single shot is all it takes, show your skill with your rifle and kill some zombies. " difficulty="easy">
		<requirement type="Holding" id="gunRifleT2MarksmanRifle" />
	</quest>

sorry if I brought this up in the wrong way or format I dont post very often. Thanks for keeping Vals mods alive.

1 hour ago, dorensnow said:

The Starter Classes Mod starts off the Rifleman with an Marksman rifle but the first rifleman class challenge requires a hunting rifle to get the thirty zombie kills.  I just changed it to the marksman rifle in the mods quests xml as below.  seems to have fixed it for me. just thought you should know if you wish to make the change yourself

as was

<requirement type="Holding" id="gunRifleT1HuntingRifle" />
	</quest>

the change

<requirement type="Holding" id="gunRifleT2MarksmanRifle" />
	</quest>

sorry if I brought this up in the wrong way or format I dont post very often. Thanks for keeping Vals mods alive.

No, much appreciated thank you.  

A quick question if you don't mind. I can't seem to get the sinks to give water. I've tried the mouse buttons, bare hands, and holding a jar in my hand. All I do is punch the sink and damage it. 

I looked to see if I needed to craft the sinks, but don't see anything other than the old sink models. What do you 'spose I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Netwit2008 said:

A quick question if you don't mind. I can't seem to get the sinks to give water. I've tried the mouse buttons, bare hands, and holding a jar in my hand. All I do is punch the sink and damage it. 

I looked to see if I needed to craft the sinks, but don't see anything other than the old sink models. What do you 'spose I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

did you type -
workstationOven
workingGranitSink
workingCabinetSink

or

Working Oven
Granite Sink

Cabinet Sink

but you have to make it as valmar didnt want the vanilla ones affected -

recipes are -

<recipe name="workstationOven" count="1" scrapable="False" >
        <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="20" />
        <ingredient name="toolCookingGrill" count="2" />
    </recipe>
    <recipe name="workingCabinetSink" count="1" scrapable="False" >
        <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="15" />
        <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="10"/>
        <ingredient name="resourceMetalPipe" count="5"/>
    </recipe>
    <recipe name="workingGranitSink" count="1" scrapable="False" >
        <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="15" />
        <ingredient name="resourceCobblestones" count="5" />
        <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="10"/>
        <ingredient name="resourceMetalPipe" count="5"/>

and you hold a emptyjar in your hand and use RMB i think (if not it def LMB lol )

Hi I'm new to 7 Days to die and just got a couple mods, I know this is probably a really noob question, but how do I use the   SURVIVOR NOTES EXPERIENCE AND RECIPE BOOKS... I have 50 of them in my inventory and I've equipped them, and it doesn't say read... and they don't look like a book just a ?folded? piece of paper.. and when I click on them in my inventory still no read... thank you so much for this mod it sound awesome and I really hope to be able to use it ....

37 minutes ago, MzzVixen said:

Hi I'm new to 7 Days to die and just got a couple mods, I know this is probably a really noob question, but how do I use the   SURVIVOR NOTES EXPERIENCE AND RECIPE BOOKS... I have 50 of them in my inventory and I've equipped them, and it doesn't say read... and they don't look like a book just a ?folded? piece of paper.. and when I click on them in my inventory still no read... thank you so much for this mod it sound awesome and I really hope to be able to use it ....

You need to craft the study desk first (not sure the exact name) and there you can use the survivor notes to craft recipe books.

• Roland changed the title to Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)
  • Roland locked this topic