Jump to content
stallionsden

Valmars A19 MODLETS

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Xsile said:

Looks like b177 broke a bunch of stuff in this mod.

Saying a broke a bunch of stuff does nothing for anyone brotha, can you provide more details, what broke? Which Modlet? What Errors? Details are key in getting fixes in place faster so we can all understand what is going on.

Just FYI.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I am using the Expanded Traps mod on my dedicated server. I found the trap schematic and have made Fire Traps. However, I cannot seem to repair them. I have made the gun Trap Nailgun and the trap Gas can but still cannot repair the blocks. Could someone explain how I am supposed to refuel/repair Fire Traps? Playing on Alpha 19 (b177) Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im really new to modding in general and i would like to ask are these mods server side so the guys i play with dont need to install this?

 

Also is there a way to identify what is server side and what is not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JDead said:

Hello,

 

I am using the Expanded Traps mod on my dedicated server. I found the trap schematic and have made Fire Traps. However, I cannot seem to repair them. I have made the gun Trap Nailgun and the trap Gas can but still cannot repair the blocks. Could someone explain how I am supposed to refuel/repair Fire Traps? Playing on Alpha 19 (b177) Thank you.

Whooops sorry recipe should a been for the firetrapempty lol. The one yu have has fire already and needs to be burnt first. Have fixed the error

18 hours ago, Xsile said:

Looks like b177 broke a bunch of stuff in this mod.

can you please let me know what errors you are getting.

I will check them out and fix.

29 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Im really new to modding in general and i would like to ask are these mods server side so the guys i play with dont need to install this?

 

Also is there a way to identify what is server side and what is not?

if the mod/modlet uses custom icons the mod/modlet will be required both server side and client side thus clients all need to have it on client side to.

If the mod/modlet doesnt have custom icons then server side is only needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stallionsden said:

if the mod/modlet uses custom icons the mod/modlet will be required both server side and client side thus clients all need to have it on client side to.

If the mod/modlet doesnt have custom icons then server side is only needed

Ahh nice, thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 12:48 AM, Xsile said:

Looks like b177 broke a bunch of stuff in this mod.

I just loaded up B177 and had all of Vals mods in and no errors or anything.

Can you please upload a output.log or players.log and tell me which mod or mods is giving you trouble for me to be able to assist you please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ugg... Class selection seems to be broken.  Can lay the suitcase down and open it with a key but can not open unlocked suitcase :( Will try reinstalling.

 

Other mods!!!  Not sure which at the moment.

Edited by Cadamier
ADDITION: (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 4:17 AM, stallionsden said:

Whooops sorry recipe should a been for the firetrapempty lol. The one yu have has fire already and needs to be burnt first. Have fixed the error

can you please let me know what errors you are getting.

I will check them out and fix.

if the mod/modlet uses custom icons the mod/modlet will be required both server side and client side thus clients all need to have it on client side to.

If the mod/modlet doesnt have custom icons then server side is only needed

Hello again,

 

I tried the new fixed expanded trap and first noticed that the fire trap's name had been changed to empty fire trap. But I couldn't craft it. It said it was locked even though I had already read the trap schematic before the new expanded mod fix. So I thought I had to find the trap schematic again which I did, my friend read it and still could not craft the empty fire trap. He tried all the crafting tables and just crafting from inventory but the trap was still locked and the craft button was missing. So now we cannot craft it. He did load the mod onto his single player game, brought up cheat mode and crafted the empty fire trap as well as the nail trap gun and trap gas. Still he was unable to repair the trap which was the initial problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JDead said:

Hello again,

 

I tried the new fixed expanded trap and first noticed that the fire trap's name had been changed to empty fire trap. But I couldn't craft it. It said it was locked even though I had already read the trap schematic before the new expanded mod fix. So I thought I had to find the trap schematic again which I did, my friend read it and still could not craft the empty fire trap. He tried all the crafting tables and just crafting from inventory but the trap was still locked and the craft button was missing. So now we cannot craft it. He did load the mod onto his single player game, brought up cheat mode and crafted the empty fire trap as well as the nail trap gun and trap gas. Still he was unable to repair the trap which was the initial problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey JDead sorry all fixed for sure forgot to move the unlock code to the empty block. All works and tested 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE FIRST POST

 

Can now download all prefabs via github in a single download

or
download individual prefab/s

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question regarding Door Lock Smash: I tried to use the modlet in world I already generated prior using the mod. Based on the mod description, I thought that after damaging a locked door so we can see through, I could then open it but what I'm seeing is that I fully need to destroy the door so a new unlocked one appears. Is this expected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Madnesis said:

Question regarding Door Lock Smash: I tried to use the modlet in world I already generated prior using the mod. Based on the mod description, I thought that after damaging a locked door so we can see through, I could then open it but what I'm seeing is that I fully need to destroy the door so a new unlocked one appears. Is this expected?

Yes thats pretty much how it works as you cant lock pick a door (many have tried to mod it in lol) so it gives the illusion you have reached in and openned it but its more for the doors that have some damage on them already and you can see thru it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Yes thats pretty much how it works as you cant lock pick a door (many have tried to mod it in lol) so it gives the illusion you have reached in and openned it but its more for the doors that have some damage on them already and you can see thru it. 

Ok fine, thanks for the confirmation!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi StallionsDen

running your mod on 19 alpha b180 and noticed while the mods work but there is no icon for any of the additional "addons"

Running my own dedicated server.

mod list I'm running:

30K item stacks

Scomar82_A19-HUD

smelter_mod

Zombieanpassungen

All Valmars mods except trees mod

 

is this due to the mods not ready for B180 or is there something I need to add to my dedicated server.

Troubleshooting:

Removed all non Valmars mods

tried each mod separately.

rebuilt the server to newest build.

 

Seems that only the added items have no icon in game "blank box with a number of the items" the survivor notes work as in when clicking on recipes it will say 12/30 for recipes needed.

For now we are scrapping the duplicate items like needle and thread but are trying to figure out the ammo and other items.

 

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Z

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hey man, 

 

Quick question regarding the Expanded traps, ive placed down the empty fire trap and i cant refill it at all, ive used nail gun , hammer ect and its asking for a purple gas can but their is'nt any? ive opened the creative menu and the only purple one is nail gun gas can and that doesnt work? any idea's ?

 

 

Edit; 

 

Nevermind i didnt realise you had to use the trap nail gun to refill my bad xD Thanks so much for updating these for us man :D

Edited by SolidSnake99 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the old master files Valmod-Overhaul-master & the Valmod-Expansion-master back for 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just came back to 7D2D, after not really playing much since Alpha 17. I loved Valmod back then. My favorite part was the class selection at the start. I downloaded the Starter Class modlet, one thing that was immediately apparent after checking every class, Assassin or Wildcard are the only real choices. I also noticed that the Engineer and Mechanic basically start exactly the same, with the mechanic having a better starter setup than the engineer. If you are taking suggestions, maybe add a crappy robotic turret to Engineer's start, now that it takes getting established before you can craft another. Bring all the classes up to par with Assassin, because currently Assassin gets a t3 bow, t2 SMG  and t2 Rifle with attachments to fill all 3. A good start would be to add attachments to the rest of the classes as well. Gunman is almost on par with assassin, but he's missing any optic, same with the Veteran. Also being a USMC Veteran, the Marine class is EXTREMELY underwhelming, he only get's the Auto-Shotty, while nice, the Tactical Combat Rifle would have made more sense. I'm not familiar with writing/coding mods. If it's a lot of work to re-write the class kits, I get it, but if it's doable, please look into them. Thanks for all of your hard work, and keep making updating these amazing mods.

Edited by KnightmareX87 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 10:29 AM, Dragonling said:

Hi StallionsDen

running your mod on 19 alpha b180 and noticed while the mods work but there is no icon for any of the additional "addons"

Running my own dedicated server.

mod list I'm running:

30K item stacks

Scomar82_A19-HUD

smelter_mod

Zombieanpassungen

All Valmars mods except trees mod

 

is this due to the mods not ready for B180 or is there something I need to add to my dedicated server.

Troubleshooting:

Removed all non Valmars mods

tried each mod separately.

rebuilt the server to newest build.

 

Seems that only the added items have no icon in game "blank box with a number of the items" the survivor notes work as in when clicking on recipes it will say 12/30 for recipes needed.

For now we are scrapping the duplicate items like needle and thread but are trying to figure out the ammo and other items.

 

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Z

 

 

my apologies I did not get any notifications for these messages and honestly havent checked.

Will take a look at the icons.

Do you have the icons in your game files as well as your dedicated server as icons require to be both client side and server side.

2 hours ago, KnightmareX87 said:

I just came back to 7D2D, after not really playing much since Alpha 17. I loved Valmod back then. My favorite part was the class selection at the start. I downloaded the Starter Class modlet, one thing that was immediately apparent after checking every class, Assassin or Wildcard are the only real choices. I also noticed that the Engineer and Mechanic basically start exactly the same, with the mechanic having a better starter setup than the engineer. If you are taking suggestions, maybe add a crappy robotic turret to Engineer's start, now that it takes getting established before you can craft another. Bring all the classes up to par with Assassin, because currently Assassin gets a t3 bow, t2 SMG  and t2 Rifle with attachments to fill all 3. A good start would be to add attachments to the rest of the classes as well. Gunman is almost on par with assassin, but he's missing any optic, same with the Veteran. Also being a USMC Veteran, the Marine class is EXTREMELY underwhelming, he only get's the Auto-Shotty, while nice, the Tactical Combat Rifle would have made more sense. I'm not familiar with writing/coding mods. If it's a lot of work to re-write the class kits, I get it, but if it's doable, please look into them. Thanks for all of your hard work, and keep making updating these amazing mods.

it will be one thing i will look at eventually, and plan on balancing things .

Will def take into account your suggestions to and greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

valmars survival notes not the ones that give you recipies but the ones that give you perks ive gotten them to work by injecting them into the xmls but not by making them into a modlet get object refernce not set to an instance of object i missed the perk point drops from alpha 16 valmar over haul expansion if you could add that or guide me into fixing it wasnt in modlet form from the overhaul expansion im trying to make it that way thanks if your willing to do so i can upload to you what i have and im sure you can fix it quick but i alas only have a vauge idea of what im doing lots of cutting and pasteing 

Edited by falcon470 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, falcon470 said:

valmars survival notes not the ones that give you recipies but the ones that give you perks ive gotten them to work by injecting them into the xmls but not by making them into a modlet get object refernce not set to an instance of object i missed the perk point drops from alpha 16 valmar over haul expansion if you could add that or guide me into fixing it wasnt in modlet form from the overhaul expansion im trying to make it that way thanks if your willing to do so i can upload to you what i have and im sure you can fix it quick but i alas only have a vauge idea of what im doing lots of cutting and pasteing 

I am sorry i dont understand your question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in valmars overhaul expansion that he used to release you got a chance to get a survival note from a zombie it wasnt the notes that you have on here it allowed you to read them and get a perk point thats what im trying to get back got it working except had to modify quest.xml directly in the main configs wont work as modlet, hope that makes more sence this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, falcon470 said:

in valmars overhaul expansion that he used to release you got a chance to get a survival note from a zombie it wasnt the notes that you have on here it allowed you to read them and get a perk point thats what im trying to get back got it working except had to modify quest.xml directly in the main configs wont work as modlet, hope that makes more sence this time

Can you upload the xml entries you have and i will take a look for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure sorry for the late reply, just woke back up. Most of it seems to work problem is the quest.xml. also it needs balenceing you origonally found them off zombie loot, was a slim chance prob 0.12 in the origonal files up to .15 for harder stuff.  I had to peice it together from his overhaul expansion, It works if i add the quest.xml directly into the main file other wise i get object referance not set. Also cant quite get the description to show up in game, even once i get it working. It does however when i do that give you the skill points its supposed to.

vamars_survivor_notes.rar

Edited by falcon470 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falcon470 said:

sure sorry for the late reply, just woke back up. Most of it seems to work problem is the quest.xml. also it needs balenceing you origonally found them off zombie loot, was a slim chance prob 0.12 in the origonal files up to .15 for harder stuff.  I had to peice it together from his overhaul expansion, It works if i add the quest.xml directly into the main file other wise i get object referance not set. Also cant quite get the description to show up in game, even once i get it working. It does however when i do that give you the skill points its supposed to.

vamars_survivor_notes.rar 5 MB · 1 download

can you also send your output.log/player.log with the error please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...