Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:00 AM, Szynsz said:

Hello stallionsden, i have quick question, how to make fire log steel spike? I try to upgrade them from vanillia steel log spike but i can't

Hi @Szynsz

My apologies missed this comment. 

you make these not from upgrading from vanilla (tho that is a good idea) - 

<recipe name="trapFireEmpty" count="2" scrapable="False" tags="learnable" >      
    <ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="8" />
    <ingredient name="toolCookingGrill" count="1" />
    <ingredient name="ammoGasCan" count="1" />
    <ingredient name="resourceGunPowder" count="4"/>
</recipe>

you need the - gunTrapNailgun which uses - trapGasCan

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Do you have a empty jar in your hand and clicking your mouse button.

Yeah, I've tried multiple sinks/faucets, right and left clicking, aiming at various parts of the block. I even tried uninstalling all my other mods in case there was a conflict.

I am using version 1.0, maybe there's a newer version?

2 hours ago, GoatBoySteve said:

Yeah, I've tried multiple sinks/faucets, right and left clicking, aiming at various parts of the block. I even tried uninstalling all my other mods in case there was a conflict.

I am using version 1.0, maybe there's a newer version?

Will take a look. 

You did unzip it first correct.

Any nres in the console. 

Mod loaded ok in console

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

5 hours ago, GoatBoySteve said:

Sinks in Working Ovens and Sinks not giving water, can't figure out what's wrong...

you have to craft the sinks and ovens - 

recipes - 

```<recipe name="workstationOven" count="1" scrapable="False" >
        <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="20" />
        <ingredient name="toolCookingGrill" count="2" />
    </recipe>
    <recipe name="workingCabinetSink" count="1" scrapable="False" >
        <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="15" />
        <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="10"/>
        <ingredient name="resourceMetalPipe" count="5"/>
    </recipe>
    <recipe name="workingGranitSink" count="1" scrapable="False" >
        <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="15" />
        <ingredient name="resourceCobblestones" count="5" />
        <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="10"/>
        <ingredient name="resourceMetalPipe" count="5"/>
    </recipe>```

44 minutes ago, GoatBoySteve said:

Yeah, I unzipped it. The oven is in there, but the only sinks I can craft are just huge storage. I'm supposed to be able to fill a glass, right? We had a different mod once called Indoor Plumbing and that one doesn't work anymore either.

I just loaded it up in a game and it worked for me filled the jar with water.

Did you add the mod after the game had started or.

Hey Hey!

Ugg... Got a tonne of mods that work fine with virtually all of Valmars.  Just tried adding TacticalAction by IvanDX  it kills the Valmars Starter Class system and makes it so you can't open the cases after unlocking the suitcase. 

<EDIT> I'll put a suitcase down and when I use the key on it it gives: ERR: No loot entry defined for loot list id 400 or which ever case is put down.  But all items are in the creative menu.  Just can't open them.

Edited by Cadamier (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Cadamier said:

Hey Hey!

Ugg... Got a tonne of mods that work fine with virtually all of Valmars.  Just tried adding TacticalAction by IvanDX  it kills the Valmars Starter Class system and makes it so you can't open the cases after unlocking the suitcase. 

<EDIT> I'll put a suitcase down and when I use the key on it it gives: ERR: No loot entry defined for loot list id 400 or which ever case is put down.  But all items are in the creative menu.  Just can't open them.

Hi @Cadamier

Looks like you have conflicting loot ids between Val's starter class and the tactical.  You will have to change the loot id to one not used in one mod or the other 

Okay! I was thinking of 'moving'/'changing' Valmars cause its a 'modlet' and not as massive as TA.  Do you know the maximum ID# for loot list?

Wait a minute... It says: "No loot entry defined for loot list ID 456" - after moving all +50.  So for some reason it would seem that its not reading that part?  It looks fine in Notepadd++ with all the normal coloring.  I did loot list, and it gave the same 400 error, then I found it in Blocks and then it changed to the new starting point at 450.  Weird.  Every "Class suitcase" that is locked does not have a LootList ID in the blocks xml.  It doesn't give an error when I put down the locked ones.  But it does error when I put down an unlocked one.

9 hours ago, Cadamier said:

Okay! I was thinking of 'moving'/'changing' Valmars cause its a 'modlet' and not as massive as TA.  Do you know the maximum ID# for loot list?

Wait a minute... It says: "No loot entry defined for loot list ID 456" - after moving all +50.  So for some reason it would seem that its not reading that part?  It looks fine in Notepadd++ with all the normal coloring.  I did loot list, and it gave the same 400 error, then I found it in Blocks and then it changed to the new starting point at 450.  Weird.  Every "Class suitcase" that is locked does not have a LootList ID in the blocks xml.  It doesn't give an error when I put down the locked ones.  But it does error when I put down an unlocked one.

You need to change the unlocked version loot id not the locked versions. The locked version is how it is suppose to be. Then it downgrades to the unlocked version which then points to the loot.

On 6/17/2021 at 7:18 PM, stallionsden said:

I just loaded it up in a game and it worked for me filled the jar with water.

Did you add the mod after the game had started or.

It works fine, lol, just figured out my problem. I assumed it filled with a right click like all the rivers, lakes and puddles in the game. It fills with the left click. 😅

11 minutes ago, GoatBoySteve said:

Any reason why?

It is how valmar set it up. He jad a reason for it tho since transitioning to the new thread all his threads have gone unfort as he explained it. But he did it like this so as to not alter vanilla pretty much 

On 6/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, stallionsden said:

You need to change the unlocked version loot id not the locked versions. The locked version is how it is suppose to be. Then it downgrades to the unlocked version which then points to the loot.

@stallionsden Yes!  I even moved them to start at 1550.  But again the system is erroring: "ERR No loot entry defined for loot list id 1550"

So it's not the ID's being in conflict, for some reason it's not reading that entire loot list.

Interesting:  When comparing the two loot lists I'm finding that the 'format' is totally different:

Valmars:

<append xpath="/lootcontainers">
        <lootcontainer id="1550" count="1" size="8,9" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate" >
        <item group="HunterClass" />

Tactical Action: Format is totally different:

<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoRegularGunslingerT1']">

<EDIT: UPDATE!>  I didn't want to do this but... I've dived in and found that Valmars & Tactical Action work fine together and alone.  So it must be one of the  60 something other mods.  Sorry about that.

4 hours ago, Cadamier said:

@stallionsden Yes!  I even moved them to start at 1550.  But again the system is erroring: "ERR No loot entry defined for loot list id 1550"

So it's not the ID's being in conflict, for some reason it's not reading that entire loot list.

Interesting:  When comparing the two loot lists I'm finding that the 'format' is totally different:

Valmars:

<append xpath="/lootcontainers">
        <lootcontainer id="1550" count="1" size="8,9" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate" >
        <item group="HunterClass" />

Tactical Action: Format is totally different:

<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoRegularGunslingerT1']">

<EDIT: UPDATE!>  I didn't want to do this but... I've dived in and found that Valmars & Tactical Action work fine together and alone.  So it must be one of the  60 something other mods.  Sorry about that.

argh the joys of so many mods lol glad you slowly finding the issue. Sometimes removing all mods then adding one at a time and testing til you get the error to sort out which one is causing the issue can be the easiest way. No problem hope you find the error and fix it 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay.  I'm quite certain I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

I downloaded the full modlets ZIP from Github, created a "Mods" folder and extracted them all there.  I load up the 7D2D Mod Launcher, click on "Steam Version", and "Manage Modlets" and they are all listed there, and all Enabled.  But when I hit "Play" it loads up into Alpha 19.6, and when I create a game I just get a ton of errors (various XML errors, and then a stream of "NullReferenceException" errors).  If I go back into the launcher and disable the modlets, I can launch the game that I just created...  so even with the modlets enabled it's trying to create a vanilla game and the modlets are causing errors (I believe).  I've also tried enabling just the modlets stamped as "A19" with the same results.

Edited by sq33k (see edit history)

I also went to The Fun Pimps mod on the 7D2D Mod Launcher, selected "Latest Stable" and installed a game copy, then I went into "Manage Modlets" there and enabled the "Valmar" mods...  and still got the same XML errors ending with the NRE errors.

33 minutes ago, sq33k said:

I also went to The Fun Pimps mod on the 7D2D Mod Launcher, selected "Latest Stable" and installed a game copy, then I went into "Manage Modlets" there and enabled the "Valmar" mods...  and still got the same XML errors ending with the NRE errors.

Hi @sq33k

can you please send me your output.log and or player.log please

41 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @sq33k

can you please send me your output.log and or player.log please

Trying to figure out how.  I've seen people attach them here, but I can't figure it out I guess.  The private message is only allowing me to send a picture format (.jpg, .png, etc.).  I tried to copy/paste the content into a post and got a post failed.  

Edited by sq33k (see edit history)

• Roland changed the title to Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)
  • Roland locked this topic