Why are Tier 6 items "drop only" and not crafted??

Palad1n

4 hours ago, FA_Q2 said:

That also kind of ignores the fact that you 'craft' an entire base.  Crafting still remains a huge part of the game - most of it IMHO.  It is not, however, the primary source of your gear.

Eh, tomato tamato.

I consider the base portion building/designing.

I consider crafting something where the singular product/item requires multiple parts.

Do you say someone crafted a house? No, you say they built the house.

If someone makes a muzzleloader from scratch do you call them a builder? No, they're a craftsman.

Does someone craft cement? Or cobblestone? Or wooden/metal frames?

Building =/= Crafting

Personally, I think once you've reached max level of a specific weapon, you should be allowed to craft T6 of that weapon. The recipe should require a lot of ingredients,  but there should be a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. Perhaps requires a T5 and 100 parts, I just made that up to illustrate

In my experience, in order to max out the skill so early you need to sacrifice a lot of skill points that could've gone to immediately more useful stuff, not to mention the weapon class you want don't always appear in a crate. The gate of level IMO is enough

On 7/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, guardianangelmp said:

Eh, tomato tamato.

I consider the base portion building/designing.

I consider crafting something where the singular product/item requires multiple parts.

Do you say someone crafted a house? No, you say they built the house.

If someone makes a muzzleloader from scratch do you call them a builder? No, they're a craftsman.

Does someone craft cement? Or cobblestone? Or wooden/metal frames?

Building =/= Crafting

As you said, that is noting more than an argument of semantics.  

It still stands that crafting is not the primary source of your gear.  It sounds like you would prefer that it is.  Unfortunately for what you are looking for it appears that TFP are not keen on that idea.  I am not particularly married to either idea tbh but I do think that the way it is now is slightly superior considering that looting is already a pretty much pointless endeavor late game anyway.  I am on day 70 of my current play through and I carry a crafted shotgun and 2 crafted auto turrets and my chest plate is a looted tier 5.  Everything else is tier 6 so there are not really any gaps in my gear to make looting meaningful.  I would like a tier 6 auger but hell, I don't really need to mine anymore by this time anyway.  About time to retire that play through but the horde night is still pretty trivial.  Was hoping that it would have scaled to be more challenging by this point.

Also of note, most of my attachments were crafted as well so crafting still does play a rather large role in attachments.

Archived