Jump to content
SuperNinja55

Unable to launch A13.8 Missing 7dLauncher.exe

Recommended Posts

Alright so I was wanting to go back to A13 for nostalgia's sake, but I'm unable to launch 7DTD after going to properties and changing to A13 in steam. I can load A18.4 and up but anything below A18.3 cannot be launched.
A message pops up when launching the game stating that
"An error occurred while updating 7 Days to Die (missing executable) :  C : \ Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7dLauncher.exe
I go to check the path that it says and sure enough it isn't there.
Does anyone have an idea on what to do? I've done everything I can but to no avail. 

Annotation 2020-07-07 224508.png

Annotation 2020-07-07 225512.png

there is no 7dLauncher.exe file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember... whether there was a launcher in A13 at all.

Why not create a shortcut and run it directly ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, n2n1 said:

I don't remember... whether there was a launcher in A13 at all.

Why not create a shortcut and run it directly ?

i'll try that out and come back to this thread to see if it worked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is related to changes that added a launcher and Steam not allowing multiple choices for launching based on version.
I normally just launch the executable manually.

 

Here is how to launch:

  1. After uninstall/install of the older version.
  2. Steam Client > Games Library
  3. Right-Click 7 Days To Die
  4. Select Properties and click
  5. Click Local Files Tab
  6. Click Browse Local Files
  7. Double-Click 7DaysToDie.exe

You may want to make a shortcut to the executable itself to make launching easier.
Alternatively, back up the 7dLauncher.exe before downgrading, then copy it to the install folder after changing to the older version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 12:44 AM, SylenThunder said:

This is related to changes that added a launcher and Steam not allowing multiple choices for launching based on version.
I normally just launch the executable manually.

 

Here is how to launch:

  1. After uninstall/install of the older version.
  2. Steam Client > Games Library
  3. Right-Click 7 Days To Die
  4. Select Properties and click
  5. Click Local Files Tab
  6. Click Browse Local Files
  7. Double-Click 7DaysToDie.exe

You may want to make a shortcut to the executable itself to make launching easier.
Alternatively, back up the 7dLauncher.exe before downgrading, then copy it to the install folder after changing to the older version

i don't have the launcher to start with though. i tried this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SuperNinja55 said:

i don't have the launcher to start with though. i tried this.

You would if you had a newer version installed that had the launcher. Install the current a18.4 copy the file, then revert. That's basically what the last line of the instructions imply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...