Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

9 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Whats a 'invisibleAnimalEnemy"' ?

It's exactly what it says. It's an invisible animal that is also counted as enemy. You wouldn't see it in game as it's invisible, but it also wouldn't attack you despite being counted as enemy, because it's not supposed to be a real entity, it's just a dummy entity, a filler used even by vanilla game that makes sure there won't be too many entities spawned in the world, because game keeps spawning them constantly and higher amount of invisible / dummy entities helps to reduce the amount of real ones.

2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

It's exactly what it says. It's an invisible animal that is also counted as enemy. You wouldn't see it in game as it's invisible, but it also wouldn't attack you despite being counted as enemy, because it's not supposed to be a real entity, it's just a dummy entity, a filler used even by vanilla game that makes sure there won't be too many entities spawned in the world, because game keeps spawning them constantly and higher amount of invisible / dummy entities helps to reduce the amount of real ones.

Telling me the game can not simply count the entities that are spawned - say 20 zombies, 10 animals counted alive - then STOP spawning. :confused2:

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Telling me the game can not simply count the entities that are spawned - say 20 zombies, 10 animals counted alive - then STOP spawning. :confused2:

Um, I didn't say that. Please take that information with a grain of salt. This is just my opinion based on my observations throughout my modding experience.

General spawning is controlled through spawning.xml, but its functionality is pretty limited when it comes to controlling the amount of spawned entities, so from the modder's perspective, using these invisible animals is maybe not ideal, but at least it's useful, since we can't really work with the complex math inside xml, the actual math is done in the game code. I mean, maybe there is a way, but I don't think it's exposed to xml yet and maybe it never will be, so this is the best we can get, at least for now.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Whats a 'invisibleAnimalEnemy"' ?

It's a method TFP use to lower animal spawns without extra actual code. What it does is spawn an entity that is invisible, which dies on spawn. So it still spawns an entity there, but it instantly dies and is invisible, so you dont see it. Without this line of code, you'd see way more animals than you do in game now. Very useful for lowering total amounts of a certain type of entity without requiring reworking the entire spawning system. Just spawn a dead one in that's invisible to take a place of an alive one.

An invis entity spawns with "buffDummyEntitySuicide" which adds -1000 health on start.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Telric said:

An invis entity spawns with "buffDummyEntitySuicide" which adds -1000 health on start.

Thanks, I guess this explains why my attempt at custom entity based on invisible animal failed to deliver what I expected lol, oh well we learn something new every day.

5 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Thanks, I guess this explains why my attempt at custom entity based on invisible animal failed to deliver what I expected lol, oh well we learn something new every day.

Lol.. its useful for some things, but not a custom entity. 😛

love the horse mod and wife loves you for it should have been added to the game years ago TFP have problems doing the saddle part but it may be a problem with one of my other mods thru DF or something ty Telric ya rock hope one day they can add these and make so the legs dont move all the time lol 

1 hour ago, Bluman said:

love the horse mod and wife loves you for it should have been added to the game years ago TFP have problems doing the saddle part but it may be a problem with one of my other mods thru DF or something ty Telric ya rock hope one day they can add these and make so the legs dont move all the time lol 

Ty glad you guys are enjoying it. i'm actually in the process of making a 2nd version that includes a POI where you'll go to earn your horse, instead of feeding a wild one.. It'll be a separate download so those who want to just feed a horse can. Still early going, but chunking away at it.. The saddle problem stems from UseOther not operating correctly all the time. Mostly in servers.. It's a known issue that i think is fixed in a20.. Pretty sure i read that somewhere. As for the legs.... Maybe. I'm not the best at unity stuff, so maybe when one of the expert vehicle guys figure out a way and share it with me i can redo them. 😛

Here's a sneaky peak at what i'm workin on.. This will be the new horse mod i release, but the old one will still be available for those who don't want the new stuff. Still a lot to do on it, but i'm workin on it atleast a little every day. :)

Spoilers incoming!

Spoiler

Spoiler Video
This is a fairly large POI that will have a few NPCs within. You're able to take new quests from them. This will completely redo the way you gain a horse. You'll do some specific quests to be able to have one yourself, and then you're able to upgrade the horse by completing the time trial in the video. Still lots to do, but its gettin there slowly.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Telric said:

The best way.. Old school exploring. :) Never fails! Find the POI yourself! lol

Yeah, but where's immersion? Ok, let's get our imagination on a little trip, ok? I want this place to be run by an NPC who's a friend of a different NPC who will tell me about that place and send me there to tell / do something for his friend who's the owner and possibly get a horse there while at it. Do I want so much? This would be possible if vanilla game allowed us to send the player to a specific POI! We already have a way to send them to a random POI, so why not a specific POI as well?

21 minutes ago, Edward01 said:

Zombie Health Bars is not working my server is A19 and even I set it single modlet but it didnt work

How do you mean not working? Giving errors? Or just not showing up? If errors, be sure everyone has the mod downloaded on the server. If its not showing up, make sure the mod is being loaded in the console on start up, then check your player to see if you have the telricshealthbarsplayer buff (using F3 and checking the PLY button on the top left. It will display your buffs on the top right.)

2 hours ago, Telric said:

How do you mean not working? Giving errors? Or just not showing up? If errors, be sure everyone has the mod downloaded on the server. If its not showing up, make sure the mod is being loaded in the console on start up, then check your player to see if you have the telricshealthbarsplayer buff (using F3 and checking the PLY button on the top left. It will display your buffs on the top right.)

I checked as you described but there wasnt any buff icon on the topright. I put the zip file container as Telrics Health Bars 2.0A19 folder into the server's mod folder during startup I dont see any error messages but I dont see any textline about Telrics Health Bars either 

10 hours ago, Edward01 said:

and I removed and restard 3-4 times later it wrote "2020-09-06T04:52:08 105.257 ERR Buff Class not found for 'telricshealthbarplayer'" on the launcher that game is really weird 😕

Are you unzipping the file that you download? You drag the folder within the zip file into the Mods folder of the server / client. Take a screenshot of what you have so far. The mod works fine on a server, I have it running on my server just fine.

1 hour ago, Telric said:

All of my modlets add some new unity files or icons, so both the server and the client need to install them.

I cant do that I'm acting like a new player to the server scenario. it seems better to remove this modlet on my server thanks for your help.

13 minutes ago, Edward01 said:

I cant do that I'm acting like a new player to the server scenario. it seems better to remove this modlet on my server thanks for your help.

NP. If you ever want to try again later, i've taken a screenshot of the layout needed.

Right click 7 days to die in your steam library, hit properties, then click the tab titled "Local Files". Click on Browse Game Files. This will open up the folder in the center of the screenshot. If you do not have a Mods folder, create one. Be sure to capitalize the M. Once that's done, open the Mods folder and drag the unzipped file from the download into the Mods folder. Boom, you're done.

Mod Folder Layout Picture

For the server, it's the exact same thing. Just depends on how your server provider gets to the files... The screenshot i took was through an FTP server.

8 minutes ago, Edward01 said:

btw do you have any idea on embedding image on xml? I want to change the server join infowindow and esc menu rules windows to jpg screens? how can I embed an image on xml file ?

I dont know yet. I havent been able to dig into that part. Got too many projects going on already.