Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

6 hours ago, Cadamier said:

I know its probably: HorseSpeakSound

But which parameter?  MaxRepeatRate?  What's the limits since it's 0.1 now?  Change to 0.00001?

You can change the maxrepeaterate to a much higher number (it's in seconds). So value=10 would be 10 seconds between when its possible for the sound to play again.

Version 2.0 is getting nearer to being complete.. ill be sure to increase the rate in the next version.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Telric said:

You can change the maxrepeaterate to a much higher number (it's in seconds). So value=10 would be 10 seconds between when its possible for the sound to play again.

Version 2.0 is getting nearer to being complete.. ill be sure to increase the rate in the next version.

Hail Telric!  Okay! I'll try that and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

@Telric, I finally tried Vincent yesterday and it's awesome! Do you have any plans for expanding the mod? If so, I would have couple of suggestions if you're open to suggestions, that is. :encouragement:

Yeah always up for suggestions. Vincent was kinda just a test to see how people would like it. The only problem is it dont work on servers... but i might find a way sometime. Right now it uses straight buffs but i might can do something with a single buff and cvars that change it. Ill have to look into it after my horse mod is complete.

2 hours ago, Telric said:

Yeah always up for suggestions. Vincent was kinda just a test to see how people would like it. The only problem is it dont work on servers... but i might find a way sometime. Right now it uses straight buffs but i might can do something with a single buff and cvars that change it. Ill have to look into it after my horse mod is complete.

Well, it is a very cool concept and perhaps it could become a foundation for a set of NPC helpers!

I was thinking maybe Vincent could also gather other resources like iron, lead, coal, nitrate, etc. Also, it would be cool if we could pick him up and place elsewhere - I was surprised that it was not possible. I placed him right behind the base and now it seems like I won't be able to build in that area unless he dies, which I wouldn't really like either, since that would mean I will lose the coins I invested into him.

Another idea that I had was a farmer based on Vincent. Perhaps you could hire a guy to take care of your garden too! Give him gardening tools, farm plots, water, seeds and he will keep the base supplied on food! :)

Another NPC helper could be a crafter! Give him schematics, tools and materials and he will craft those items for you AND maybe he could get better over time, so the more he would study the schematics, the higher quality his crafted items would be! Something like what we used to have back in Alpha 16.4 Starvation mod. ;)

I would very much like to do all that and more. The issue with it not working on a server (yet?) as well as vincent reverting to no buffs if you leave the chunk make it less appealing for me to do till i figure that part out. Would be nice to give an npc something to do while you go off and do your own thing, instead of needing to stay at the base.

21 hours ago, Telric said:

I would very much like to do all that and more. The issue with it not working on a server (yet?) as well as vincent reverting to no buffs if you leave the chunk make it less appealing for me to do till i figure that part out. Would be nice to give an npc something to do while you go off and do your own thing, instead of needing to stay at the base.

How about invisible buffs on the player - owner of the NPC, that would re-buff the NPC once you go to him again? It wouldn't solve "do something while I'm gone" issue, but it would probably solve the problem that the NPC loses the buffs while you're gone?

And perhaps the same trick could be used to re-calculate the status of the job you gave your NPC, like while you're gone, you have a buff which remembers that you gave a task to your NPC, time is ticking (perhaps with help of cvars) and when you go back to your NPC, it will check whether or not he worked on the job long enough (check and compare the cvar value) and if he worked long enough, the job will be set to finished and he will just give you the items he gathered. Just an idea, I don't really have enough experience with buffs and cvars yet.

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

How about invisible buffs on the player - owner of the NPC, that would re-buff the NPC once you go to him again? It wouldn't solve "do something while I'm gone" issue, but it would probably solve the problem that the NPC loses the buffs while you're gone?

And perhaps the same trick could be used to re-calculate the status of the job you gave your NPC, like while you're gone, you have a buff which remembers that you gave a task to your NPC, time is ticking (perhaps with help of cvars) and when you go back to your NPC, it will check whether or not he worked on the job long enough (check and compare the cvar value) and if he worked long enough, the job will be set to finished and he will just give you the items he gathered. Just an idea, I don't really have enough experience with buffs and cvars yet.

I'll definitly look into cvars. that might help the server side issue. I'll revisit and completely rework the buffs to see what i can come up with... If there's an interest of course.

25 minutes ago, Telric said:

I'll definitly look into cvars. that might help the server side issue. I'll revisit and completely rework the buffs to see what i can come up with... If there's an interest of course.

I'm always interested in mods that add interesting new and innovative features to the game!

47 minutes ago, Telric said:

Just put up a new modlet for some iron gates. It's located in the new Block Modlets category. Just a quick mod that was made for a friend that I'm putting up here as well.

Pretty gates. A thing like that should have been in a base game.

43 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Lol, oh well you know, weird stuff is nice and all, but it's a survival game, you can only go so far until it gets funny instead of scary lol

Yeah i think i crossed that line with the pokemod.... 😛

6 hours ago, CrypticGirl said:

Thanks again for updating!  It looks like some things have changed.  For instance, can you not return your Pokemon to their Pokeballs anymore (outside of when they're defeated)?  When they wander off and you never see them again, are they really yours?

I did some testing before releasing and spawned esch pokemon by using thr balls. They all worked fine and i was able to return esch of them. Make sure you marked them on a team using thr pokedex on yourself, then right clicking your spawned pokemon.

31 minutes ago, Telric said:

I did some testing before releasing and spawned esch pokemon by using thr balls. They all worked fine and i was able to return esch of them. Make sure you marked them on a team using thr pokedex on yourself, then right clicking your spawned pokemon.

Okay, I did get it to work.  It's just a very tricky hitbox. XD

1 hour ago, CrypticGirl said:

Okay, I did get it to work.  It's just a very tricky hitbox. XD

Awesome.. some of the pokemon can be hard to hit.. They all use a scaled down or up vanilla entity as the hitbox, so there could be some gaps where you can't hit them well. I tried my best to get them lined up well, but its soooo fiddly sometimes.. One day I'll lean the creaturepacks way of doing things, but idk... I dont wanna learn anything right now 😛

Which pokemon was giving you trouble? I might can look into that one later today when I'm home.

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)