Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

6 hours ago, newbie said:

Hello Telric

Just bought the game so excuse very basic question.  I am running version 18.4 of the game (via Steam). Can I still use your HealthBar modlet with this version, is your mod backward compatible, or is there a separate version for prior versions.

Thanks in advance 

Hey welcome to the game! As a general rule, dont expect mods to be backwards compatible, or even forwards compatible. Atleast not till the game is fully released. As for the health bars mod, it should work for a18 as well. I didnt need to do anything for it to work in a19. But for the most part, other mods will not work between alphas, including the others in my mods.

Hey all, I just put up two new melee weapon mods. Pretty simple, but careful with installing. Depending on load orders of your other modlets, it could switch items that already exist in your inventory.  Just the nature of item mods unfortunately. Mods are loaded in ABC order.

4 hours ago, FreakUK said:

Dude... There's something wrong with your brain lol

But thanks - more variety in enemy types is always a good thing!

I've been told that plenty of times... hehe. Shoulda seen guppys discord when i was just starting pokemod and the pirate mod i was working on (it fell through for now...)

Perfect time to put out a new POI modlet since we just got a new experimental. Check out the new Survivor House A modlet (in the Events Modlets section). It adds a new POI to explore with an additional quest chain. Nothing super fancy like the old Magisters Mansion prefab, but just a little change of pace.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

5 hours ago, chikorina said:

Here's the survivor house localization with JP in it😃  I smashed the sitting Xavier and the laying down Xavier, so I ended up with 2 Xaviers in my bag😂  Maybe only being able to harvest it from Localization.txtthe laying down one might be better. 

Good catch. Just forgot to delete the harvest from the first block when i copied over. I'll fix it and add your translations in after work! Ty chiko!

On 8/5/2020 at 7:25 AM, Telric said:

Good catch. Just forgot to delete the harvest from the first block when i copied over. I'll fix it and add your translations in after work! Ty chiko!

Question: If I say, wanted to add this Safe House you made to NitroGen, any one of the lists, what would I put after it? Example...

xvanilla_cabin_10,RESIDENTIALOLD,2,-6,27,13,52,alone;mountain

In the above code, its a prefab in CompoPack 43.  I understand the first part "xvanilla_cabin_10" would be the name of the prefab and RESIDENTALOLD would be what kind of prefab it is.  I have no idea what the numbers are.  And the end are more arguments for placement, alone and in mountain biomes. But what are those numbers all about?  Prefab size?  x,y,z + how deep/tall? How man total of that specific prefab in the entire map?

Any pointers?

Edited by Coragin21 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, beware14 said:

How to make a golf club and a guitar not with random characteristics? I have a modlet RNG be gone

I'd assume the same way you did the other weapons. It's just another club with different stats and skin.

Did some edits to a few modlets..

The guitar and golf club now can be crafted and use the pummel pete perk to determine level crafted.

Spiders in the spider mod will spawn more frequently, the spider web trap is cheaper to craft, and added a rare mob that is a great source for spider silk as well as a higher chance to drop the spider mount.

Also will add recommendations for how to use modlets. Example: The thumper mod sadly does not function very well on servers, so i'd recommend playing it in single player. Stuff like that.

Ive been enjoying the spider mod quite a bit. I had a feral military guy run through my spider traps at night, as he got to my door I saw the little spider on top of his helmet chomping away at his gooey zombie brain. I was going to bring up the cost of crafting them but I see someone already did. I was also wondering if they could be made repairable by spider silk? It also feels like the eggs you get from nest are a bit high. 4 at a time makes it seriously easy to just coast on bacon and eggs. It seems like 1 per would be better balanced? Especially now that things will be spawning more frequently (not sure if that includes nests). Other than that the only thing that feels off is the sound. I will hear a spider and have to search a very wide area to find the little guy. It feels like they just scream at full volume all the time in order for me to hear them that far away.

Thanks for your hard work!

1 hour ago, CynicalGamer said:

Ive been enjoying the spider mod quite a bit. I had a feral military guy run through my spider traps at night, as he got to my door I saw the little spider on top of his helmet chomping away at his gooey zombie brain. I was going to bring up the cost of crafting them but I see someone already did. I was also wondering if they could be made repairable by spider silk? It also feels like the eggs you get from nest are a bit high. 4 at a time makes it seriously easy to just coast on bacon and eggs. It seems like 1 per would be better balanced? Especially now that things will be spawning more frequently (not sure if that includes nests). Other than that the only thing that feels off is the sound. I will hear a spider and have to search a very wide area to find the little guy. It feels like they just scream at full volume all the time in order for me to hear them that far away.

Thanks for your hard work!

Lol the people on my server love the little spiders chewing faces off... For the eggs, i might can revise it. The only real testing i have available is the handful of friends on a server i run. We kinda like some things easy mode at times. Were struggling for eggs so i made the spider ones give some. The sound is kinda still in progress.. I need to find a variety of sounds for them and for other mods. So, i'm sure ill get around to it at some point. And lastly for the repairs, absolutely. Ill add that in next time I get a chance to mod. Hopefully tonight. What do you think about the health on them? Too low?

On 8/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Telric said:

Unfortunately i'm of no help with a nitrogen question. I've never used it. You might be able to ask in the nitrogen's post and get some pointers there.

Oops, Im sorry I was exhausted when I posted. I put it in the wrong thread lol.  Love your modlets by the way!

10 hours ago, Coragin21 said:

Oops, Im sorry I was exhausted when I posted. I put it in the wrong thread lol.  Love your modlets by the way!

Lol np. Hope you got it fixed. And ty for playin the mods! :D

10 hours ago, CynicalGamer said:

Yeah they die pretty easy. Either more health or they should deal more damage, or an effect (poison) in addition the their damage. Something to make them more of a challenge.

I might do something with the spiders, but i was talking about the traps still when i asked about the health lol

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)