Jump to content
Telric

Telrics A19 Modlets (New Mods Added: 10/11/2020)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Telric said:

Lol np. Hope you got it fixed. And ty for playin the mods! :D

 

I might do something with the spiders, but i was talking about the traps still when i asked about the health lol

Hehe, my bad. I'll check it out next time I play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updated spider mod to allow spider web traps to be repairable with spider silk and a stone axe, nailgun, or claw hammer as well as have more health. Lowered egg chance to 0,3 instead of the 4,8 count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spiders modlet will not load on my server, it appears to be looking for it in my local steamapps folder and not in the mods folder on my hosted server, where I put it.

error.bmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Udigom said:

The Spiders modlet will not load on my server, it appears to be looking for it in my local steamapps folder and not in the mods folder on my hosted server, where I put it.

error.bmp 3.06 MB · 1 download

Do you have it installed on client as well? Has to be on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Telric said:

Do you have it installed on client as well? Has to be on both sides.

Oh so you are saying that everyone who plays my server has to have it installed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Udigom said:

Oh so you are saying that everyone who plays my server has to have it installed?

 

Correct. any mod that adds new files that arent xml only will require all clients to have installed as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a quick edit to the horses mod to make apples despawn after a while so the world isnt full of apple blocks.

 

Also added a new modlet for a biplane and helicopter. Watch out for a plane or heli to fall out of the sky and crash, then go salvage it's parts to create your very own. Also includes an optional POI. If you want it to spawn, you'll need a new RWG. If you don't start a new POI, no worries. The mod works just fine without the POI. It's just for an extra option to get parts. This mod hasn't been highly tested for balance, so if anyone has input lemme know!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a quick change to remove biplane and helicopter recipes from loot. Was left in by mistake since the first iteration required learning the recipes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the helicopter and airplane mod will function correctly in a18?  I am considering trying that out, but have my server locked in alpha 18, and will not be going forward to a19.  

 

Thanks for the mods, Telric.  This is really good stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nikko said:

Does anyone know if the helicopter and airplane mod will function correctly in a18?  I am considering trying that out, but have my server locked in alpha 18, and will not be going forward to a19.  

 

Thanks for the mods, Telric.  This is really good stuff!

I dont see why it wouldnt work. I dont think there is anything that's a19 only in the mod. You might get some errors with the prefab part, but that can be deleted from the files.. delete the prefabs folder and then the rwgmixer xml from the configs folder. Lemme know if you try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Using your Spider Mod, just love spiders in my games.

 

Wondered if you have different coloured varieties ?, black ones for instance would be deadly at night as so hard to see and would make for some nightmare situations .haha.

 

(Update)

 

Not sure how extensive the spiders go, but it be cool to have jumping spiders that move like the spider zombies.

Different sized ones, some larger and those can be Boss like.

 

Is it possible to have the eggs done like those from Alien ?, the webs on them at the moment make them look a touch cartoon like. 

 

The sound (hissing) given off isn't spatial sound and when heard its like the spider is right next to you when its not. 

 

 

 

Thanks and good hunting.

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Telric said:

I dont see why it wouldnt work. I dont think there is anything that's a19 only in the mod. You might get some errors with the prefab part, but that can be deleted from the files.. delete the prefabs folder and then the rwgmixer xml from the configs folder. Lemme know if you try it out.

I'll let you know if I try it out and if I have any issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we are discussing the spider mod it seems like it would also be better to use the squishy meat sound when whacking at a nest instead of the hitting wood sound.

Everything else up to date has been really good. All the changes so far have improved it quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CynicalGamer said:

While we are discussing the spider mod it seems like it would also be better to use the squishy meat sound when whacking at a nest instead of the hitting wood sound.

Everything else up to date has been really good. All the changes so far have improved it quite a bit.

Thought i changed that.. must have uploaded the wrong one. Uploading a new one now that has that change in.

4 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Using your Spider Mod, just love spiders in my games.

 

Wondered if you have different coloured varieties ?, black ones for instance would be deadly at night as so hard to see and would make for some nightmare situations .haha.

 

(Update)

 

Not sure how extensive the spiders go, but it be cool to have jumping spiders that move like the spider zombies.

Different sized ones, some larger and those can be Boss like.

 

Is it possible to have the eggs done like those from Alien ?, the webs on them at the moment make them look a touch cartoon like. 

 

The sound (hissing) given off isn't spatial sound and when heard its like the spider is right next to you when its not. 

 

 

 

Thanks and good hunting.

I messed around with some color variations for different biomes, but just stuck with 1 color for simplicity. Might look into it again.. I can definitly add a jump to them like the spider zombies, so ill look into that as well. I'm not sure what you mean by the eggs like alien lol.. and the sound. still working on that. i wanna get a few more sound clips to alternate sounds, but between each different mod i have going on, buying new sound effects gets quite expensive... lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Telric said:

Thought i changed that.. must have uploaded the wrong one. Uploading a new one now that has that change in.

I messed around with some color variations for different biomes, but just stuck with 1 color for simplicity. Might look into it again.. I can definitly add a jump to them like the spider zombies, so ill look into that as well. I'm not sure what you mean by the eggs like alien lol.. and the sound. still working on that. i wanna get a few more sound clips to alternate sounds, but between each different mod i have going on, buying new sound effects gets quite expensive... lol

Excuse my imagination when it runs away with things its only excitement - haha -

 

My thinking is towards Horror so was wondering if your art style would ever sway towards as optional downloads maybe :

 

For the spiders..

2a9dc20acb363d2f5a6dc6e5ae583e85.jpg

9084fc5d0f12b837b17976bcd8fbc2f3.jpg

 

 

 

With regards the nest's and the eggs maybe something along the lines of..

518.jpg

Aliens-Eggs.png

tumblr-l5gpltx-RWy1qa1o5zo1-500.jpg

 

 

I respect your vision with your mod, but I cant not help but wonder if  a more horror element towards the beasts they would add so much more to the flavour of the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To some, unnaturally large spiders is enough of a horror :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Excuse my imagination when it runs away with things its only excitement - haha -

 

My thinking is towards Horror so was wondering if your art style would ever sway towards as optional downloads maybe :

 

For the spiders..

2a9dc20acb363d2f5a6dc6e5ae583e85.jpg

9084fc5d0f12b837b17976bcd8fbc2f3.jpg

 

 

 

With regards the nest's and the eggs maybe something along the lines of..

518.jpg

Aliens-Eggs.png

tumblr-l5gpltx-RWy1qa1o5zo1-500.jpg

 

 

I respect your vision with your mod, but I cant not help but wonder if  a more horror element towards the beasts they would add so much more to the flavour of the game.

 

I wish i could do models and textures like that, but i just dont have the artistic touch. the spider and most of the other models i have made are quite cartoony, but that's very much my limited style. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Telric said:

I wish i could do models and textures like that, but i just dont have the artistic touch. the spider and most of the other models i have made are quite cartoony, but that's very much my limited style. lol.

They are great, it’s just my excitement running away with things. Haha

 

What you done is fabulous and I am enjoying the spiders in game a lot. 

 

Spider nests and different moving types would be awesome if doable. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hallo Telrics. Ist es möglich, dass der Laich des Pferdes ein wenig reduziert werden kann? Die Spieler denken, dass es zu viel ist. Fleisch ist auch leicht zu finden, weil es zu viele Pferde auf der Speisekarte gibt. Danke vielmals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small error when sometimes one dies, it duplicates the death model by the side of the original model.

 

20200822181056-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sechsterversuch said:

 

Hallo Telrics. Ist es möglich, dass der Laich des Pferdes ein wenig reduziert werden kann? Die Spieler denken, dass es zu viel ist. Fleisch ist auch leicht zu finden, weil es zu viele Pferde auf der Speisekarte gibt. Danke vielmals

You can change it for your server. Just change the weights in entitygroups.xml. Change the ones for the horses from .5 to idk... .2 or .25 or so and see how you like it.

 

1 hour ago, Jay_ombie said:

Small error when sometimes one dies, it duplicates the death model by the side of the original model.

 

20200822181056-1.jpg

Is this on a server? Servers dont like buffs for some reason.. And what animation is that? The walking or the attacking animation (the one that's obviously not death... lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Telric said:

Is this on a server? Servers dont like buffs for some reason.. And what animation is that? The walking or the attacking animation (the one that's obviously not death... lol)

Just my computer, I play single-player.

 

That duplication happened when the spider died. The dead spider appeared by the side of it. Yet the original one as you can see remained.

 

It was attacking at the time, and it died to my AK.

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just added a new modlet that's a proof of concept. It's an NPC that can get wood and stone for you. Try it out and lemme know what you think of it. I wasn't able to test much due to it not working on a server so timers and amounts of resources gained might need tweaking.
Check it out. It's under the Entities Modlets and is called Telrics NPC: Vincent.

This is NOT a mod for servers. It will not work. Servers do not transfer the buffs to the entity / to you correctly. So, sadly.. Single player only for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Telric said:

I just added a new modlet that's a proof of concept. It's an NPC that can get wood and stone for you. Try it out and lemme know what you think of it. I wasn't able to test much due to it not working on a server so timers and amounts of resources gained might need tweaking.
Check it out. It's under the Entities Modlets and is called Telrics NPC: Vincent.

This is NOT a mod for servers. It will not work. Servers do not transfer the buffs to the entity / to you correctly. So, sadly.. Single player only for now.

Sounds like a cool mod indeed! But wait! What do you mean by server? A dedicated server? Or any kind of multiplayer game including non-dedicated game hosted on the player's computer? I mean if it works for single player that's not running on a dedicated server, why it wouldn't work when someone joins them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...