Telric

Telrics A19 Modlets (New Mods Added: 10/11/2020)

Posted (edited)

Welcome! This will be the main place I post about new modlets for alpha 19. If a mod is labeled as requires restart, it means you will need to either make a whole new RWG world, or just a new world with the RWG you have now.

I will also be posting in the thread title when new mods have been added. Mods will have the latest update in blue just below their names with a short description of what was updated and the date.

[---If you have any ideas you'd like me to try and create, leave a comment with it.

No promises, but I might be interested in trying some of them.---]

Note: As most of these modlets use buffs, some things may work or not work, or work completely differently when playing on a server. For some reason the game doesn't always trigger buffs correct when playing as the client on a server.

Event Modlets

[---These can include random events that spawn in the world, such as new quests or POIs---]

Telrics Thumper 2.0

This mod adds a new event. Seek out damaged Thumpers to wrench. Once you collect all the parts, craft a radio to contact Thumper Industries for a replacement. They will instruct you to go to a landing zone and defend the Thumper. Once it's defended, harvest with the wrench to collect your reward!

[--Does not Require Restart--]

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart. Simply place into Mods folder and play!

Tested and works with Alpha 19.2 b3

Recommended to be played single player due to not working properly on servers.

Picture1

Picture2

Picture3

Telrics Magisters Mansion

This mod adds a new Tier 3 POI to explore.  Follow Siera Nightstalker throughout the mansion and find out what happened within. Help her defeat the final boss, which will be quite a fight considering how powerful she is. If you played this POI in alpha 18, there has been a few changes to make it work in alpha 19. It's now a valid target for fetch and clear quests.    

[--Requires Restart--]

This is a modlet, however, it does require a new RWG seed to spawn the POI in through random gen. All you need to do is add this to the Mods folder and the xmls will do the rest. Also, this POI uses lootcontainer IDs 351 up to 360, so any other modlets that might touch those particular loot IDs will cause issues.

Recommended to be played single player or multiplayer, however the quest portion of this POI can only be completed by one person at a time since upgrade objectives are not shared with party yet.

Picture1

Picture2

Picture3

Picture4

Picture5

Telrics Survivor House A

This mod adds a new Tier 1 POI to explore. This POI was actually a house that I and a few friends built in a clean playthrough. I exported it and did a little redesign to make it a dungeon crawl and look closer to a vanilla style POI (i'm still very new to this aspect of prefabbing). There is an additional quest chain that can be gotten from the mailbox at this house. Find out a little information about the survivors from this house. This house can also be targeted for vanilla quests like fetch, clear all, and fetch/clear.

[--Requires Restart--]

This is a modlet, however, it does require a new RWG seed to spawn the POI in through random gen. All you need to do is add this to the Mods folder and the xmls will do the rest. Also, this POI uses a lootcontainer ID of 350, so any other modlets that might touch that particular loot ID will cause issues.

Recommended to be played single player or multiplayer, however the quest portion of this POI can only be completed by one person at a time since upgrade objectives are not shared with party yet.

Picture1

Picture2

Block Modlets

[---These can include edits to vanilla blocks or new decoration blocks.---]

Telrics Iron Gates

[--Updated: added a 2x2 size variation. 10/11/2020--]

A friend wanted me to do a gate model for him and his server, so here it is. The gates come in 6 sizes (5x3 4x3 4x2 3x2 3x1 2x1). They open and close with E like any other door and place towards you (unless you rotate).

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart. Simply place into Mods folder and play!

Recommended to be played single player or multiplayer. Works fine on servers as well.

Picture1

Telrics Iron Bar Doors

[--NEW 10/11/2020--]

The same friend wanted an iron bar door, so i made one of those as well. This one is only one size. a 2x2. It's a double door that opens outwards like the gates. These place towards you, unless you rotate.

Recommended to be played single player or multiplayer. Works fine on servers as well.

Picture1

Utility Modlets

[---These can include edits to vanilla files or add in new visual effects---]

Telrics Healthbars 2.0

Adds a custom healthbar that appears after an entity has been damaged. It will display based on tags, so if you're adding this to custom zombies, be sure to check the buffs.xml to see all the tags used.

Video1

Entity Modlets

[---These can include new entities that spawn, extra vehicles, or edit existing entities---]

Telrics Horses 2.0

[--Updated: Fixed unlock buff description - 10/3/2020--]

This mod does NOT work with TelricsHorsesA19.

This mod is a rework of the original horses modlet. It adds a new POI that is home to four new NPCs: Maybell, Leah, Vincent, and Abby. If you ever played the old Summerset Villa mod, these NPCs were in that too. Now they are all grown up. Maybell, the NPC that used to water crops in Summerset, has now become old while her daughter (the little girl that used to fly the kite) Leah has taken over that role. She and Vincent (the little boy who helped you get worms) are married now and have a child of their own which they named Abby.

Seek out this POI and gain some reputation with these wonderful people to one day get your very own horse. Complete quests for each NPC to get a +1 reputation. Once you gain certain amounts of reputation (right now it's at 25 and 50), you will unlock new items, quests, and even new minigames. Vincent will teach you how to care for a horse of your own once you've proven to them that you're friendly. This mod also allows you to upgrade your horse after completing the horse obstacle course, which unlocks at 50 reputation. A tier 2 horse has more speed and inventory space than a tier 1 horse.

[--Requires Restart--]

This is a modlet, but requires a world restart. Simply place into Mods folder and play after you generate a new RWG.

Video1

Picture1

Picture2

Picture3

Picture4

Picture5

Picture6

Telrics Horses

[--Updated: Added German Localization - 10/3/2020--]

This mod does NOT work with TelricsHorses2.0A19.

This mod adds horses to the game. They will spawn throughout the world as you explore. Apples will also start appearing on the ground, as well as being obtainable through chopping trees, at a low rate. Once you find an apple, craft a saddle for the color horse you want, find that horse in the wild, feed it, then quickly use the saddle on it to get your very own horse mount of that color.

Video1

Telrics Spiders

This mod adds some new spider enemies. They will spawn more at night. There is a chance a spider egg cluster will spawn too. This is a good source of eggs and spider silk, which is used to craft spider web traps. These traps slow and damage the enemy. Skinning spiders gives spider silk, and a very small chance to give you a mountable spider. Wild spiders will die after 5 minutes of being alive, to keep the population down and allow actual zombies the chance to spawn more often. A rare queen spider can also spawn and will give much more silk than regular spiders as well as a higher chance to drop the mount.

Picture1

Picture2

Telrics Pokemon

[--NEW 10/1/2020--]

This is a mod I did in a18. It has been updated due to some people wanting it. It should work the exact same, I had to do a few things with the entities and some unity stuff, but nothing with the core systems and buffs. You can see a detailed post about how things work here: Telrics Pokemod. This mod is a different build than the original mod, so if you're on alpha 18 still, you're able to download from the old link and still play there.

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart. Simply place into Mods folder and play! This mod does touch several lootcontainer IDs. 620, 621, 720 - 744, and 920 - 944.

Telrics Biplane and Helicopter

This mod adds a biplane and helicopter the player can acquire. These are craftable from level 1, but require parts for the vehicle you want and are crafted on a workbench. Biplane parts come from biplane crash sites, and heli parts from heli crash sites. These will spawn randomly while you are exploring any area. Use a wrench, ratchet, or impact driver to salvage the parts. You may also find parts in the optional POI. If you create a new RWG with this modlet, it will spawn the POI. If you don't, the mod is still playable just fine. This POI is targetable with all trader missions at all tiers. Biplane and helicopters are much more efficient on fuel use than vanilla vehicles. The biplane is really useful for getting across entire maps quickly, while the helicopter is slower, but allows up to 2 passengers to ride along and can hover.

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart, but if you want the included POI to spawn, you'll need a new RWG. The POI is not mandatory to have, though. The mod will work just fine without it.

Picture1

Picture2

Picture3

Telrics NPC: Vincent

This mod adds Vincent, a basic resource gatherer, to the game. This is a bit of a proof of concept mod, but works fine for single player only. In this mod, you hire an NPC named Vincent for some dukes. Once hired and placed, you can craft work order tools of a stone axe, stone sledge, iron pickaxe and axe, and a steel pickaxe and axe. These items can then be given to Vincent. You must be within the yellow circle under him for about a second before all buffs will kick in. This will make him start chopping the tree or mining the boulder. After a set time limit, depending on the tier of tool given, he will have completed the work order and have a pile of resources waiting to be collected. Stone tier will give 1000 stone or wood over 10 minutes. Iron tier will give 2500 over 8 minutes, and steel tier will give a full stack of 6k over just 5 minutes. When doing these work orders, you must stay within the same chunk as Vincent. If you leave that chunk, the game will reload the entity and you will lose the buffs triggered, as well as the tool and resources. So use your down time while at your base to have Vincent working for you.

Vincent will slowly 'starve' (the same as health) over time at a rate of 5 health per 25 seconds. When he is working, though, this will increase to 60 health per 25 seconds. You can craft him some custom bacon and eggs that will heal him for 40 every 2.5 seconds for one minute. At 20% health, he will display an icon indicating he is very hungry (for those of you who don't use a health bars mod). Zombies are also able to attack him, so keep an eye on him. If he dies, you have to rehire him. Placing a new Vincent will destroy any other Vincent in the area within about 40 blocks.

This mod ONLY works on Single Player. Servers do not transfer the buffs correctly, sadly... I'm looking for feedback on this mod, so let me know what you think.

Video1

Weapon Modlets

[---These can include new weapons or perks and progression that pertain to weapons---]

Telrics Golf Club

This mod adds a simple melee weapon, the golf club. It can be crafted, using pummel pete perks, and can be found in tier 1 melee loot.

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart, however, depending on load order, existing items in inventories may be switched with a different item. Use with caution!

Picture1

Telrics Guitar

This mod adds a simple melee weapon, the guitar. It can be crafted, using pummel pete perks,  and can be found in tier 1 melee loot.

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart, however, depending on load order, existing items in inventories may be switched with a different item. Use with caution!

Picture1

Telrics Stun Baton Perks

This mod adds five new books for the player to find in loot or purchase from a trader. These books will slowly make the stun baton more useful in more situations.

• Book 1: While at full charge, gain 15% movement speed.
  • Book 2: Using a charge makes nearby allies deal 30% extra damage for 2 seconds.
  • Book 3:  Causes your shocks to also ignite the enemy.
  • Book 4: You have a 20% chance to recharge your baton when you use a charge.
  • Book 5: Full charge attacks have an extra 5 meter reach.
  • Book Set Completion: Enemies hit with a full charge will spread shock and fire to all other enemies within 3 meters.

[--May Require Restart--]

This is a modlet and does not require a world restart, however, any mod that touches the progression system has a very high chance to corrupt the data and cause your character to drop back to level 1. You'll lose any perk points you've spent as well. So use with caution!

Picture1

Thank you for playing my mods! If you find any issues, let me know and I will try my best to fix it.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Telric said:

Welcome! This will be the main place I post about new modlets for alpha 19. If a mod is labeled as requires restart, it means you will need to either make a whole new RWG world, or just a new world with the RWG you have now.

Telrics Thumper 2.0

This mod adds a new event. Seek out damaged Thumpers to wrench. Once you collect all the parts, craft a radio to contact Thumper Industries for a replacement. They will instruct you to go to a landing zone and defend the Thumper. Once it's defended, harvest with the wrench to collect your reward!

This mod does not require a restart.

Tested and works with Alpha 19 b157.

Telrics Healthbars 2.0

Adds a custom healthbar that appears after an entity has been damaged. It will display based on tags, so if you're adding this to custom zombies, be sure to check the buffs.xml to see all the tags used.

This mod does not require a restart.

Tested and works with Alpha 19 b157.

Video1

Thank you for playing my mods! If you find any issues, let me know and I will try my best to fix it.

(Also, if you know how to make a table on the forums, I'd like to put this into a table format.)

Yeh me to lol. The new forum makes the tables harder lol. 

Yeah.. i wrote it all out in html, pasted it and it just showed the code... lol. Never done html, so very possible i messed it up somewhere...

1 hour ago, Telric said:

Yeah.. i wrote it all out in html, pasted it and it just showed the code... lol. Never done html, so very possible i messed it up somewhere...

Nah it was like that when it crossed over to the new forum but possibly we are missing something lol..

Thumpers will spawn without a restart. They are more rare than in a18, but they will spawn eventually.

Thanks for the quick response, I have been playing fast and loose with adding mods and knowing which ones require a restart is nice.

Lol i just happened to refresh the mods page and saw i had a response 😛 yeah, in my list up top i will mark which ones require a restart or not. So if you look at one and see "This mod requires a new RWG world" or similar, you need a whole new save and all. But for now, the two i have posted do not require restarts.

Very good job Thumper does not cause any problems on A19 anymore, which unfortunately was not the case with A18. the healtbars are also great. A commendation for your work. keep it up.

Even if you do a table (and you can), you can't edit it or delete it after, so it's not worth doing.  Glad you're still modding homie. 

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

Even if you do a table (and you can), you can't edit it or delete it after, so it's not worth doing.  Glad you're still modding homie. 

Well that's no good.. 😕 Yeah i'm still modding. Working on a little mod right now that Chiko said you might be interested in for your projects.

Cool, hit me up.  :)

Right now I'm just bringing in blocks. 

i dont know,  but somehow, if i make the  quest, i wont get any ressources? only if i spawn it via debug mode in. does the mod working?

You have to stay within the dome or you wont get the buff that allows you to harvest. If you're in god mode, you wont get the buff. Its also possible to complete the quest before the thumper is done, but as long as you stay within the dome, you'll get the buff.

Posted (edited)

Okay  i  was  just testing it, with godmode, just to see how the mod  works  but  he removes  the buff  then, okay  why i didn't  thought about it, lol  thanks!

what  are  your future  plans for this mod?  the idea  is pretty  cool!   love to see  more  content!

Edited by TheReaperME3 (see edit history)

Hey! I just added a new modlet for some horses. Try it out and let me know what you think. I had to water it down a bit from its original vision due to things not working properly in multiplayer. Figured multiplayer compatibility would be a bit more wanted than an interesting feeding system...

5 hours ago, Telric said:

Hey! I just added a new modlet for some horses. Try it out and let me know what you think. I had to water it down a bit from its original vision due to things not working properly in multiplayer. Figured multiplayer compatibility would be a bit more wanted than an interesting feeding system...

Nice to see this one out ....

Ragsy!!

Thanks Telric

Wonderful job,to ride a horse like at the fair, lol.

Ty! Its not the best, but it gets the point across well enough. lol.

Nice you got the horses out!  Here's the localization with JP in it.  I added localization for the wild horses too, so it would be easier to tell which saddle to use on which horse in JP.

Localization.txt

Awesome thanks Chiko! I included it in the modlet.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Telric said:

Does it cause issue with Thumper mod. I logged in and there where broken thumpers everywhere

Edited by NSHGaming (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

On 7/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, Telric said:

(Also, if you know how to make a table on the forums, I'd like to put this into a table format.)

table.PNG

Edited by EpicSpire (see edit history)

9 hours ago, NSHGaming said:

Does it cause issue with Thumper mod. I logged in and there where broken thumpers everywhere

That might have been my mistake. I fixed the errors that came up when they released the 169 update and uploaded the files I use for a server I run. Try redownloading again, i fixed it. Other than that, the horse spawns do not share anything with the thumper spawns.

oh hey! this thumper quest idea i kinda like! a defence objective... interesting... 

dont suppose the trader could give different tiers of these as quests could he? instruct ya to a location to do said event? tier 5's of these could have rads and cops n such attacking it. 

would try it but, the experimental build is already buggy. XD just browsing the forums for any zombie mods. need more verity in whats tryin to murder us! :D but this is a good find too! will keep a eye on it.