Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

7 hours ago, Telric said:

Just found out the original horses mod isn't working.. Apples aren't giving the horses the buff to use a saddle on. I'll have to check it out later when i get home.

It worked for me, but that was probably before the last update to the original version of the mod? If you need the files where it does work, let me know, I should still have them somewhere on my hdd. Or was it something that was changed in vanilla game? Honestly, I don't know. I haven't tried the original mod in A19.2.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

It worked for me, but that was probably before the last update to the original version of the mod? If you need the files where it does work, let me know, I should still have them somewhere on my hdd. Or was it something that was changed in vanilla game? Honestly, I don't know. I haven't tried the original mod in A19.2.

I'm not sure yet. Just got home but gotta go back out in a min to the store... I didnt change anything but the localization in the latest update so idk how it could have stopped working unless it was vanilla changes.. Ill have to test and see.

@Telric, also it's probably worth noting that I also noticed that screamers were spawning around the farm. Not sure why, but I placed a land claim inside the POI across the street, just to become their neighbour and have easier access to them and bam, soon enough first two screamers showed up at my doorstep. Well, actually there was a big ass hole in the wall, so they didn't really need to knock at the door first... Anyway! The space covered by land claim borders covered a part of the farm POI, so maybe that could be a hint of what happened there. If that's not it, then I would guess the farm is cursed lol

39 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

@Telric, also it's probably worth noting that I also noticed that screamers were spawning around the farm. Not sure why, but I placed a land claim inside the POI across the street, just to become their neighbour and have easier access to them and bam, soon enough first two screamers showed up at my doorstep. Well, actually there was a big ass hole in the wall, so they didn't really need to knock at the door first... Anyway! The space covered by land claim borders covered a part of the farm POI, so maybe that could be a hint of what happened there. If that's not it, then I would guess the farm is cursed lol

well the ranch does use a lot of sounds. all the check points and all that. they probably generate some heat. and if you have the music box on i'm not sure if it will give heat or not since its acutally connected to the block through unity. so each time you walk near an NPC and they greet you, it triggers a sound, which probably generates heat.

4 minutes ago, Telric said:

well the ranch does use a lot of sounds. all the check points and all that. they probably generate some heat. and if you have the music box on i'm not sure if it will give heat or not since its acutally connected to the block through unity. so each time you walk near an NPC and they greet you, it triggers a sound, which probably generates heat.

Well, I haven't visited the farm yet, just moved in you know. 😀

@Telric, I had an idea. I know both horses and Vincent mods are pretty complex already, but I was thinking if it would be worth trying to merge them into one. You clearly have Vincent in the farm, so maybe you could just find him on the farm and hire him from there to work for you, like getting stone, wood, iron, farming, etc.? That would be pretty cool. It would actually feel like the game is getting somewhere with the quests lol

9 hours ago, sechsterversuch said:

Hello Terics I took the liberty of saving the prefaps if you want them could I send them to you? All you have to do is create a new map and load the prefaps. You are protected and there is a trader inside

I appreciate it, but some of the quests wont work if the POI is considered a trader area. The dust bunnies quest and Abbys locket quest require you to break a certain block or blocks, which you won't be able to do if it's a trader area.

I've been doing the quests at the farm as well as some other quests from @ShoudenKalferas and I just realized that 1 week in game passed and I didn't really feel the need to rush through the game to beat the stone age. I'm still getting crappy things when I do some looting, but I don't care that much, because I'm more focused on these lovely and relaxing quests and overall I'm having fun. :)

hi, i got a small question regarding the Thumper mod... when i first installed the mod, i got like around 5 thumpers within 20 minutes, but after that none would spawn even after a few days have passed. what would the rate for crashed thumper spawns be like? is it normal to not get any thumper drops within 5-7 days?

41 minutes ago, YukikoMirai said:

hi, i got a small question regarding the Thumper mod... when i first installed the mod, i got like around 5 thumpers within 20 minutes, but after that none would spawn even after a few days have passed. what would the rate for crashed thumper spawns be like? is it normal to not get any thumper drops within 5-7 days?

Are you mostly staying at your base, or going far from the base to explore the world? It seems like the game doesn't spawn that many entities (besides wandering hordes of zombies) when you stay in one place. This basically gives you a chance to clear out the area of zombies, but has some side effects on non-zombie entities too, such as thumper. You should try to travel around the map and see if they start spawning again. Try to travel far from your base, but don't go too fast, because entities may take a while to spawn and if you travel at high speed, you may either miss them or they may not even spawn at all.

If that doesn't help, you could also try to reload the game and go back to exploration.

5 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Are you mostly staying at your base, or going far from the base to explore the world? It seems like the game doesn't spawn that many entities (besides wandering hordes of zombies) when you stay in one place. This basically gives you a chance to clear out the area of zombies, but has some side effects on non-zombie entities too, such as thumper. You should try to travel around the map and see if they start spawning again. Try to travel far from your base, but don't go too fast, because entities may take a while to spawn and if you travel at high speed, you may either miss them or they may not even spawn at all.

If that doesn't help, you could also try to reload the game and go back to exploration.

i do both and had both faster travel and slow travel happening. what kinda difference are we talking about? furthest i went was like 1.8 km but still the same biome. i tried to go for another biome, but sadly enough picked a direction that seemed to be the same biome all over the place.

regarding speeds, i went for walking with no/padded armor, walking with heavy armor and bicycle, none of that seemed to make a difference. i dont know if some may have spawned and the sound played out of range tho, because sometimes it was like i seen random stray zombies of that kind standing or walking around. could also have been some strays from when i was not ready to deal with them yet tho

Reloading/restarting didnt help, tweaking the spawning.xml by increasing the max count by one spawned atleast one more before that also ceased to work.

Edited by YukikoMirai (see edit history)

@YukikoMirai what controls the rarity of a spawn is in entitygroups.xml. If you want more thumpers to spawn, remove some of the

<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="4"/>

In spawning.xml, the max count is how many within this group can be spawned, i think within a chunk. The respawn delay is in days, so in this case it takes 2 days before more can respawn in that area. What probably happened is, since thumpers are quite rare, you just got a lot of invisibleanimal spawns instead of an actual thumper each time which is possible. Changing the entitygroups.xml and removing a few of the invisible animal spawns will make more thumpers spawn.

Just now, Telric said:

@YukikoMirai what controls the rarity of a spawn is in entitygroups.xml. If you want more thumpers to spawn, remove some of the

<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="4"/>

In spawning.xml, the max count is how many within this group can be spawned, i think within a chunk. The respawn delay is in days, so in this case it takes 2 days before more can respawn in that area. What probably happened is, since thumpers are quite rare, you just got a lot of invisibleanimal spawns instead of an actual thumper each time which is possible. Changing the entitygroups.xml and removing a few of the invisible animal spawns will make more thumpers spawn.

i can try and give that a shot later, thanks for the response tho.

9 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I've been doing the quests at the farm as well as some other quests from @ShoudenKalferas and I just realized that 1 week in game passed and I didn't really feel the need to rush through the game to beat the stone age. I'm still getting crappy things when I do some looting, but I don't care that much, because I'm more focused on these lovely and relaxing quests and overall I'm having fun. :)

I actually just started a very large project that'll include a ton of questing.. Ill be MIA from the modding scene a while, but I'm doing a custom world with a custom quest line and all.. Itll take a long time... I'm gonna implement most of my existing mods into this new custom world.  If i end up needing help with something and you're down, i'd gladly invite you to the server (once its up) for some POI or quest work or something. I just started last night building the terrain. Hopefully today I'll start getting a few buildings down. Just about everything will be custom made, so itll take a while. Only vanilla things will be some of the items and the player model.. And blocks / deco...

4 minutes ago, YukikoMirai said:

i can try and give that a shot later, thanks for the response tho.

This sounded hostile.. so i changed it a bit. lol...  Here, i took out some of the animal spawns in this.. just replace what's in my modlet's files and test it out.

entitygroups.xml

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Telric said:

I actually just started a very large project that'll include a ton of questing.. Ill be MIA from the modding scene a while, but I'm doing a custom world with a custom quest line and all.. Itll take a long time... I'm gonna implement most of my existing mods into this new custom world.  If i end up needing help with something and you're down, i'd gladly invite you to the server (once its up) for some POI or quest work or something. I just started last night building the terrain. Hopefully today I'll start getting a few buildings down. Just about everything will be custom made, so itll take a while. Only vanilla things will be some of the items and the player model.. And blocks / deco...

A large project you say? The way you described it, it sounds more like a gigantic overhaul or total conversion kind of project lol. As for help with this project, well your modding experience and knowledge is clearly MANY levels higher than mine - while you're building spaceships, I was just happy that I managed to build my first wooden wheel LOL, so I'm not sure how could I help you, but I do admire your skills and I love to play your mods, so I will try to help with whatever I could help with in my spare time.

I like an idea of a custom world with quests tailored around it and such, but at the same time I must admit that I like modularity of your current smaller projects that allows me to re-use them simply by installing them along with my other favorite mods in any random world. I would love to be able to still re-use your mods in combination with any map and other mods installed, so assuming this big project will contain some new mods that were not yet released, will we be still able to re-use them all in a separate customized gameplays? You know, like "throw this whole custom story line into any random world along with your other favorite mods and it works out of the box" kind of experience? That would be awesome.

1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

A large project you say? The way you described it, it sounds more like a gigantic overhaul or total conversion kind of project lol. As for help with this project, well your modding experience and knowledge is clearly MANY levels higher than mine - while you're building spaceships, I was just happy that I managed to build my first wooden wheel LOL, so I'm not sure how could I help you, but I do admire your skills and I love to play your mods, so I will try to help with whatever I could help with in my spare time.

I like an idea of a custom world with quests tailored around it and such, but at the same time I must admit that I like modularity of your current smaller projects that allows me to re-use them simply by installing them along with my other favorite mods in any random world. I would love to be able to still re-use your mods in combination with any map and other mods installed, so assuming this big project will contain some new mods that were not yet released, will we be still able to re-use them all in a separate customized gameplays? You know, like "throw this whole custom story line into any random world along with your other favorite mods and it works out of the box" kind of experience? That would be awesome.

As of right now i have no new modlet in the works. Been focused on my skateboarding lately lol.. This new project would be a total overhaul and would only work with a custom world. I've always wanted to do a very large scale story line mod... I had one going in 17 or 18.. It was all pirate themed. But i got burnt out on it.. I'm going to take the basic structure of that mod and transform it into something new.. It might include some pirate stuff from the old mod as well. We shall see!

12 minutes ago, Telric said:

As of right now i have no new modlet in the works. Been focused on my skateboarding lately lol.. This new project would be a total overhaul and would only work with a custom world. I've always wanted to do a very large scale story line mod... I had one going in 17 or 18.. It was all pirate themed. But i got burnt out on it.. I'm going to take the basic structure of that mod and transform it into something new.. It might include some pirate stuff from the old mod as well. We shall see!

So, it WILL be a "Feels like a whole new game ~madmole" kind of mod... lol

Oh well, you know I love your mods, but I do have this particular feeling that I have about every overhaul - so much cool, BUT sadly not re-usable content. I know it will be most likely very fun on its own though, after all you can always turn it into what you really want it to be, but still I wish it was possible to use some cool parts of it in customized gameplays. Well... Will we be at least able to play with DMT NPCs that allow you to hire NPCs as followers (and thanks to Sphereii's core give you some advanced questing features beyond vanilla features) ?

42 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

So, it WILL be a "Feels like a whole new game ~madmole" kind of mod... lol

Oh well, you know I love your mods, but I do have this particular feeling that I have about every overhaul - so much cool, BUT sadly not re-usable content. I know it will be most likely very fun on its own though, after all you can always turn it into what you really want it to be, but still I wish it was possible to use some cool parts of it in customized gameplays. Well... Will we be at least able to play with DMT NPCs that allow you to hire NPCs as followers (and thanks to Sphereii's core give you some advanced questing features beyond vanilla features) ?

It will feel like a whole new game since vanilla is all about looting places to get your gear. This will be more like an MMO where questing and NPC reputation, etc will take over as being the focus. And no, i don't use code stuffs in my mods. I stick to pure xml and unity stuffs.

26 minutes ago, Telric said:

It will feel like a whole new game since vanilla is all about looting places to get your gear. This will be more like an MMO where questing and NPC reputation, etc will take over as being the focus. And no, i don't use code stuffs in my mods. I stick to pure xml and unity stuffs.

Vanilla doesn't allow followers, I was hoping it would be possible to throw that mod in to play it with followers. Perhaps it would be still possible somehow, not sure. It would probably depend on how much of vanilla content you would remove lol

8 hours ago, Telric said:

This sounded hostile.. so i changed it a bit. lol...  Here, i took out some of the animal spawns in this.. just replace what's in my modlet's files and test it out.

entitygroups.xml 592 B · 0 downloads

im sorry, i didnt mean to sound hostile. i tried and it works, kinda. i just noticed after some testing, that my main area is still pretty dead when it comes to the thumpers, i have to move to different areas that didnt have any thumper drops yet to get soem to drop. could it be that the invisibleAnimalEnemy entities are still around, crowding the area and thus blocking the spawns or something?

also again, i really do not mean to come over as hostile, rude or whatever. i deeply apologize if it ever comes over as such :(

Edited by YukikoMirai (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, YukikoMirai said:

im sorry, i didnt mean to sound hostile. i tried and it works, kinda. i just noticed after some testing, that my main area is still pretty dead when it comes to the thumpers, i have to move to different areas that didnt have any thumper drops yet to get soem to drop. could it be that the invisibleAnimalEnemy entities are still around, crowding the area and thus blocking the spawns or something?

also again, i really do not mean to come over as hostile, rude or whatever. i deeply apologize if it ever comes over as such :(

no no, it was my post that sounded hostile.. i said "it aint hard." and taht just came off as hostile to me... lol. so i changed it. it wasn't anything from you.

When you're in your main area, run a LE command in the console and see what comes up. Maybe run a killall as well, then see what happens. Could just be a clogging of entity spawns in the area.

5 minutes ago, Telric said:

no no, it was my post that sounded hostile.. i said "it aint hard." and taht just came off as hostile to me... lol. so i changed it. it wasn't anything from you.

When you're in your main area, run a LE command in the console and see what comes up. Maybe run a killall as well, then see what happens. Could just be a clogging of entity spawns in the area.

i didnt see you say "it aint hard" but okay, i thought i came over as rude or something. glad thats not the case

regarding the LE command, it only shows me and my bicycle, so that seems fine i guess? i havent tried killall yet, will do the next time, kind of have to struggle with a bloodmoon first before i face that entire matter again.

also initial confusion came over after trying out my first thumper... seems fun to play around with, but i kind of forgot or in the end thought about what was mentioned regarding the rewards... stepped out of the radius in the end after i noticed the thumper being done and everything, guess the quest is active until the thumper was salvaged. was kind of a "rip" situation for me at that moment. but hey i got some experience out of it, both ingame and knowledge wise xD

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)