Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

Just put out the horse mod 2.0.. This one adds a new POI for players to find and gain reputation with the NPCs there by completing quests. Unlock new quests and even some minigames by getting to certain reputation points! Play a game of Simon Says with the little child and complete a horse obstacle course to upgrade a horse of your choice to a tier 2 horse with more inventory space and more speed.

Don't forget to break the music box block to get some relaxing ranch music while you're near the POI.

17 minutes ago, Telric said:

Just put out the horse mod 2.0.. This one adds a new POI for players to find and gain reputation with the NPCs there by completing quests. Unlock new quests and even some minigames by getting to certain reputation points! Play a game of Simon Says with the little child and complete a horse obstacle course to upgrade a horse of your choice to a tier 2 horse with more inventory space and more speed.

Don't forget to break the music box block to get some relaxing ranch music while you're near the POI.

Yee-haw partner! Congrats on version 2.0! I will install it right away. I knew I will be saved from the day 7 horde on my current save tonight! :bounce:

But quick question though, the horses still spawn randomly in the world, right?

1 minute ago, mr.devolver said:

Yee-haw partner! Congrats on version 2.0! I will install it right away. I knew I will be saved from the day 7 horde on my current save tonight! :bounce:

But quick question though, the horses still spawn randomly in the world, right?

They spawn randomly yes, but you aren't able to tame them like the original version. They are mostly decoration / meat sources now. Might do something like i did with the spiders where you have a chance of getting a unique horse or something from skinning them or something... But for right now, just deco / meats.

2 minutes ago, Telric said:

They spawn randomly yes, but you aren't able to tame them like the original version. They are mostly decoration / meat sources now. Might do something like i did with the spiders where you have a chance of getting a unique horse or something from skinning them or something... But for right now, just deco / meats.

Cool, it's ok, yeah I was just wondering if they are still in the world, simply for immersion purposes. I mean, we already had all kinds of animals, so we might as well have some horses too. Now as for getting a horse, I was always a fan of the idea of getting it through quest. I simply love quests, can't help it and you're very good at delivering, so thank you very much! 💗

3 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Cool, it's ok, yeah I was just wondering if they are still in the world, simply for immersion purposes. I mean, we already had all kinds of animals, so we might as well have some horses too. Now as for getting a horse, I was always a fan of the idea of getting it through quest. I simply love quests, can't help it and you're very good at delivering, so thank you very much! 💗

Quests are definitly fun. Lots of creativity.. Though ill admit i got pretty burnt out when i got around to doing the quest to get the horse in this one.. So it's not quite as good as it could be. Plus having to keep in mind multiple players doing the quests and all.. All items have to replenish themselves and all..  One day we'll have buff triggers for completing quests.. That'll open a ton of opportunities up. Not just a requirement of having a certain buff, but an actual objective of getting a certain buff. Can't wait for that...

4 minutes ago, Telric said:

Quests are definitly fun. Lots of creativity.. Though ill admit i got pretty burnt out when i got around to doing the quest to get the horse in this one.. So it's not quite as good as it could be. Plus having to keep in mind multiple players doing the quests and all.. All items have to replenish themselves and all..  One day we'll have buff triggers for completing quests.. That'll open a ton of opportunities up. Not just a requirement of having a certain buff, but an actual objective of getting a certain buff. Can't wait for that...

Well, honestly I have no idea what are their plans on future quest features, but at the moment it feels so bare bones that I would take anything new I can get.

32 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Well, honestly I have no idea what are their plans on future quest features, but at the moment it feels so bare bones that I would take anything new I can get.

I'm just going off something that was posted in guppys discord a long while back where it showed all the code bits that werent hooked up yet. had lots of new objectives that aren't quite implemented yet.. hopefully all those are still coming.

Loving the new Iron Gates. They look incredible. I was wondering if there is a way to make powered versions? These things are just gonna look great with a nice stone wall. I was trying out the largest size (5x3 i think) and I noticed while they are easy to open from any point of the gate, once open the only way to close them is from the two main posts and it is a very small area. Kinda hard to interact with. In this game I can see situations where they'd need to be closed quickly!

On the spider mod I am using it along with my son. When I play single player I don't get any of the hearts, I actually didn't even know it was a thing till he hosted and started getting them. Not sure why i'm not, we are using the exact same mods.

Getting ready to try out the horse update. Thanks for all the work man, it's really added some depth to our games.

34 minutes ago, CynicalGamer said:

Loving the new Iron Gates. They look incredible. I was wondering if there is a way to make powered versions? These things are just gonna look great with a nice stone wall. I was trying out the largest size (5x3 i think) and I noticed while they are easy to open from any point of the gate, once open the only way to close them is from the two main posts and it is a very small area. Kinda hard to interact with. In this game I can see situations where they'd need to be closed quickly!

On the spider mod I am using it along with my son. When I play single player I don't get any of the hearts, I actually didn't even know it was a thing till he hosted and started getting them. Not sure why i'm not, we are using the exact same mods.

Getting ready to try out the horse update. Thanks for all the work man, it's really added some depth to our games.

I've never done a powered door before.. I might see if what i have now will work with just making it take electricity.. I actually had to use xyth's tutorial to do that gate lol. Never done an interactable door before. As for the hitboxes, yeah i think it has to do with multiblocks maybe? The xml hitbox is a 5x1x3 so you're able to interact within that area.. but in unity, i have 2 hitboxes that rotate with the doors that go outside of that area.. I have no idea how to get the xml to register it outside of the 5x1x3 area.. If anyone knows, i'd be down to change w/e to make it work...

As for the hearts, they are obtainable from skinning them with a butcher weapon. Such as knife or machete. Not sure why you'd not get them in SP unless the files werent exact, since that's an xml only thing. Be sure you both have the most recent update of the mod.. I only added them in the latest update.

Lemme know how you like the horses mod. I wasn't able to get too much testing in with balance, but i did lower the cost of stuff down quite a bit.. And thank YOU for playing my mods :)

35 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Oh! Speaking of hearts, Telric, I almost forgot, I wanted to ask you where do we get that queen's head for the mask?

From uh.... killing the spider queen of course. 😛 She's a rare spawn spider with a nameplate and 3x the size of a normal spider.. hard to miss. Skin her body after killing her and her head is yours! Make sure you use a butcher tool (knives, machetes)

3 minutes ago, Telric said:

From uh.... killing the spider queen of course. 😛 She's a rare spawn spider with a nameplate and 3x the size of a normal spider.. hard to miss. Skin her body after killing her and her head is yours! Make sure you use a butcher tool (knives, machetes)

Oh right, why didn't I think of her? I got couple of her sisters already, but none of them ever gave me their heads. Wait, that sounded wrong, didn't it? 🤔 But you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I will have to go hunt them now!😛

3 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Oh right, why didn't I think of her? I got couple of her sisters already, but none of them ever gave me their heads. Wait, that sounded wrong, didn't it? 🤔 But you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I will have to go hunt them now!😛

Lol stay away from the sisters heads.... lol.. Have you been skinning them with butcher?

2 minutes ago, Telric said:

Lol stay away from the sisters heads.... lol.. Have you been skinning them with butcher?

Yeah, I've been skinning them, mostly with bone shivs so far, but recently I got a machete, but then I couldn't find any of the queens. One was near my base, but I was too busy at that time and by the time I got there, she was already gone. I suspect that strange black horse that passed by had to warn her and tell her all about my evil master plan.

2 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Yeah, I've been skinning them, mostly with bone shivs so far, but recently I got a machete, but then I couldn't find any of the queens. One was near my base, but I was too busy at that time and by the time I got there, she was already gone. I suspect that strange black horse that passed by had to warn her and tell her all about my evil master plan.

Hmm.. weird cuz i just looked on the file from dropbox and it has this:

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceSpiderQueenHead" tag="butcherHarvest" count="1"/>

so it should be a 100% chance..

1 minute ago, Telric said:

Hmm.. weird cuz i just looked on the file from dropbox and it has this:imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceSpiderQueenHead" tag="butcherHarvest" count="1"/>

so it should be a 100% chance..

Did you update the mod at some point in time? Maybe I had an older version of it?

1 minute ago, Telric said:

Says was last edited 8/30/2020

Hmm, recently I had to generate couple of different worlds until it generated one that would give me all the extra POIs I wanted to be included, so I don't know. Perhaps I got her head in one of the previous saves and I simply overlooked it in the inventory. At this point I'm not quite sure and can't check either, because I have a habit of always deleting old saves.

Congratulations on the release of the new horse mod!  I got the JP localizations in and tested.

A little feedback :

The name key and description key for buffHorseRanchUnlockNotify isn't set, and when you hit a milestone, it's hard to find out what you do from there.  The questHorseRanchUnlockItem2 doesn't appear in the craft menu unless you do a search for it.
Also, is there something on the ranch raising the heat map?  I was getting a lot of screamers showing up around it. Maybe the burning barrels you're using isn't the poi version?

The dust bunnies were fun lol🐇

Localization.txt

7 hours ago, chikorina said:

Congratulations on the release of the new horse mod!  I got the JP localizations in and tested.

A little feedback :

The name key and description key for buffHorseRanchUnlockNotify isn't set, and when you hit a milestone, it's hard to find out what you do from there.  The questHorseRanchUnlockItem2 doesn't appear in the craft menu unless you do a search for it.
Also, is there something on the ranch raising the heat map?  I was getting a lot of screamers showing up around it. Maybe the burning barrels you're using isn't the poi version?

The dust bunnies were fun lol🐇

Localization.txt 47.36 kB · 0 downloads

Awesome, as always! Ill add the local later today. As for the screamers, all the light objects should be the POI versions.. Where were the screamers heading to when they were spawned? There are a lot of sounds that happen, so that might attract some. Running over the check points and all.

Ill fix those two buffs today also..

2 hours ago, Telric said:

Awesome, as always! Ill add the local later today. As for the screamers, all the light objects should be the POI versions.. Where were the screamers heading to when they were spawned? There are a lot of sounds that happen, so that might attract some. Running over the check points and all.

Ill fix those two buffs today also..

I haven't played yet, should I wait for the fix before starting a new world?

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I haven't played yet, should I wait for the fix before starting a new world?

nah those are just localization fixes. you just wont get a description when you get the unlock buff. itll all work fine though

1 hour ago, CynicalGamer said:

Sigh...I wasn't using a bladed weapon to harvest spiders, just stone axe. :)

Lol all good. Use a knife (even a bone one) and youll get the goodies.

Also, I just fixed the localization for the unlocks buff. Alsox2, @7daysLichti has translated the Original horse mod into German. Download again if you want German translation!

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)