Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

7 minutes ago, YukikoMirai said:

i didnt see you say "it aint hard" but okay, i thought i came over as rude or something. glad thats not the case

regarding the LE command, it only shows me and my bicycle, so that seems fine i guess? i havent tried killall yet, will do the next time, kind of have to struggle with a bloodmoon first before i face that entire matter again.

also initial confusion came over after trying out my first thumper... seems fun to play around with, but i kind of forgot or in the end thought about what was mentioned regarding the rewards... stepped out of the radius in the end after i noticed the thumper being done and everything, guess the quest is active until the thumper was salvaged. was kind of a "rip" situation for me at that moment. but hey i got some experience out of it, both ingame and knowledge wise xD

yeah i editted it. seems you dont have any entities at all spawning in that area somehow then.. maybe after BM itll trip the spawner or something.. as for the thumper, the quest is what causes the waves of zombies. staying within the dome will make it so after the thumper is done excavating, you'll get the buff that is sent out through AOE (this is known not to work on a server though...). the buff you get will determine how much thumplurite resource you will be able to harvest from the finished thumper. it's basically a multiplier buff. the final piece of the quest is to obtain an item that's harvested from the thumper as well.

the thumper is kinda patchwork since there really isn't a simple system in vanilla to do all i wanted to do.. so some issues are to be expected sadly 😕

2 hours ago, Croggon said:

Loving the gate mod!

After a quick search, I have not seen anyone ask for a 2x2 version. I have no idea how much effort that would require, but you said we could ask. :D

Thanks for all the work you do!

Thanks for playing the mods! Ill add a 2x2 either late tonight or tomorrow. Out of town for today, but ill get to it for you. 

On 10/8/2020 at 9:11 PM, Telric said:

I appreciate it, but some of the quests wont work if the POI is considered a trader area. The dust bunnies quest and Abbys locket quest require you to break a certain block or blocks, which you won't be able to do if it's a trader area.

Okay, what if the quest is changed?

1 hour ago, sechsterversuch said:

Okay, what if the quest is changed?

I think the quest is fine as is. Personally I'm not that much worried about zombies destroying the farm. Vanilla random world generator spawned quite a few of them pretty close to each other in the area where I started my base. If one of the farms falls, I will be still able to go to the other one.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

@Telric, you probably wouldn't want to see what I did to the farm while attempting to get through that horse race. The farm looks like if it was badly hit by a tornado and yet it was just me on a horse LOL. Well, I tried... Looks like I wouldn't be a good horse rider. 😛

Lmao.. it does take some practice. I got fairly good at it when i was testing... at the start i was using wood instead of cobble and the ramps stood no chance..

10 hours ago, Telric said:

The blocks need to be broken to get the items, so you could change it to be a lootable block instead of breaking if you wanted.

I'll see if it is possible that the quest could be changed a bit. Maybe outside or something. If I manage somehow, I'll send you the private file. At the moment it looks like there is a trader in the poi who also protects the whole poi. Next to grandma

Alcink.gif

10 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I think the quest is fine as is. Personally I'm not that much worried about zombies destroying the farm. Vanilla random world generator spawned quite a few of them pretty close to each other in the area where I started my base. If one of the farms falls, I will be still able to go to the other one.

It depends on which mod you play. Problem is foreign players who play on your server could stay there on the blood night and zombies spawn. They'd break everyone. Maybe I can also rebuild a wall where steel blocks of 50,000 or more protect the area.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sechsterversuch said:

Hello Telrics the amulet you have to find, can you only find it on the farm or can it be on the whole map? it also seems to be very small and we searched the whole farm and found nothing. So the Locket Quest

It's in the farm somewhere. It is quite hard to spot, but it helps if you do the quest at night.

37 minutes ago, Telric said:

It's in the farm somewhere. It is quite hard to spot, but it helps if you do the quest at night.

I was frustrated when I was looking for it, BUT then I realized I could look it up in cheat menu - NOT TO CHEAT, just to see what does it look like, so that I would know what am I supposed to be looking for. It really helped me and then I found it in the farm the proper way. It wasn't easy, but it was fun and I was glad that I resisted and didn't cheat, because I do believe that the point of these quests is to have fun in the first place. Just be patient and pay attention to every detail, examine everything, you will eventually find it.

29 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I was frustrated when I was looking for it, BUT then I realized I could look it up in cheat menu - NOT TO CHEAT, just to see what does it look like, so that I would know what am I supposed to be looking for. It really helped me and then I found it in the farm the proper way. It wasn't easy, but it was fun and I was glad that I resisted and didn't cheat, because I do believe that the point of these quests is to have fun in the first place. Just be patient and pay attention to every detail, examine everything, you will eventually find it.

Yup exactly. None of the quests are absolutely required to be completed, so you don't need to lose sleep over it. I had to make it atleast a little tough lol..  I did add the particle effect that will hopefully catch your attention, which is pretty visible at night. Hopefully you wont cheat when i finish this mod up.. its a long way off, but its very quest heavy and RPG feeling. I have a bit done, but i'm reworking just about every aspect of vanilla.. so it will take me a while.

55 minutes ago, Telric said:

Yup exactly. None of the quests are absolutely required to be completed, so you don't need to lose sleep over it. I had to make it atleast a little tough lol..  I did add the particle effect that will hopefully catch your attention, which is pretty visible at night. Hopefully you wont cheat when i finish this mod up.. its a long way off, but its very quest heavy and RPG feeling. I have a bit done, but i'm reworking just about every aspect of vanilla.. so it will take me a while.

Yeah, I guess we are not really going anywhere in this craziness all over the world, so no need to rush, we will be here when it's done. :)

I will certainly avoid cheating. I know it required insane amount of work and effort to make it happen, so I want to enjoy every last bit of it properly. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Telrics my players are looking for the medallion, where can it be? As an admin, I searched everything myself, unfortunately I couldn't find it.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, mr.devolver said:

Can you tell where you found it

4 hours ago, sechsterversuch said:

Hello Telrics my players are looking for the medallion, where can it be? As an admin, I searched everything myself, unfortunately I couldn't find it.

Can you tell where you found it

Spoiler

The necklace will be in the little pond, when it spawns. It has a bit of a long timer, but once it spawns, it will also emit a green particle effect every few seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, chikorina said:

The quest should tell you that you upgrade the door with a stone axe, not break it down.

Oh gotcha, I didn't get a quest to start so that must be the problem.  I'll have to search around to loot it I guess.
Thanks!

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)