Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)

Telric

1 minute ago, mr.devolver said:

Sounds like a cool mod indeed! But wait! What do you mean by server? A dedicated server? Or any kind of multiplayer game including non-dedicated game hosted on the player's computer? I mean if it works for single player that's not running on a dedicated server, why it wouldn't work when someone joins them?

I only tested dedicated server. If you have a way to test a non dedi with a client or two, that'd be awesome to test out. I just know it doesnt transfer the buffs to Vincent when you use the tools on him on a server. I tried it on the server i run and instead of the 10 minutes of chopping buff, he got like.. a 3 second one. for no reason :(

1 minute ago, Telric said:

I only tested dedicated server. If you have a way to test a non dedi with a client or two, that'd be awesome to test out. I just know it doesnt transfer the buffs to Vincent when you use the tools on him on a server. I tried it on the server i run and instead of the 10 minutes of chopping buff, he got like.. a 3 second one. for no reason :(

That's an interesting problem. If you could perhaps make it more than 3 seconds by setting the values in your mod to any higher value to compensate the difference between what result do you expect and the actual result you're getting, then maybe you could simply create two different versions of the mod. One normal and the other one for dedicated servers and they would work similarly, just with different internal values.

2 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

That's an interesting problem. If you could perhaps make it more than 3 seconds by setting the values in your mod to any higher value to compensate the difference between what result do you expect and the actual result you're getting, then maybe you could simply create two different versions of the mod. One normal and the other one for dedicated servers and they would work similarly, just with different internal values.

Well the problem isnt the timer, it's just that many many buffs do not work on servers. AOE buffs, randomroll buffs, even vanilla buffs like the useother buffs. Until there is more love for the buff system on a server, there isnt much we can do with mods :( You have no idea how frustrating this mod was. lol.. Ran into many problems with it, then finally got it to work well on SP, put it on the server and instantly got depressed cuz it dont work. lol.

10 minutes ago, Telric said:

Well the problem isnt the timer, it's just that many many buffs do not work on servers. AOE buffs, randomroll buffs, even vanilla buffs like the useother buffs. Until there is more love for the buff system on a server, there isnt much we can do with mods :( You have no idea how frustrating this mod was. lol.. Ran into many problems with it, then finally got it to work well on SP, put it on the server and instantly got depressed cuz it dont work. lol.

I watched the video, you are very talented, like Snufkin. You two are on a much higher modding level than most of us lol, but I can understand what is it like to work on something for long hours and then it doesn't work as expected. I'm trying to create something new and unique too, but it looks like no matter which way I wanted to do it, I always ran into vanilla game limitations, so yeah I know that feeling and it's not even something so complex like your mod.

10 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I watched the video, you are very talented, like Snufkin. You two are on a much higher modding level than most of us lol, but I can understand what is it like to work on something for long hours and then it doesn't work as expected. I'm trying to create something new and unique too, but it looks like no matter which way I wanted to do it, I always ran into vanilla game limitations, so yeah I know that feeling and it's not even something so complex like your mod.

Yeah that's a love hate relationship for me.. I really enjoy finding work arounds with using xml only, but the limitations to work in are verrrrry annoying at times. It could be solved by code, but i dont wanna learn code. Plus that takes all the fun out of it for me 😛

Also, just uploaded some changes to the spidery mod.. Added new black spiders, and made spiders capable of jumping. Also changed the audio source of the spider, so now you can pinpoint where they are a bit easier. This mod will be getting a little more love eventually when i find time to sit down and do the things i have planned..

@Nomad I am running quite a few mods on my server (~1.5gb worth) and signed up for this forum just to thank you for yours. We are running the spider and horse one and the Wife LOVES the horse one (like really likes it  a lot). So thank you. We just started a new run (300 plus hrs in 7 days) and I'll add a few more of yours as things progress (ones that don't need a restart).

PS: What value do I change in the sounds xml file to make them less vocal? LOL 

Thanks again and Cheers. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Dre said:

@Nomad I am running quite a few mods on my server (~1.5gb worth) and signed up for this forum just to thank you for yours. We are running the spider and horse one and the Wife LOVES the horse one (like really likes it  a lot). So thank you. We just started a new run (300 plus hrs in 7 days) and I'll add a few more of yours as things progress (ones that don't need a restart).

PS: What value do I change in the sounds xml file to make them less vocal? LOL 

Thanks again and Cheers. 

Thank you! And glad you're enjoying them. I got some plans for the spider mod and working on a few of them when i get the chance. As for the sound, you can't change the volume of the sound through xml. But you can make them play less often by changing the maxrepeatrate property. That's how often, in seconds, the sound can be played.  I'm not sure which one you're after for the less vocal part. To change the sound of the file, you'd need the original file and edit it in some way, then rebuild the unity3d file.

Hi, some more feedback.

20200829164156-1.jpg

20200829164248-1.jpg

The above spider being big bad mutha one. Is it possible to remove the name plate above the model as it kind of spoils the otherwise superb model, just odd to have a NPC in game with a name plate above it.

Also It doesn't seem to have a stand still animation and just keeps in its walking animation which makes it look weird when its not actually moving forward .... :)

3 hours ago, Rizzano said:

For the horse mod, will this be a mod that clients also have to install, or can it be server side only?

Yes clients will need the files downloaded.

3 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Hi, some more feedback.

20200829164156-1.jpg

20200829164248-1.jpg

The above spider being big bad mutha one. Is it possible to remove the name plate above the model as it kind of spoils the otherwise superb model, just odd to have a NPC in game with a name plate above it.

Also It doesn't seem to have a stand still animation and just keeps in its walking animation which makes it look weird when its not actually moving forward .... :)

I made the nameplate part of the model, so you cant easily remove it sadly. I go for a more mmo / rpg style feel for my mods, so it fit. And the way i do entities, they constantly animate. I dont feel like learning a ton of unity stuff for a creaturepack style of modding. This way is easy and simple for me.. lol.

On 8/28/2020 at 5:15 AM, Telric said:

Thank you! And glad you're enjoying them. I got some plans for the spider mod and working on a few of them when i get the chance. As for the sound, you can't change the volume of the sound through xml. But you can make them play less often by changing the maxrepeatrate property. That's how often, in seconds, the sound can be played.  I'm not sure which one you're after for the less vocal part. To change the sound of the file, you'd need the original file and edit it in some way, then rebuild the unity3d file.

Thanks. I'll fiddle with the maxpreeaterate next time before I push any mod updates via mega out to friends that play on the server.  

She has all the horses in the crafting base now LOL like 10 of them or something. Thank you for the laughs/joy she got out of this. We also have a few spider mounts. Cheers. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

I put the biplane and helicopter mod into Darkness Falls and so far it's working. The first time I ran into a plane crash I was shocked and pleasantly surprised how the plane crashed from the sky and wasn't just a spawn on the ground, great job! Finding 30 crashes, of a particular plane/copter in order to build one seems a bit much though. 

21 minutes ago, EZ2Remember said:

I put the biplane and helicopter mod into Darkness Falls and so far it's working. The first time I ran into a plane crash I was shocked and pleasantly surprised how the plane crashed from the sky and wasn't just a spawn on the ground, great job! Finding 30 crashes, of a particular plane/copter in order to build one seems a bit much though.

It's 30 parts of an end-game item which makes it so that once it's built, you won't need to look for other vehicles anymore. And I've seen only two crashes in my last gameplay and only once I was able to harvest it. It's a pretty rare find, but then again it's an end-game item, so it does make sense that it would be hard to get. Vanilla game clearly doesn't want you to fly in the first week either.

PS: Maybe pay Vincent to go look for them for you... :classic_laugh:

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

9 hours ago, EZ2Remember said:

Don't forget, if you started a new RWG, you'll have a POI that will spawn which has some salvageable planes and helis. If you find those you'll get a hefty extra chunk of parts.

2 hours ago, EmePalindrome said:

Hey your horse mod is the first and only one I have downloaded for 7dtd and I don't know if I did something wrong but the saddles aren't showing up in game? I can't find them in the crafting menu

Tis an honor, good friend. :) My modlets are just place and go.. all you need to do is add them to your Mods folder. Double check you installed it to the correct folder. It should be in the same directory as you'd see "7DaysToDie_data" as a folder.. so a bit under that, you'd have your "Mods" folder, and inside that folder would be my "TelricsHorsesA19" folder.

15 minutes ago, CynicalGamer said:

Loving the new changes to the spider mod. I was sneaking around at night on top of a fence and completely forgot you made it so they can jump. Well, it jumped and so did I. Really good addition. I did notice the spider nests sound like hitting wood again.

Urrrghh that dang wood sound. I've changed it about 30 times now. Must not be overwritting correctly. I'll go fix it tonight... Also you can thank @Jay_ombie for the jumping spiders idea hehe..

Okay just uploaded and checked out the spiders mod.. It's now set to Morganic instead of Mwood_regular.... hopefully it will stay that way. For some reason it didnt overwrite dropbox.. Both my backup and my live mod files said organic... but dropbox said wood.. /shrug

Edited by Telric (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Telric said:

Tis an honor, good friend. :) My modlets are just place and go.. all you need to do is add them to your Mods folder. Double check you installed it to the correct folder. It should be in the same directory as you'd see "7DaysToDie_data" as a folder.. so a bit under that, you'd have your "Mods" folder, and inside that folder would be my "TelricsHorsesA19" folder.

Ooooh so what do I do if I don't have a mods folder? 

1 hour ago, EmePalindrome said:

Ooooh so what do I do if I don't have a mods folder? 

Open up the game folder (top level) and make a folder called "mods" drop the unzipped mod folder in that folder. Done. :)

Cheers. 

• Telric changed the title to Telrics A19 Modlets (New MOD Added: 07/08/2021)