TigerWolfe

{A19} Animal Tracking doesn't seem to be working, or I don't get it.

I've maxed out Animal Tracking at 3 ranks, and yet when I use it, if it detects tracks, nothing is popping up in the compass. Without the prompt of which direction to go the perk is basically useless. Am I doing something wrong? Did they change the compass aspect between A18 and A19? Any help is appreciated, as I'm our groups hunter... and I'm not doing such a great job at the moment. 

Same thing, after updating to alpha 19 build 178 from build 177 animal tracker no longer shows animal icons on the HUD or map.

Could you post logs?

Currently on three servers, and have not seen this issue.  Also, what level animal tracking do you have?

Post clearly states that he has animal tracking at rank 3.     Rank one seems to work fine.  I have not gotten higher ranks on it so I cannot confirm.

Update: it started working (at least for rank 1 and 2) after a clean install and another update to most current beta.

I tested it on Rank 3 more last night, and didn't have any issues. large game is a bit hard to find sometimes though.

do you wear glasses by any chance?  i have the same bug and its only when i wear glasses...

Large game spawns a lot less in this alpha than in A18, we're supposed to hunt a lot of chickens and rabbits :)  Personally I've found A19 - since day one - has been there first version I've had where animal tracking did work properly. And a very nice touch now that it labels animals red or green according to whether they'll try to kill you  :)

On 8/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, Grolbu said:

Large game spawns a lot less in this alpha than in A18, we're supposed to hunt a lot of chickens and rabbits :)  Personally I've found A19 - since day one - has been there first version I've had where animal tracking did work properly. And a very nice touch now that it labels animals red or green according to whether they'll try to kill you  :)

mine isnt working right, a lot of the time my compass shows nothing and I have no visual on screen of the animal icon either, only tracks nearby.

6 minutes ago, Mdub420 said:

mine isnt working right, a lot of the time my compass shows nothing and I have no visual on screen of the animal icon either, only tracks nearby.

Are you using any mods?

I seem to have the same problem. A lot of the time a the tracking timer will start but there will be no animals highlighted on the HUD or map, although sometimes it seems like it's tracking something that is beyond the sight of the HUD since, at times, I did encounter animals after walking a bit in a random direction and the highlights appeared.

Same here. I had it working fine in Animal tracking Rank 1, but then it's gone. Sometime rarely it comes back and sometime it keps blinking on off while I'm looking at an animal. I'll try to make recording for these and post here.

Then this few minutes later.... then it was back to not showing....

Edited by kdthehun (see edit history)

I have had this issue as well.  However, I noticed something the most recent time that it happened...
After I took a second level in Animal Tracking, I was able to see Coyotes on the tracker in red, instead of green (I assume to indicate non friendly. predator)  After that, I was unable to see any other animals even though I saw 'tracks', but I wonder if somehow at level 2 the skill stops tracking level 1 creatures and only tracks level 2 ones. I could not find a second unfriendly animal to test this theory on, but I distinctly remember in an earlier start I was having much the same problem, and I was able to see a boar on the compass during that playthrough.