Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Nef

Nef

On 7/10/2020 at 3:46 PM, jade plays games said:

"ark, conan, dayz, stranded deep, citadel, memories of mars, long dark and many many more manage to keep console versions updated, 7 days is not some master mind game that is so complex it cant happen?"

Last I checked, none of those games went through what TFP did. I don't recall hearing about Wildcard having to spend millions at an auction to get the rights back to their own game because of an irresponsible publisher going under and refusing to give the rights back and trying to sell them at auction for their own debts. 

But, as someone else pointed out, none of those are open world voxel games. Closest we have is Space Engineers, and guess what? Xbox One and PS4 barely barely manages to run it at 30FPS. Player limits of two players, with extremely low PCU counts. (limit a player can build) Meanwhile on PC servers are often 16-64 players, with grids into the millions count with a stable 1.0 sim speed. Xbox tanks sim speed from a single small grid ship of one player. Xbox One and PS4 just aren't equipped for these sorts of games. It only sorta worked for 7 Days as the tech was, while demanding, still just low enough for the game to function in some capacity to Microsoft and Sony's expectations. While the graphics may be muddy, and the load times long, it *did* just barely manage 25-30FPS, and that was good enough. 7 Days was the one game to get my Xbox hotter than the sun after a few hours of playing, lol.

I can feel my Xbox bursting into flames from Alpha 19's overhauls, lol. I really don't miss playing the game on the lowest settings with no distant buildings and fog three feet in front of me and STILL getting 25 FPS with one small base, lol. Playing Alpha 19 atm, solid 60FPS, everything set to ultra. Even then... My 2070 Super and overclocked i7-8700k still sometimes get overwhelmed by the game, and my PC's far far stronger than an Xbox could ever hope to be, and it's still not top of the line by any means. Though I did finally get 32GB of RAM. DDR4 at 3200MHz. 

Nef

Nef

On 7/10/2020 at 3:46 PM, jade plays games said:

"ark, conan, dayz, stranded deep, citadel, memories of mars, long dark and many many more manage to keep console versions updated, 7 days is not some master mind game that is so complex it cant happen?"

Last I checked, none of those games went through what TFP did. I don't recall hearing about Wildcard having to spend millions at an auction to get the rights back to their own game because of an irresponsible publisher going under and refusing to give the rights back and trying to sell them at auction for their own debts. 

But, as some else pointed out, none of those are open world voxel games. Closest we have is Space Engineers, and guess what? Xbox One and PS4 barely barely manages to run it at 30FPS. Player limits of two players, with extremely low PCU counts. (limit a player can build) Meanwhile on PC servers are often 16-64 players, with grids into the millions count with a stable 1.0 sim speed. Xbox tanks sim speed from a single small grid ship of one player. Xbox One and PS4 just aren't equipped for these sorts of games. It only sorta worked for 7 Days as the tech was, while demanding, still just low enough for the game to function in some capacity to Microsoft and Sony's expectations. While the graphics may be muddy, and the load times long, it *did* just barely manage 25-30FPS, and that was good enough. 7 Days was the one game to get my Xbox hotter than the sun after a few hours of playing, lol.

I can feel my Xbox bursting into flames from Alpha 19's overhauls, lol.