Edit History

PoloPoPo

PoloPoPo

Bow & Arrows is extremely strong in the early game in my opinion. I have used a level 5 primitive bow for the first two weeks or so and it takes out everything. Most zombies die with a single stealthed headshot (damage x3.5). There is that pop&pills hospital with the heliport on top of it where a lot of zombies are waiting for the player. Especially with iron arrows (you find them everywhere) you can simply crouch in front of that zomb horde and pick out one after another with a headshot. As it does not make any noise only the hit zomb will wake up, rest remains sleeping. Few days of training and you never miss a sleeper's head. Same applies to weak animals like deer. One stealthed arrow to the head and it is down. 

Have switched to a level 4 wooden bow recently and that thing is even more powerful. With increased arrow speed it is easier to hit heads as well.

Personally, I think they are awesome in the early game and even later on for sneak attacks. Not talking about the satisfaction playing with a bow gives me :D

I am even thinking about spending some skill points on bows.

Playing on difficulty Warrior btw.

PoloPoPo

PoloPoPo

Bow & Arrows is extremely strong in the early game in my opinion. I have used a level 5 primitive bow for the first two weeks or so and it takes out everything. Most zombies die with a single stealthed headshot (damage x3.5). There is that pop&pills hospital with the heliport on top of it where a lot of zombies are waiting for the player. Especially with iron arrows (you find them everywhere) you can simply crouch in front of that zomb horde and pick out one after another with a headshot. As it does not make any noise only the hit zomb will wake up, rest remains sleeping. Few days of training and you never miss a sleeper's head. Same applies to weak animals like deer. One stealthed arrow to the head and it is down. 

Have switched to a level 4 wooden bow recently and that thing is even more powerful. With increased arrow speed it is easier to hit heads as well.

Personally, I think they are awesome in the early game and even later on for sneak attacks. Not talking about the satisfaction playing with a bow gives me :D

I am even thinking about spending some skill points on bows.