Super Aircraft Carrier POI A20

Naz

spacer.png

spacer.png

Intro
To solve the stability issues of a ship in 7DTD, the carrier has been made to appear logged in an ice lake or an ice lake with years of snow drift. It's a hybrid open style and dungeon crawl, The ground level is at deck 8 (13 total) it has many ways to enter. Decks (excluding the island entrance) 6-9 is open style as you start to delve deeper into the ship you're eventually be funnelled to the centre of deck 9 where the start of the dungeon segments begins. You then proceed through decks 10-13 and up into the island entrance towards the end at deck 6 (flight Deck). The last part of the dungeon crawl is in the island (control tower decks 6-1) and it finishes at the top with a convenient ice/snow cave pit with water to jump into below.

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware

There is an issue with large prefabs where the distant mesh doesn't go away and displays permanently, even inside. I do have detailed instructions to get it working perfectly Included in the main download if you wish to use your own map or add it to an existing map. So to keep things as simple as possible. I have pre-done 3 Vanilla maps, so the only thing you would need to do is choose a map and copy/paste the 2 folders and that's it. Installing it as a new RWG map and manual spawning can get a bit involved.

Performance warning
This prefab has more verts and tris than all 4 vanilla skyscrappers put together, it is very big and very detailed. That said 60fps is possible, so if you're having FPS Performance issues check out the included performance readme in the main download for some tips. However they will only help if you have the necessary hardware, Example if you're running a Pre-Ryzen AMD cpu and 4gb of ram they might not get you to playable performance. I'd recommend the following hardware for this prefab:
CPU: Any 4 core 4+ghz Ryzen 3000-5000 or intel 4000-12000
Ram: 6K map size 8-12gb | 8k Map size 8-12gb | 10K 12gb-16gb
any SSD Storage where 7dtd is installed and the C drive/where your saves are

GPU: The graphics card will play a minimal role while exploring this prefab due to any cpu being the bottleneck, if you can run 7dtd and you're happy with the performance that will be fine here. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre done Maps

Everything you need is in each map download. Once installed everything should work, *except the ice. To install on a new/existing map see the main download under the maps.

Pre-done 6K Vanilla V20.0.0   Pre-done 8K Vanilla V20.0.0   Pre-done 10K Vanilla V20.0.0
Download   Download   Download
spacer.png   spacer.png   spacer.png

Main download RWG spawning or Manual 

This download has all the need documentation and step by step information to manually spawn or use with Vanilla RWG.
NOTE: The prefab can only be spawned as 1 prefab with vanilla rwg, so to prevent users getting the distant mesh bug i've omitted the mesh for the single prefab version. I'd suggest getting a single prefab version spawned with vanilla rwg and manually swapping out it to the 2 prefab version which has a distant mesh.

A20 Super Aircraft Carrier POI V20.0.0: Download

To see more screenshots of the Carrier throughout the build process, check out my project gallery 

WIP Dry Docked Version

Spoiler

spacer.png

Since A18 i've been working on & off modifying the carrier from a "frozen over" setting to a dry docked setting. This would allow it to be in any biome without looking weird and be a bit more believable. I could get away with it in a17 when we had ice and biome restrictions in rwg but those are gone now. This is very much a work in progress version, so expect poor performance, missing paints, unfinished areas and general jankyness. The reason i'm releasing like this is, it's an incredible time sink and so much work needs done to it. All the while the snow version is getting more and more dated as time goes on. So i'd rather release what i have, let people try it as i work on it. It's also easier to implement feedback when it's still under construction rather than after it's finished.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png   spacer.png

I had planned to just release the single prefab version and let people gen their own maps, but i found an issue in that it would only spawn about 208 blocks in length of it and cut the rest off. So it just 1 map with it as 2 prefabs, plus side is i can give it a distant mesh... a quick and dirty mesh tho since it's not worth doing the final mesh until it's completed or mostly completed.

6K Test World Download Version 20.0.0

Roadmap

-Get rid of the ugly snow terrain and use a more believable dry docked setting (done mostly)
-Do the above and still have 100% si stability (Done)
-Give the carrier a refit on it's rougher areas. (engine room, v22 ospreys etc) (In progress)
-Try to optimise the use of high detail blocks and models to improve performance and get rid of any unnecessary details that just contribute to lag. (In progress)
-Loot balance, it was originally balanced for 25% loot setting since that's what i normally play with, but at 100% it's a loot piñata. (to do)
-Better and more optimised use of sleepers, currently i just kinda used the shotgun approach to sleepers and reviewing gameplay from 
users they tend to run through multiple volumes and wake up too many zeds reducing performance.(1st pass done)
-Optimise and make better use of lights so they either guide the player better to the dungeon path or make clear they are part of a design/ambiance etc. (to do)
-Finally i have a theory on how to solve (mostly) the distant mesh issue with the single prefab version, but i've yet to test the theory so not worth talking about until i know it's a viable solution.(to do)

Edited by Naz (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ArNaLdInHo said:

Can you share older lobbys from older 7DTD from your server ?  Server Lobby ,  Mile High Club   ...

Unfortunately not, Lobby's are usually unique to the server, i'd have to strip all the branding and all the features specific to my server (player run stores,discovery bounties,Donner personal quarters, landing craft new player spawn system/fast travel portals). The carrier lobby also has the issue the poi version has relating to size, so it has to be split into 2. To get it floating on water is another hurdle, It takes hours to get it in stable no one wants that job XD. The first a16 lobby was a modified old courthouse poi i used as a placeholder until i built my own. I never converted it past a17, The mile high club was just a for fun build on the a16 server, i still have the files but they would need to be converted to a17>a18>a19, it was a simple build  so it's not really worth it.

Small update (V1.1), the carrier as 2 prefabs had a problem with no sleepers. That's now fixed on all maps and the main download. I also tidied up this post after the form updates most of the images broke and I've added some more to show a bit more.

• 8 months later...
  • Naz changed the title to Super Aircraft Carrier POI A20

Updated for A20 and new a20 maps available. I just did a straight convert no new a20 blocks were added. I've been working on and off for some time now on a new version, so i'm not going to do any more work on this version, except to keep it updated as long as the new version isn't ready.

I started working on a new version of the super carrier poi in a18 as an experiment to see if i could ditch the janky terrain and still have it structurally stable (idea was to put it in a dry dock). However things come up and it gets pushed to the backburner since i wasn't even sure it would be possible.

However i've made some head way with it in the last few months and it's now 100% stable. The goals for the new carriers are:

-Get rid of the ugly snow terrain and use a more believable dry docked setting (done)
-Give the carrier a refit on it's rougher areas. (engine room, v22 ospreys etc) (In progress)
-Try to optimise the use of high detail blocks and models to improve performance and get rid of any unnecessary details that just contribute to lag. (In progress)
-Loot balance, it was originally balanced for 25% loot setting since that's what i normally play with, but at 100% it's a loot piñata. (to do)
-Better and more optimised use of sleepers, currently i just kinda used the shotgun approach to sleepers and reviewing gameplay from 
users they tend to run through multiple volumes and wake up too many zeds reducing performance.(to do)
-Optimise and make better use of lights so they either guide the player better to the dungeon path or make clear they are part of a design/ambiance etc. (to do)
-Finally i have a theory on how to solve (mostly) the distant mesh issue with the single prefab version, but i've yet to test the theory so not worth talking about until i know it's a viable solution.(to do)

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Doing anything with the carrier is an incredible time sink, so i wouldn't count on seeing this version for some time. However it's just to say it's not been forgotten about and i fully intend to continually update it, as MM says "it will be done, when it's done"😂

12 minutes ago, Naz said:

Updated for A20 and new a20 maps available. I just did a straight convert no new a20 blocks were added. I've been working on and off for some time now on a new version, so i'm not going to do any more work on this version, except to keep it updated as long as the new version isn't ready.

I started working on a new version of the super carrier poi in a18 as an experiment to see if i could ditch the janky terrain and still have it structurally stable (idea was to put it in a dry dock). However things come up and it gets pushed to the backburner since i wasn't even sure it would be possible.

However i've made some head way with it in the last few months and it's now 100% stable. The goals for the new carriers are:

-Get rid of the ugly snow terrain and use a more believable dry docked setting (done)
users they tend to run through multiple volumes and wake up too many zeds reducing performance.(to do)

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

Doing anything with the carrier is an incredible time sink, so i wouldn't count on seeing this version for some time. However it's just to say it's not been forgotten about and i fully intend to continually update it, as MM says "it will be done, when it's done"😂

Looking great man gonna be a blast going thru this when it is ready 

• 1 month later...

I've gotten the dry docked version to a bare minimum playable state. So i've decided to release it as a work in progress version for people to try since the snow version is getting a bit long in the tooth and the dry docked version still has a ton of work that needs done on it. Details are at the bottom of the main post.

2liFLwZ.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/7/4 at 午前12時26分, Naz said:

スペーサー.png

スペーサー.png

イントロ
7DTDでの船の安定性の問題を解決するために、キャリアは氷の湖または長年の雪の吹きだまりのある氷の湖に記録されているように見えるようになりました。オープンスタイルとダンジョンクロールのハイブリッドです。地上レベルはデッキ8(合計13)で、さまざまな方法で入ることができます。デッキ(島の入り口を除く)6-9はオープンスタイルで、船を深く掘り下げ始めると、最終的にはデッキ9の中央に移動し、そこでダンジョンセグメントの開始が始まります。次に、デッキ10〜13を通り、デッキ6(フライトデッキ)の終わりに向かって島の入り口まで進みます。ダンジョンクロールの最後の部分は島(管制塔のデッキ6-1)にあり、上部は水が入った便利な氷/雪の洞窟ピットで終わり、下にジャンプします。

スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

注意してください

大きなプレハブには、遠くのメッシュが消えず、内部でも永続的に表示されるという問題があります。完全に機能させるための詳細な手順があります。独自のマップを使用する場合、または既存のマップに追加する場合は、メインのダウンロードに含まれています。だから、物事をできるだけシンプルに保つために。私は3つのバニラマップを事前に作成したので、マップを選択して2つのフォルダーをコピーして貼り付けるだけで、それだけです。新しいRWGマップとしてインストールし、手動でスポーンすると、少し複雑になる可能性があります。

パフォーマンス警告
このプレハブには、4つのバニラ超高層ビルすべてを組み合わせたものよりも多くの頂点とトリスがあり、非常に大きく、非常に詳細です。60fpsが可能であるとは言っているので、FPSパフォーマンスの問題が発生している場合は、メインダウンロードに含まれているパフォーマンスのreadmeでいくつかのヒントを確認してください。ただし、必要なハードウェアがある場合にのみ役立ちます。たとえば、Pre-Ryzen AMD CPUと4GBのRAMを実行している場合、再生可能なパフォーマンスが得られない可能性があります。このプレハブには、次のハードウェアをお勧めします
。CPU:任意の4コア4 + ghzRyzen3000-5000またはintel4000-12000RAM
:6Kマップサイズ8-12gb | 8kマップサイズ8-12gb| 10K12gb-
16gb7dtdがインストールされているSSDストレージとCドライブ/保存場所

GPU:7dtdを実行でき、ここで問題のないパフォーマンスに満足している場合、CPUがボトルネックになっているため、このプレハブを探索している間、グラフィックカードは最小限の役割しか果たしません。 

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

事前に作成されたマップ

必要なものはすべて、各マップのダウンロードに含まれています。インストールすると、*氷を除いてすべてが機能するはずです。新規/既存のマップにインストールするには、マップの下にあるメインのダウンロードを参照してください。

完了済み6KバニラV20.0.0   完了済み8KバニラV20.0.0   完了済みの10KバニラV20.0.0
ダウンロード   ダウンロード   ダウンロード
スペーサー.png   スペーサー.png   スペーサー.png

メインダウンロードRWGスポーンまたはマニュアル 

このダウンロードには、VanillaRWGで手動で生成または使用するために必要なすべてのドキュメントとステップバイステップの情報が含まれています。
注:プレハブは、バニラrwgを使用して1つのプレハブとしてのみ生成できるため、ユーザーが遠方のメッシュバグを取得するのを防ぐために、単一のプレハブバージョンのメッシュを省略しました。バニラrwgでスポーンされた単一のプレハブバージョンを取得し、それを手動で離れたメッシュを持つ2つのプレハブバージョンに交換することをお勧めします。

A20スーパーエアクラフトキャリアPOIV20.0.0: ダウンロード

ビルドプロセス全体でCarrierのスクリーンショットをもっと見るには、プロジェクトギャラリーをチェックしてください。 

WIP乾ドック版

隠されたコンテンツを明らかにする

spacer.png

Since A18 i've been working on & off modifying the carrier from a "frozen over" setting to a dry docked setting. This would allow it to be in any biome without looking weird and be a bit more believable. I could get away with it in a17 when we had ice and biome restrictions in rwg but those are gone now. This is very much a work in progress version, so expect poor performance, missing paints, unfinished areas and general jankyness. The reason i'm releasing like this is, it's an incredible time sink and so much work needs done to it. All the while the snow version is getting more and more dated as time goes on. So i'd rather release what i have, let people try it as i work on it. It's also easier to implement feedback when it's still under construction rather than after it's finished.

spacer.png   spacer.png

I had planned to just release the single prefab version and let people gen their own maps, but i found an issue in that it would only spawn about 208 blocks in length of it and cut the rest off. So it just 1 map with it as 2 prefabs, plus side is i can give it a distant mesh... a quick and dirty mesh tho since it's not worth doing the final mesh until it's completed or mostly completed.

Roadmap

-Get rid of the ugly snow terrain and use a more believable dry docked setting (done mostly)
users they tend to run through multiple volumes and wake up too many zeds reducing performance.(1st pass done)

On 2020/7/4 at 午前12時26分, Naz said:

スペーサー.png

スペーサー.png

イントロ
7DTDでの船の安定性の問題を解決するために、キャリアは氷の湖または長年の雪の吹きだまりのある氷の湖に記録されているように見えるようになりました。オープンスタイルとダンジョンクロールのハイブリッドです。地上レベルはデッキ8(合計13)で、さまざまな方法で入ることができます。デッキ(島の入り口を除く)6-9はオープンスタイルで、船を深く掘り下げ始めると、最終的にはデッキ9の中央に移動し、そこでダンジョンセグメントの開始が始まります。次に、デッキ10〜13を通り、デッキ6(フライトデッキ)の終わりに向かって島の入り口まで進みます。ダンジョンクロールの最後の部分は島(管制塔のデッキ6-1)にあり、上部は水が入った便利な氷/雪の洞窟ピットで終わり、下にジャンプします。

スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png
スペーサー.png

注意してください

大きなプレハブには、遠くのメッシュが消えず、内部でも永続的に表示されるという問題があります。完全に機能させるための詳細な手順があります。独自のマップを使用する場合、または既存のマップに追加する場合は、メインのダウンロードに含まれています。だから、物事をできるだけシンプルに保つために。私は3つのバニラマップを事前に作成したので、マップを選択して2つのフォルダーをコピーして貼り付けるだけで、それだけです。新しいRWGマップとしてインストールし、手動でスポーンすると、少し複雑になる可能性があります。

パフォーマンス警告
このプレハブには、4つのバニラ超高層ビルすべてを組み合わせたものよりも多くの頂点とトリスがあり、非常に大きく、非常に詳細です。60fpsが可能であるとは言っているので、FPSパフォーマンスの問題が発生している場合は、メインダウンロードに含まれているパフォーマンスのreadmeでいくつかのヒントを確認してください。ただし、必要なハードウェアがある場合にのみ役立ちます。たとえば、Pre-Ryzen AMD CPUと4GBのRAMを実行している場合、再生可能なパフォーマンスが得られない可能性があります。このプレハブには、次のハードウェアをお勧めします
。CPU:任意の4コア4 + ghzRyzen3000-5000またはintel4000-12000RAM
:6Kマップサイズ8-12gb | 8kマップサイズ8-12gb| 10K12gb-
16gb7dtdがインストールされているSSDストレージとCドライブ/保存場所

GPU:7dtdを実行でき、ここで問題のないパフォーマンスに満足している場合、CPUがボトルネックになっているため、このプレハブを探索している間、グラフィックカードは最小限の役割しか果たしません。 

事前に作成されたマップ

必要なものはすべて、各マップのダウンロードに含まれています。インストールすると、*氷を除いてすべてが機能するはずです。新規/既存のマップにインストールするには、マップの下にあるメインのダウンロードを参照してください。

完了済み6KバニラV20.0.0   完了済み8KバニラV20.0.0   完了済みの10KバニラV20.0.0
ダウンロード   ダウンロード   ダウンロード
スペーサー.png   スペーサー.png   スペーサー.png

メインダウンロードRWGスポーンまたはマニュアル 

このダウンロードには、VanillaRWGで手動で生成または使用するために必要なすべてのドキュメントとステップバイステップの情報が含まれています。
注:プレハブは、バニラrwgを使用して1つのプレハブとしてのみ生成できるため、ユーザーが遠方のメッシュバグを取得するのを防ぐために、単一のプレハブバージョンのメッシュを省略しました。バニラrwgでスポーンされた単一のプレハブバージョンを取得し、それを手動で離れたメッシュを持つ2つのプレハブバージョンに交換することをお勧めします。

A20スーパーエアクラフトキャリアPOIV20.0.0: ダウンロード

ビルドプロセス全体でCarrierのスクリーンショットをもっと見るには、プロジェクトギャラリーをチェックしてください。 

WIP乾ドック版

隠されたコンテンツを明らかにする

spacer.png

spacer.png   spacer.png

Roadmap

Thank you for the good property.
Do it with 3 friends
Not completely cleared even after 3 hours.
But everyone is happy.

jp 良い物件をありがとう。
友達3人とやって、
3時間しても完全クリアならず。
でもみんな満足です。

• 4 weeks later...

Last used in A19, I'm pretty sure you saw the YT video where we used it as a "Rivet City" in TomGirlGamer's 7 Days to Fallout run.

Once Teragon is usable, and I can do a DC heightmap, you know I'm going to put that rascal in there!  This is an amazing POI from the radar mast to the keel. ❣️ 💥

20 hours ago, Evil_Geoff said:

Last used in A19, I'm pretty sure you saw the YT video where we used it as a "Rivet City" in TomGirlGamer's 7 Days to Fallout run.

Once Teragon is usable, and I can do a DC heightmap, you know I'm going to put that rascal in there!  This is an amazing POI from the radar mast to the keel. ❣️ 💥

Yeah i remember watching that, was great seeing how other players like to go through it. This concept art from fallout 3 is what i had in my head at the beginning. However the real ingame version of the fallout 3 carrier was actually really small and kind of square looking and i wanted it to be more "real life" looking. So it's almost a 1:1 scale version of the real ford class carrier.

Fallout 3 Concept Art
thbtt0I.jpg

Fallout 3 Ingame Carrier
QTSTuO0.png

Got a couple of tidbits to show. First is the new F35 jets. old ones looked more like Russian migs 😂 Also i've re-done the flight decks stripes to use the new trim blocks and also done a ton of optimising swapping out of the concrete painted metal blocks for unpainted concrete etc and also working on a more efficient way to give stability to the more on the edge areas.
y7b8GQi.jpg

I also re-done the rib boats and revamped the rib boat storage area.

Before
rk6ELJp.jpg

After

1vVusV1.jpg

• 7 months later...

Quick question.

I did a manual placement of the 2 parts (in snow biome), I think I did it correctly. Front and rear have the same W coordinate, and front is 165 blocks N of rear placement.  It looks correct, no obvious gap, no visible offset.  But there are trees all over the flight deck, and there are floating trees.  Any ideas about what might cause that?

SAC_Deck_Trees.jpg