Demandred1957

Mountain lion and direwolf are too OP

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2020 at 7:05 AM, Demandred1957 said:

The Blunderbuss was Q2, and it was literally point blank range... And hard to run when they now have almost no cool down between attacks. How is it balanced to have 2 attacks per second, and a instant stun with the first attack? Again, TFP don't know how guns and bows work. A cape buffalo or a elephant could withstand that, but not a wolf or mountain lion. I understand they think of the player as the enemy, and want to give their creations every advantage to take the player down, but they need to check their bias and bring a bit of realism into the game.

Not a hunting simulation.  Gameplay > realism in this case.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:52 AM, Demandred1957 said:

No time for a "attack strategy" when you get jumped out of the shadows like the Dire Wolf did me. I don't mind a little buff to them, but really... Do TFP not understand how guns and arrows work??? People hunt mountain lions and Kodiak bears with bows and arrows and kill them with *one* arrow.. Not to even mention how many of the same were killed by single shot black powder rifles back in the day...

Plenty of time to plan.  When you spawn in the game you have newbie protection.  Go smack a tree and make spikes before running away from the road into the wilderness where it's hard to see wolves among the grass.  

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

What difficulty do you play at? I personally don't like how "bullet spongy" enemies are on the higher difficulties. 

They are zombies, they should go down easy, their advantage should be in numbers. 

I too was attacked by a dire wolf out of nowhere. Was looting a house in burnt forrest & heard something tearing the fu*k out of the house from outside. Suddenly the SOB came around the corner & started mawing my a*s. 

I did survive but he did indeed tear me up. RNG can be a bit*h dude. Like other post said, at least now you are well aware of how much of a pain these things are and you can better prepare. Good luck man!

Just standard difficulty. In later game i step the horde count up, because yeah, they are zombies not bulletproof tanks. Last game of A18 was the day 126 horde. I stepped it up to 64 count and changed the time to 2 hr days. Made for a pretty good video. Glock9 base ftw!

Always carry a healthy stack of wood frames and a few spears.  You can nerdpole up 2 blocks and place frames faster than anything - including a bear or dire wolf - can destroy them.  Once you have a small enough platform you can get 2 down that have been upgraded and there is nothing in game that can kill you.  Last time I got jumped by a dire on day one this is how I survived and got some early meat out of the deal.  Works like a charm.

It is much easier if you are near any structure whatsoever.  Then all you need to do is pole up 3 spaces and you become untouchable.  Bears are usually not worth it early game but I am never unhappy to see any other animal early game.  The meat and bones that early is really nice.

8 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

Just standard difficulty. In later game i step the horde count up, because yeah, they are zombies not bulletproof tanks. Last game of A18 was the day 126 horde. I stepped it up to 64 count and changed the time to 2 hr days. Made for a pretty good video. Glock9 base ftw!

Hell yeah!! I love Glock9's videos. His tests & builds are interesting.