Edit History

Kyonshi

Kyonshi

I kinda partially agree with this.

While this doesnt break immersion to me, it needs to be recalibrated i think. There's a level your food bar reaches and you automatically get hungry. Let's say you were at 40% and the hungriness kicked in at 50%. You eat Grilled Meat, which essentially is a steak. It boosts you of 10-15 points i believe? So you reach 50% once again. And then you become hungry again. But in reality, a piece of steak usually fills you for a bit longer, no?

Food should have a satiety level in accordance to the type of food it is. Steak and fries should not only fill the bar higher than a can of tuna but also make your bar deplete slower, due to the fact that its a heavier meal.

I can also understand that performing physically demanding activities, like mining, asks for more energy consumption from the body, therefore eating more often is needed. But some situations should be taken into logical consideration. I remember one night, i ate like 4-5 cans of food i found, with some of them being Rations, while slowly sneaking in a house, looting it. Then 2 minutes later,  the game tells me i was still hungry and i wasnt at rock-bottom of my food bar prior to this. I was like dude, you just ate 5 f***ing cans! Im not running, axing down doors, or fighting 3 Zeds at once with a spear : im taking them down with a bow & arrows while they're sleeping... And im told im starving. Wth? 🤨

Kyonshi

Kyonshi

While this doesnt break immersion to me, it needs to be recalibrated i think. There's a level your food bar reaches and you automatically get hungry. Let's say you were at 40% and the hungriness kicked in at 50%. You eat Grilled Meat, which essentially is a steak. It boosts you of 10-15 points i believe? So you reach 50% once again. And then you become hungry again. But in reality, a piece of steak usually fills you for a bit longer, no?

Food should have a satiety level in accordance to the type of food it is. Steak and fries should not only fill the bar higher than a can of tuna but also make your bar deplete slower, due to the fact that its a heavier meal.

I can also understand that performing physically demanding activities, like mining, asks for more energy consumption from the body, therefore eating more often is needed. But some situations should be taken into logical consideration. I remember one night, i ate like 4-5 cans of food i found, with some of them being Rations, while slowly sneaking in a house while looting it. Then 2 minutes later,  the game tells me i was still hungry and i wasnt at rock-bottom of my food bar prior to this. I was like dude, you just ate 5 f***ing cans! Im not running, axing down doors, or fighting 3 Zeds at once with a spear : im taking them down with a bow & arrows while they're sleeping... And im told im starving. Wth? 🤨

Kyonshi

Kyonshi

I can also understand that performing physically demanding activities, like mining, asks for more energy consumption from the body, therefore eating more often is needed. But some situations should be taken in logical consideration. I remember one night, i ate like 4-5 cans of food i found, with some of them being Rations, while slowly sneaking in a house while looting it. Then 2 minutes later,  the game tells me i was still hungry and i wasnt at rock-bottom of my food bar prior to this. I was like dude, you just ate 5 f***ing cans! Im not running, axing down doors, or fighting 3 Zeds at once with a spear : im taking them down with a bow & arrows while they're sleeping... And im told im starving. Wth? 🤨

Kyonshi

Kyonshi

While this doesnt break immersion to me, it needs to be recalibrated i think. There's a level your food bar reaches and you automatically get hungry. Let's say you were at 40% and the the hungriness kicked in at 50%. You eat Grilled Meat, which essentially is a steak. It boosts you of 10 points i believe? So you reach 50% once again. And then you become hungry again. But in reality, a piece of steak usually fills you for a bit longer, no?

I can understand that performing physically demanding activities, like mining, asks for more energy consumption from the body, therefore eating more often is needed. But i remember one night, i ate like 4-5 cans of food i found while slowly sneaking in a house while looting it. Then 2 minutes later,  the game tells me i was still hungry and i wasnt at rock-bottom of my food bar prior to this. I was like dude, you just ate 5 f***ing cans! Im not running, axing down doors, or fighting 3 Zeds at once with a spear : im taking them down with a bow & arrows while they're sleeping... And im told im starving. Wth? 🤨