Oil Refinery

TehAgent

Hi again everyone. Now that the cat is out of the bag on machines that are fueled, I can post what I was working on when it all started. I promised I would wait since the final piece of the puzzle was not my discovery and I did - now here you go! Today I will share the Oil Refinery. In Live Free or Die, you can no longer magically craft gas cans from barrels of crude. Instead, you must refine it in an expensive, mid to end game machine. The bonus is that I have it set up to extract both gas cans as well as oil from each barrel. Implement it how you wish for your own theme. [CODE] [/CODE] Many server owners/admins and mod makers do not like to use custom loot tables. I however, do, because my mod requires a download for the icons anyway. I support the Mod daily and we use TS3 and our website to maintain order. However, your situation may differ. Custom loot groups can cause nullreference errors if the players do not have the loot.xml file. loot.xml [CODE] [/CODE] The recipe is made from all custom items on my server, so I will leave that up to you. I chose the wrench for the upgrade tool (that feeds the oil barrel into the refiner) as it seemed fitting. (see what I did there?) You can choose whatever tool you want by adding "oilBarrel" to its use_action field: [CODE] [/CODE] Enjoy!

Good stuff mate. The oil extractor and oil refinery are on my list to complete before A11. I'm hoping A11 will fix .xml sync and we can look forward to not having to tapdance around these nullreference errors.

Just looking at your final stage, is there any reason you can't have the final stage Uprate itself back to the initial stage when it is done? It looks like when you close the loot it downgrades itself back to a refiner. I can't remember does that drop another one that you can then place or does it do it in-place?

Good stuff mate. The oil extractor and oil refinery are on my list to complete before A11. I'm hoping A11 will fix .xml sync and we can look forward to not having to tapdance around these nullreference errors.

Just looking at your final stage, is there any reason you can't have the final stage Uprate itself back to the initial stage when it is done? It looks like when you close the loot it downgrades itself back to a refiner. I can't remember does that drop another one that you can then place or does it do it in-place?

It does it in place, so you dont have to pick it up and place it again. Thats exactly the reason I needed Berticus's solution. I wasnt going to make machines that players had to place over and over again. I figured that would be tedious and 'cheap' feeling.

Yeah cool, I like it. the fact that there are two completely different ways to simulate a machine is pretty surprising.

I'm working on a hybrid although I'm still avoiding changing the loot.xml because every I make has to work on MP.

Yeah cool, I like it. the fact that there are two completely different ways to simulate a machine is pretty surprising.

I'm working on a hybrid although I'm still avoiding changing the loot.xml because every I make has to work on MP.

I should probably do it that way too, but then theres the custom icons thing...people have to download my mod if they want it. It strangles the player base, but we are also a whitelist server to keep trolls and less than wanted players out.

Yeah no worries. I'm almost finished with the refinery and oil extractor.

It has caused me to completely rethink fuel production on my server though. I need to rethink the whole process, and the uses for tallow, biofuel, and grain alcohol and the beaker.

The whole chain has to be reworked now - I can either go with the machines making more efficient production and better quantities out of the same materials or take out the recipes for fuel production altogether and change it to require the machines.

I'm already changing it so you can't directly turn an oil barrel into fuel, but I need to rework the machine to accept oil barrels as input. Lots to do :)

Archived