Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
7 hours ago, hotpoon said:

I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion Valheim's food system is the worst I've seen in any survival game.  Not only is it silly to me that you have to eat 3 different foods, but there comes a point where your health and stamina bar have shrunk quite a bit, but you can do nothing about it because your 3 foods aren't flashing yet. Really don't know what they were thinking, and you're the first person I've heard that enjoys it. Everyone I've spoken to thought it was ridiculous. I'm not saying you're a freak. We all like different things. It just still surprises me some times that the thing I absolutely detest is something someone else could love. I don't envy the devs trying to choose the best system. 

Personally I still think 7 Days to Die's old wellness system was the best. It gave an incentive not to die, and to cook the best tier meals.  My circle of friends enjoyed it and were surprised when the Pimps swapped it out. The new system is just ok. I can live with it. I think I would have been more accepting of it, if I hadn't experienced the old system first.

I enjoy valheim's system WAY more than most food mechanics in other survival games. I think most people don't like it because they are not used to having to deal with a food system that actually matters.

the forest, subnautica, ark , conan exiles .. rust.. 50 other games... etc.  it really did not matter . just carry 50 pork chops  and scarf a bunch down when ever you start taking damage over time.  I can comfortably say that food could have been removed from every single one of them without really impacting much. 

As for the old wellness system.  The problem with the old wellness system was that it factored in death.  You die and suddenly you respawn less healthy. Which means it was a system that worked perfectly fine .. until you have one night where you died a few times and then if felt like a dumpster full exclusively of sewage on fire. 

They probably could have saved that system if they just removed the death penalty and made it more reactive to the type of food players had eaten instead.. but then that is already closer to valheim anyway. 

6 hours ago, hotpoon said:

I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion Valheim's food system is the worst I've seen in any survival game.  Not only is it silly to me that you have to eat 3 different foods, but there comes a point where your health and stamina bar have shrunk quite a bit, but you can do nothing about it because your 3 foods aren't flashing yet. Really don't know what they were thinking, and you're the first person I've heard that enjoys it. Everyone I've spoken to thought it was ridiculous. I'm not saying you're a freak. We all like different things. It just still surprises me some times that the thing I absolutely detest is something someone else could love. I don't envy the devs trying to choose the best system. 

Personally I still think 7 Days to Die's old wellness system was the best. It gave an incentive not to die, and to cook the best tier meals.  My circle of friends enjoyed it and were surprised when the Pimps swapped it out. The new system is just ok. I can live with it. I think I would have been more accepting of it, if I hadn't experienced the old system first.

I enjoy valheim's system WAY more than most food mechanics in other survival games. I think most people don't like it because they are not used to having to deal with a food system that actually matters.

the forest, subnautica, ark , conan exiles .. rust.. 50 other games... etc.  it really did not matter . just carry 50 pork chops  and scarf a bunch down when ever you start taking damage over time.  I can comfortably say that food could have been removed from every single one of them without really impacting much.