PaintJob v2.3 (Alpha 20)

Ericbeaudoin

Here are the codes. I downloaded Gimp and had a look at your skin. wouldn't know where to start but I attempted to  colour replace the blue for  gold and the silver for green and thoroughly messed it up. I'll be looking into lessons on Gimp before I attempt it again lol.

National colours of Australia
Green	Gold
Pantone	348 C	116 C
RGB (Hex)	0–132–61 (#00843D)	255–205–0 (#FFCD00)
CMYK	100%–0%–54%–48%	0%–20%–100%–0%

Just want to say first off, I have used the "truck elevator" LOVE it. tysm... This mod will get me to use the 4x4 again XD also i've seen in the paint brush menu there is the camo texture would there be a way to use that to make a camo jeep? also how do you remove the "cow catcher" and brush guard from the jeep?

@Leigonaire762 I'm glad you like the mod. Not sure what the "truck elevator" is though. 

One of my friend has asked for a Camo version of the Jeep so it will probably happen. No promise as to when.

To remove the bars, chains, spikes, or to lower the shield down, I worked on the Jeep model in Blender and separate it in multiple objects. I imported that in Unity and the generate different versions of the Jeep with some of the objects turned-off. There is presently no way in game to dynamically turn those on and off. This means that for now, the physical model is bound the the texture you choose i.e. the War3zUK is the only one with the shield down and the Miss Spartan is the only one with spikes, chains, and shield removed.

I'm looking for a way to use triggers to turn objects off in game, but I don't know that it is possible for the vehicle entities.

2 hours ago, beHypE said:

Are there any plans to do that for other vehicles as well ? We are tired of having 3 yellow bikes followed by 3 grey motorcycles... ;)

Plans yes. No firm date on when I will have the time to do it. The motocycle base work is done. Now I need to come up with new texture and I'm pretty bad at it.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, Finch55 said:

Here are the codes. I downloaded Gimp and had a look at your skin. wouldn't know where to start but I attempted to  colour replace the blue for  gold and the silver for green and thoroughly messed it up. I'll be looking into lessons on Gimp before I attempt it again lol.

National colours of Australia
Green	Gold
Pantone	348 C	116 C
RGB (Hex)	0–132–61 (#00843D)	255–205–0 (#FFCD00)
CMYK	100%–0%–54%–48%	0%–20%–100%–0%

I'll give it a go when I have time.

3 hours ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

Bicycles and motorcycles are now included in version v1.12 (see first post for details).

Dude... Awesome work!

A personal request, if I might? Any chance of a black and red motorcycle? Same pattern as the green/gold would work quite well I think!

Love the mod, thank you for the work. Question though? Our server also run Harry's Vehicle Mods(https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887) and the two aren't compatible, players basically choose to spruce up the outside or inside of their vehicles, can't do both. Is there anything you know of that we could do to sort this out? If not, we still appreciate the work you put in and will continue to use your mod as well.

1 hour ago, RazorEye said:

Love the mod, thank you for the work. Question though? Our server also run Harry's Vehicle Mods(https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887) and the two aren't compatible, players basically choose to spruce up the outside or inside of their vehicles, can't do both. Is there anything you know of that we could do to sort this out? If not, we still appreciate the work you put in and will continue to use your mod as well.

Try this, RazorEye - Should solve it (works on SP/CO-OP just fine)

zzHarrysPaintjob1.2Compatability.zip

Edited by FreakUK (see edit history)

On 8/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, FreakUK said:

Try this, RazorEye - Should solve it (works on SP/CO-OP just fine)

zzHarrysPaintjob1.2Compatability.zip 1.34 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this @FreakUK. I don't use Harry's Vehicle mod so it would have been very hard for me to fix it.

I like the idea of a Black and Red motorcycle so it will probably happen :-).

Alpha 19 Stable / PaintJob v1.14
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]" 
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe/ingredient[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]/.." 

Edited by beware14 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, beware14 said:

Alpha 19 Stable / PaintJob v1.14
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]" 
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe/ingredient[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]/.." 

You can ignore that - it's there just to make sure there are no mod conflicts with the Motorcycle Alterations mod.

4 hours ago, FreakUK said:

You can ignore that - it's there just to make sure there are no mod conflicts with the Motorcycle Alterations mod.

It is exactly that. I advice not loading MotorcycleVariations if you are using PaintJob, but I wanted to make sure that there would be no conflict.

At some point, I'll probably remove this. I just need to change the name space in a way that will not affect save games i.e. if you already have a motorcycle and you update the mod, I don't want you save game to throw red errors messages and you have lose the motorcycle.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 12:01 PM, Deathmetall said:

Hello, I think I have the mod installed correctly since I can now apply dye to my motorcycle but how do I choose between the different models? Or is this done during the crafting stage?

Just saw your message. You need to craft the original vehicle. Using it as a material, you can craft using alcohol a scrubbed version of said vehicle. Using the scrubbed version of the vehicle as material, you can craft any of the colourful design using pain.

v1.15 is out with Pink Motorcycle and Green Camo Jeep.

spacer.png

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v2.3 (Alpha 20)