PaintJob v2.3 (Alpha 20)

Ericbeaudoin

spacer.png

Are you tired of driving the exact same Jeep as you friend? Do you want to pimp your ride? PaintJob is for you! This mod add recipes that allow you to change the colour of your ride.

PaintJob allows you to change the skins of bicycles, minibikes, motorcycles, and jeeps. You first need to get a vehicle the normal way (you build it or buy from the traders). You can then use that vehicle as an ingredient to craft a different looking version. The changes are purely cosmetic, all the in-game stats and behaviours remain unchanged.

For the motorcycles, you can also change the configuration and remove the spikes, the shield or the hood.

Important: this mod need to be install on the server and on every player's PC.

Release Notes v2.3

Download v2.3

To see all my mods

2.3: Operation Foot-job
    - Reworked the foot place for motorcycle and 4x4 (feet are no longer hanging under the Jeep)
    - Lower the number of vertices for the motorcycle's taillight (I don't think anyone will notice)

2.2: Bug fixes
    - Patrol Gaming 4x4 doesn't have the right skin
    - Original 4x4 has two windshields
    - Yellow bicycle cannot be picked-up or ridden (missing vehicle entity)

2.1: Remove the code that prevent Dye usage on vehicle
    - I haven't found a way to remove this only for my vehicle but I'm removing it so that PaintJob plays well with other mods
    - Also reworked the labels in Localization.txt

2.0: Make it work with Alpha 20
    - By default, the game will spawn the White version of the vehicles
    - Added back the Alpha 19 skins
    - Flat rate of 5 paints to change from a skin to another
    - Remove the need for Grain Alcohol (no longer exists in the game) 
    - Prevent dye from being applied to vehicles
1.18: Design and tail-light tweaks
    - Played with the blue 4x4 design

spacer.png
    - Fuddled with the tail-lights lighting

v1.17: Blue Thunder + Homage to Noctua

- New blue 4x4 design with wolves and lightning
    - New brown and tan motorcycle
    spacer.png
    - The jeeps and motorcycles tail-lights new now actually emit light when on
    - Touch-up all the motorcycles' trunk straps to make them look better
    - Remove old code used for backward compatibility with *MotorcycleAlterations*

v1.16: 4x4 Texture overhaul

- Texture refactoring for the 4x4 (from 5 bitmaps to 2)

- Fix Green Camo texture (Be Bear Aware)

- Fix War3zUK texture (Scottish flag instead of the inverted Union flag)

- Little overhaul of the Spartan texture

- Complete overhaul of the red jeep

- Add a windshield to Miss Spartan's jeep

- Fix a clipping issue with the chain

v1.15: More designs

- Bubblegum Pink Motorcycle (for MaryB)

- Green Camo Jeep

v1.14: Minibikes
    - Minibikes available in orange (original colour), black, blue, green, piink, red, teal, white, and yellow
    - Remove acid from the recipes
    - Cut down textures size from 2K down to 1K for everything but the Jeeps

v.1.13 Back in Black

- Black and Red motorcycle
    - Black bycicle    
    - Integrated MotorcycleAlterations
v1.12 Bicycles and motorcycles!
          Just like the jeeps, you need to get the vanilla bicycle or motorcycle the usual when and then

you'll have access to new recipes to scrub it and paint it.

Compatible with MotorcycleAlterations. You probably want to use both mods.

v1.11 Fix wobble wheel for the UK jeeps. (At first I though it was mormal that the left side of the road was more bumpy then the right side. Apparently not... 🙂 )

v1.10 New War3zUK Very Black Jeep. It came to my attention that UK also have crazy driving habits. They might actually be the originators of 
      the whole darn thing.

v1.9: Add the missing unity3D file required for the Patrol jeep (sorry everyone, my bad)

v1.8: New Patrol Silver and Blue Jeep. Everything alive in Australia can kill you, including people that drive on the wrong side of the road :-).
        Fix an issue with windshield texture

v1.7: Fix problems reported in this forum (thanks guys!)

v1.6: Fix a hole in the mesh, move the steering wheel forward

v1.5: Add Pink Rider

V1.4: Add the missing HUD sprites for the Jeeps

Edited by Ericbeaudoin
New Version of the mod. (see edit history)

Hi, i'd like to use your mod, but I get some errors when I try to play. You know a solution?

Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/PaintJob/Resources/NewByke.unity3d

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VirtualFileSystem/ArchiveFileSystem/ArchiveStorageReader.cpp Line: 587)

2020-06-30T20:07:10 40.829 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods\PaintJob/Resources/NewByke.unity3d" failed!
2020-06-30T20:07:10 41.081 INF Item IDs with mapping
2020-06-30T20:07:10 41.081 INF ItemIDs from Mapping
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader
Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/PaintJob/Resources/NewByke.unity3d

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VirtualFileSystem/ArchiveFileSystem/ArchiveStorageReader.cpp Line: 587)

2020-06-30T20:07:12 43.031 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods\PaintJob/Resources/NewByke.unity3d" failed!
2020-06-30T20:07:12 43.031 ERR Could not load file '#@modfolder(PaintJob):Resources/NewByke.unity3d?Motorcycle_test' for entity_class 'pjVehicleMotorcycleTest'

1 hour ago, GunMuse said:

dumb question but HOW do i use the mod its installed on my computer and uploaded to the dedicated server.  tried adding die but to no avail what is the special method to get the pimped out ride.

I pulled them up using the CM menu but are there recipes for the public to use as I installed this on a public dedicated server?

There are no dumb  question, just me being bad at documentation 🙂

You need to first get yourself the normal in game 4x4 Jeep. Once you have it, you can use a recipe to scrub it using Acid and Alcohol. It makes the Jeep using the White skin. From there, you have access to extra recipes that use paint to select one of the other colour design.

I guess I should stop being lazy and do an in game video to show how it works...

A19 upped the max speed of trucks to 14m/s and seems to have removed all of the parent properties from the components. This is not reflected in the A19 version of this mod.

Beautiful work on these, tho! If I could make any request, it'd be to darken the blue a little. :)

Thanks!

3 hours ago, MrGrim said:

A19 upped the max speed of trucks to 14m/s and seems to have removed all of the parent properties from the components. This is not reflected in the A19 version of this mod.

Beautiful work on these, tho! If I could make any request, it'd be to darken the blue a little. :)

Thanks!

I didn't notice the change. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look into it and published a new version. I guess I was lazy since the vehicle objects cannot use the extend property and we have to copy everything.

Thanks! There's one other thing we've noticed on the server we're playing on. Something was done in A19, maybe regarding the vehicle hitboxes, to make them less destructive to blocks being driven over. Sadly, after only one night of playing with the new 4x4's, we've already destroyed 2 bridges that have survived over a week with the vanilla 4x4.

I tried to find a cause in the XML, but I don't think it's there. It must be in the assets. Unfortunately, my experience with modding ends there, and I'm unable to dig any deeper.

I'll double check the collision boxes, but I'm copied all the values from the Fun Pimps' A19 4x4 asset when I rebuilt PaintJob for A19. Not sure what could be the cause (or the fix for it).

I'll release a version with the update A19 vehicle properties as soon as I have time to test it properly.

I only found 2 issues, The pink ride micro icon isn't there so its invisible in the bags,  The vehicles are not responding to changes in vehicles.xml for a default truck.  I modified speed, fuel capacity and fuel mileage for the vehicles is there a similar file in the mod i need to adjust to reflect that.  

Can't wait for the motorcycle release.

Why are 7D2D mods not in the dlc's so they can be subscribed to and kept up to date?  Or have I just be unable to find them.   I am trying to bring my bigger audience over to the game some of the little things that we do naturally over time need to be automated for a bigger crowd.

@MrGrim v1.7 has the fix for the speed. I've also removed the Spike collider. That should help for the bridges. Note that I did the Blue Jeep colliders a bit different then the others. Let me know if better or worse than the other bridge wise.

@GunMuse I've added the missing icon in v1.7. Each vehicles in the game require their own entry in the Vehicles.xml file. Even though they look like just a texture job, each jeep is actually a separate entity in the game so they each require their own version of <vehicule> entry. You will have to change the Vehicules.xml in the mod for each Jeep (there is no way to inherit the value from the base entry 😞 ). You could also do it with a mod  and a bit of XPATH so long as it loads after PaintJob.

Thank you guys for reporting the problems that you find.

5 hours ago, CyrusBlaze said:

Love this! Will come in handy once i get my server up and running.

Any chance you can do the same with the other vehicles? (motorcycles especially)

It's on the to do list, but it's quite tedious. I need to isolate the part of the texture file that needs to be coloured. It's a very tedious work which might explain why I'm dragging my feet. You can use my MotorcycleAlterations mod. It allows a model variation instead of a colour one but it should be helpful on MP server.

On 7/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, Ericbeaudoin said:

There are no dumb  question, just me being bad at documentation 🙂

You need to first get yourself the normal in game 4x4 Jeep. Once you have it, you can use a recipe to scrub it using Acid and Alcohol. It makes the Jeep using the White skin. From there, you have access to extra recipes that use paint to select one of the other colour design.

I guess I should stop being lazy and do an in game video to show how it works...

HELLO still confused how can i see the recipe that u are talking about ? acid and alcohol? wym how to do this thanks man

6 hours ago, dodoriax said:

HELLO still confused how can i see the recipe that u are talking about ? acid and alcohol? wym how to do this thanks man

You select the normal Jeep in your inventory and press the Recipes button.image.thumb.png.9ee955199dae09832cab130ed7cd077b.pngimage.thumb.png.5446ccd39d35fdef554a4591052be288.png

Once you have the scrubbed Jeep in your inventory, you'll have access to the other recipes.

You can also search for "4x4" and you will see all the recipes in one go.

image.thumb.png.11df5671851f533eaff47afccca4a360.png

9 hours ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

You select the normal Jeep in your inventory and press the Recipes button.image.thumb.png.9ee955199dae09832cab130ed7cd077b.pngimage.thumb.png.5446ccd39d35fdef554a4591052be288.png

Once you have the scrubbed Jeep in your inventory, you'll have access to the other recipes.

You can also search for "4x4" and you will see all the recipes in one go.

image.thumb.png.11df5671851f533eaff47afccca4a360.png

got it now man thanks and sorry for the trouble ! the players on my server are very happy now thank you master sensei !

(hope u add for motorcycles too) !!

Single player new game, rwg map, latest paint job version (comes up on console as paintjob 1.8)

Unable to open archive file: E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/PaintJob/Resources/pjJeepsUK.unity3d

2020-07-19T18:57:56 63.760 ERR Loading AssetBundle "E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\PaintJob/Resources/pjJeepsUK.unity3d" failed!
Unable to open archive file: E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/PaintJob/Resources/pjJeepsUK.unity3d

2020-07-19T18:57:56 63.760 ERR Loading AssetBundle "E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\PaintJob/Resources/pjJeepsUK.unity3d" failed!

2 hours ago, Finch55 said:

Single player new game, rwg map, latest paint job version (comes up on console as paintjob 1.8)

Same here - although it's only an issue with the "UK" and "silver and blue" variants. 

The unity resource file is missing from the mod folder.

Do you take requests for paint jobs? Such as Aus Green and Gold (primary Green Secondary Gold) for the jeep you drive on the "wrong" side of the road lol.

@nil0 "Important: For this mod to work properly, it needs to be installed on the server and every player’s computer."

Edited by Finch55
typo's (see edit history)

@Finch55 I generally suck at creating graphic design. This is the part that takes me the most effort and bring about the most frustration. That said, I like ideas, it does help me get started. If you can get me the exact green and gold you are talking about (hex codes), and link a few exemples of what you are thinking about (doesn't need to be a Jeep), that helps a lot. I'll put this on the to do list but I make no promises. I should probably work on the motorcycles first...

If you want, you can also try your hand at making a skin. I've uploaded the Gimp file that I use on the GitHub repo. If you make a skin and I like it, it will be very easy for me to add a new Jeep design to the mod.

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v2.3 (Alpha 20)