PaintJob v2.3 (Alpha 20)

Ericbeaudoin

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to use this mod with my girl, we both have it installed in our pcs, no errors given at the console but there is no recipe option when selecting the jeep in our inventories, there isn't any new recipes either, we're using the latest alpha. 

What's wrong? Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Have you considered purple vehicles? My cousin and I tend to color coordinate with our outfits. Lol. I'm always in black and red, so I'm solid, but she's black and purple, so she's pretty bummed her vehicles don't match her clothes.

Alternatively, I'd also be down to try my hand at modding her some purple vehicles if you could point me in the right direction. (I'm pretty new to editing xml and whatnot)

On 3/25/2021 at 6:17 PM, GoatBoySteve said:

Have you considered purple vehicles? My cousin and I tend to color coordinate with our outfits. Lol. I'm always in black and red, so I'm solid, but she's black and purple, so she's pretty bummed her vehicles don't match her clothes.

Alternatively, I'd also be down to try my hand at modding her some purple vehicles if you could point me in the right direction. (I'm pretty new to editing xml and whatnot)

The Patrol Gaming one is based on a Purple design. I have no plan for a second purple one at this time. The workflow to create a new 3d vehicle asset is not exactly straightforward and since Vehicle will see some love in A20, it might be possible use in game mod to order to change the look at that time. For sure, it will be possible to tint them just like the weapons and tools. There is a good chance that PaintJob will stop working so I would not suggest investing time in new 4x4 variation at this point.

If you want to know how to extract the asset from the game, modify them, created a new asset based on it, and create a mod to use it, I would suggest Guppy's Discord channel and Xyth YouTube channel. That's basically where I got all the information I used.

Edited by Ericbeaudoin
Grammar and spelling are hard (see edit history)

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v1.17 (Alpha 19)

Version 1.17 has been release

- New blue 4x4 design with wolves and lightning
    spacer.png
    - New brown and tan motorcycle
    spacer.png
    - The jeeps and motorcycles tail-lights new now actually emit light when on
    - Touch-up all the motorcycles' trunk straps to make them look better
    - Remove old code used for backward compatibility with MotorcycleAlterations

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v1.18 (Alpha 19)
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just downloaded this mod, and when i start my dedicated server, I get this errors.

"2021-11-01T20:58:04 28.426 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
Exception: Class 'BlockClaimAutoRepair, Harmony-ClaimAutoRepair' not found on block ocbBlockClaimAutoRepair!
2021-11-01T20:58:10 34.230 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed
Exception: Unknown block name 'wallTorchLightPlayer' in use_action!
2021-11-01T20:58:11 35.079 INF Item IDs with mapping
2021-11-01T20:58:11 35.079 INF ItemIDs from Mapping
HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.
2021-11-01T20:58:14 38.216 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed
Exception: No item/block with name 'resourceMilitaryFiber' existing
2021-11-01T20:58:15 39.217 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed
Exception: Item with name 'qc_silenceofthelambs' not found!
2021-11-01T20:58:21 45.177 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'traders.xml' failed
Exception: Item with name 'apparelBandana' not found!
2021-11-01T20:58:27 51.696 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'biomes.xml' failed
Exception: Block with name 'terrSnow' not found!"

Is there missing some files??

I play 7days2die version 19.6 (b8)

Hope to get to use this mod 🙂

Edited by Majorkrabbe (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 4:06 PM, Majorkrabbe said:

I have just downloaded this mod, and when i start my dedicated server, I get this errors.

<snip />

Is there missing some files??

I play 7days2die version 19.6 (b8)

Hope to get to use this mod 🙂

Hello Major, I answered in Private chat. Sorry I didn't see you message before.

The error log you pasted is either incomplete or the problem is not with PaintJob. PaintJob doesn't modify blocks.xml. There might be other errors before that one. You can find the .log file in hte 7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data folder.

If you can, attach the .log file so I can have a look.

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v2.1 (Alpha 20)
21 hours ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

New version compatible with Alpha 20, see first post for details.

simple question: why in items 4x4 is as extend to minibike instead of 4x4?

btw, as i looked, you tried to remove paints from vehicles.. did you tried just simply not adding "canHaveCosmetic" tag to yours?
well.. it doesnt matter, as its not paintable now anyway, but i still like to paint vehicles. also bicycles are little useless now in this mod, as the vanilla are colorable into more colors now

example 4x4 has this in items.xml:

<property name="Tags" value="vehicle,vengine,vfuel,vlight,vseat,canHaveCosmetic"/>

so adding this to yours may solve it too no?

<property name="Tags" value="vehicle,vengine,vfuel,vlight,vseat"/>
Edited by Cronosus (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Cronosus said:

simple question: why in items 4x4 is as extend to minibike instead of 4x4?

btw, as i looked, you tried to remove paints from vehicles.. did you tried just simply not adding "canHaveCosmetic" tag to yours?
well.. it doesnt matter, as its not paintable now anyway, but i still like to paint vehicles. also bicycles are little useless now in this mod, as the vanilla are colorable into more colors now

example 4x4 has this in items.xml:

<property name="Tags" value="vehicle,vengine,vfuel,vlight,vseat,canHaveCosmetic"/>

so adding this to yours may solve it too no?

<property name="Tags" value="vehicle,vengine,vfuel,vlight,vseat"/>

I am already doing that but it doesn't have any effect on the ability to mod the the Dye and that's why I did the change directly to the item_modifier.xml. So far as I can see, the only effect it has in game is that when you find a truck at the trader or when you spawn one with F6, there is no change to get random dye already present on the vehicle.

<item name="vehicle4x4TruckPlaceable">
	<property name="Extends" value="vehicleMinibikePlaceable" />
	<property name="Tags" value="vehicle,vengine,vfuel,vlight,vseat"><!--Attribute "value" added/overwritten by: "PaintJob"--></property>
	<property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder(PaintJob):Resources/pjJeeps.unity3d?var_Jeep_white"><!--Attribute "value" added/overwritten by: "PaintJob"--></property>
    <!-- ... -->
</item>

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v2.2 (Alpha 20)
  • Ericbeaudoin changed the title to PaintJob v2.3 (Alpha 20)
13 hours ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

2.3: Operation Foot-job
    - Reworked the foot place for motorcycle and 4x4 (feet are no longer hanging under the Jeep)
    - Lower the number of vertices for the motorcycle's taillight (I don't think anyone will notice)

what a shame, no more Flinstones ridding :D 

btw, i played little bit with this mod configs, and found that vehicles are completely undyeable, even if i enable dyes, i still cannot dye them.
as i like changes on motorcycles and 4x4 you made, then i tried to use those models, it was futile. :D 

i wanted to be able to dye atleast "white" vehicles, as i think those vehicles (except those marked as "original" or have own texture) could be simply left for coloring with dyes and player have thus more options. Its ironic that "Paintjob" mod reduces painting options. :D 
(that way some colored minibikes and motorcycles could be simply removed, and same for bicycles, as they're basically the same as vanilla ones)

Edited by Cronosus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Cronosus said:

what a shame, no more Flinstones ridding :D 

btw, i played little bit with this mod configs, and found that vehicles are completely undyeable, even if i enable dyes, i still cannot dye them.
as i like changes on motorcycles and 4x4 you made, then i tried to use those models, it was futile. :D 

i wanted to be able to dye atleast "white" vehicles, as i think those vehicles (except those marked as "original" or have own texture) could be simply left for coloring with dyes and player have thus more options. Its ironic that "Paintjob" mod reduces painting options. :D 
(that way some colored minibikes and motorcycles could be simply removed, and same for bicycles, as they're basically the same as vanilla ones)

Yea, my first goal was to get it working again. Restore the original bicycles would be easy, but for the rest, I have to retrofits the FunPims shaders and that not exactly trivial since all my model of variants of the base one. That may not look like it, but even the original models were modified and because of that, I can't just use the original side by side with the new one. I'll put this on the todo list though.