PaintJob v1.16 (Alpha 19)

Ericbeaudoin

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to use this mod with my girl, we both have it installed in our pcs, no errors given at the console but there is no recipe option when selecting the jeep in our inventories, there isn't any new recipes either, we're using the latest alpha. 

What's wrong? Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Have you considered purple vehicles? My cousin and I tend to color coordinate with our outfits. Lol. I'm always in black and red, so I'm solid, but she's black and purple, so she's pretty bummed her vehicles don't match her clothes.

Alternatively, I'd also be down to try my hand at modding her some purple vehicles if you could point me in the right direction. (I'm pretty new to editing xml and whatnot)

On 3/25/2021 at 6:17 PM, GoatBoySteve said:

Have you considered purple vehicles? My cousin and I tend to color coordinate with our outfits. Lol. I'm always in black and red, so I'm solid, but she's black and purple, so she's pretty bummed her vehicles don't match her clothes.

Alternatively, I'd also be down to try my hand at modding her some purple vehicles if you could point me in the right direction. (I'm pretty new to editing xml and whatnot)

The Patrol Gaming one if based on Purple. I had no plan for a second purple one at this time. The workflow to create a new 3d vehicle asset is not exactly straightforward and since Vehicle will see from love in A20, it might be possible use mod in order to change the look. They will had the ability to tint them. There is a good chance that PaintJob will stop working so I would not suggest investing time in new 4x4 variation at this point.

If you want to know how to extract the asset from the game, modify them, created a new asset based on it, and create a mod to use it, I would suggest Guppy's Discord channel and Xyth YouTube channel. That's basically where I got all the information I used.