Jump to content
Ericbeaudoin

PaintJob v1.16 (Alpha 19)

Recommended Posts

Here are the codes. I downloaded Gimp and had a look at your skin. wouldn't know where to start but I attempted to  colour replace the blue for  gold and the silver for green and thoroughly messed it up. I'll be looking into lessons on Gimp before I attempt it again lol.
 

National colours of Australia
Green	Gold
Pantone	348 C	116 C
RGB (Hex)	0–132–61 (#00843D)	255–205–0 (#FFCD00)
CMYK	100%–0%–54%–48%	0%–20%–100%–0%

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to say first off, I have used the "truck elevator" LOVE it. tysm... This mod will get me to use the 4x4 again XD also i've seen in the paint brush menu there is the camo texture would there be a way to use that to make a camo jeep? also how do you remove the "cow catcher" and brush guard from the jeep?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leigonaire762 I'm glad you like the mod. Not sure what the "truck elevator" is though. 

 

One of my friend has asked for a Camo version of the Jeep so it will probably happen. No promise as to when.

 

To remove the bars, chains, spikes, or to lower the shield down, I worked on the Jeep model in Blender and separate it in multiple objects. I imported that in Unity and the generate different versions of the Jeep with some of the objects turned-off. There is presently no way in game to dynamically turn those on and off. This means that for now, the physical model is bound the the texture you choose i.e. the War3zUK is the only one with the shield down and the Miss Spartan is the only one with spikes, chains, and shield removed.

 

I'm looking for a way to use triggers to turn objects off in game, but I don't know that it is possible for the vehicle entities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any plans to do that for other vehicles as well ? We are tired of having 3 yellow bikes followed by 3 grey motorcycles... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beHypE said:

Are there any plans to do that for other vehicles as well ? We are tired of having 3 yellow bikes followed by 3 grey motorcycles... ;)

Plans yes. No firm date on when I will have the time to do it. The motocycle base work is done. Now I need to come up with new texture and I'm pretty bad at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, Finch55 said:

Here are the codes. I downloaded Gimp and had a look at your skin. wouldn't know where to start but I attempted to  colour replace the blue for  gold and the silver for green and thoroughly messed it up. I'll be looking into lessons on Gimp before I attempt it again lol.
 


National colours of Australia
Green	Gold
Pantone	348 C	116 C
RGB (Hex)	0–132–61 (#00843D)	255–205–0 (#FFCD00)
CMYK	100%–0%–54%–48%	0%–20%–100%–0%

 

I'll give it a go when I have time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bicycles and motorcycles are now included in version v1.12 (see first post for details).

 

@Finch55 I didn't do a Jeep, but I did a motorcycle with the Australian Green and Yellow.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

Bicycles and motorcycles are now included in version v1.12 (see first post for details).

 

Dude... Awesome work!

A personal request, if I might? Any chance of a black and red motorcycle? Same pattern as the green/gold would work quite well I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the mod, thank you for the work. Question though? Our server also run Harry's Vehicle Mods(https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887) and the two aren't compatible, players basically choose to spruce up the outside or inside of their vehicles, can't do both. Is there anything you know of that we could do to sort this out? If not, we still appreciate the work you put in and will continue to use your mod as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RazorEye said:

Love the mod, thank you for the work. Question though? Our server also run Harry's Vehicle Mods(https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887) and the two aren't compatible, players basically choose to spruce up the outside or inside of their vehicles, can't do both. Is there anything you know of that we could do to sort this out? If not, we still appreciate the work you put in and will continue to use your mod as well.

Try this, RazorEye - Should solve it (works on SP/CO-OP just fine)

 

 

zzHarrysPaintjob1.2Compatability.zip

Edited by FreakUK (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, FreakUK said:

Try this, RazorEye - Should solve it (works on SP/CO-OP just fine)

 

 

zzHarrysPaintjob1.2Compatability.zip 1.34 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this @FreakUK. I don't use Harry's Vehicle mod so it would have been very hard for me to fix it.

 

I like the idea of a Black and Red motorcycle so it will probably happen :-).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 4:33 AM, Ericbeaudoin said:

Bicycles and motorcycles are now included in version v1.12 (see first post for details).

 

@Finch55 I didn't do a Jeep, but I did a motorcycle with the Australian Green and Yellow.

Haha, MC, even better. Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice ! Will definitely install before we play our next session :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Alpha 19 Stable / PaintJob v1.14
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]" 
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe/ingredient[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]/.." 

Edited by beware14 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, beware14 said:

Alpha 19 Stable / PaintJob v1.14
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]" 
WRN XML patch for "recipes.xml" from mod "PaintJob" did not apply: <remove xpath="//recipe/ingredient[contains(@name,'maVehicleMotorcycle')]/.." 

You can ignore that - it's there just to make sure there are no mod conflicts with the Motorcycle Alterations mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FreakUK said:

You can ignore that - it's there just to make sure there are no mod conflicts with the Motorcycle Alterations mod.

It is exactly that. I advice not loading MotorcycleVariations if you are using PaintJob, but I wanted to make sure that there would be no conflict.

 

At some point, I'll probably remove this. I just need to change the name space in a way that will not affect save games i.e. if you already have a motorcycle and you update the mod, I don't want you save game to throw red errors messages and you have lose the motorcycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I think I have the mod installed correctly since I can now apply dye to my motorcycle but how do I choose between the different models? Or is this done during the crafting stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 12:01 PM, Deathmetall said:

Hello, I think I have the mod installed correctly since I can now apply dye to my motorcycle but how do I choose between the different models? Or is this done during the crafting stage?

Just saw your message. You need to craft the original vehicle. Using it as a material, you can craft using alcohol a scrubbed version of said vehicle. Using the scrubbed version of the vehicle as material, you can craft any of the colourful design using pain.

 

 

v1.15 is out with Pink Motorcycle and Green Camo Jeep.

spacer.png

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...