Jump to content
TheHippo

Unable to save level prefab editor

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

So I've been building a prefab, and when I go to save my work, it says there was an error saving, and the specific message im attaching to the post. I'm not sure how to fix this, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

15933692664836669488323076688099.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are you trying to edit/save a vanilla POI?  I think you cant do that while EAC is enabled.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Are you trying to edit/save a vanilla POI?  I think you cant do that while EAC is enabled.

No I was trying to make a new one to make my own. Just some testing and messing around, but i got that save error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheHippo said:

No I was trying to make a new one to make my own. Just some testing and messing around, but i got that save error

Reason I asked is because the name of the prefab in the error was "aaa_sleeper....." which is usually the way developer prefabs are named.

 

Try naming it something else to see if that makes any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Reason I asked is because the name of the prefab in the error was "aaa_sleeper....." which is usually the way developer prefabs are named.

 

Try naming it something else to see if that makes any difference.

What would I be renaming? As in where should I go to do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres a link to a youtube video series on how to use the prefab editor.  I have linked to a spot in his first video where you can see the "Create New Prefab" button.  You want to make sure you do that first instead of trying to edit an existing vanilla prefab.  When you attempt to save your creation, it should prompt you to enter in a name to save it as.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TH

7 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Heres a link to a youtube video series on how to use the prefab editor.  I have linked to a spot in his first video where you can see the "Create New Prefab" button.  You want to make sure you do that first instead of trying to edit an existing vanilla prefab.  When you attempt to save your creation, it should prompt you to enter in a name to save it as.

 

 

Thank you so much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHippo said:

TH

Thank you so much!!

Your welcome, I highly recommend the entire series.  He explains things really well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...