Y’all noticed they can make money off of their trash graphic console game if they update it? Been thinking about that a lot

Zombi6261

Gotta love it am I right? I can see that if they upgraded the console version. Since their game has gone gold like they said they wanted. Let’s start working on console. You can make so much money off of an actual smoothly running game on console

2 hours ago, Harbinger82 said:

While that is true, they haven’t even attempted to port anything since regaining control over the console version, even after acknowledging they still had an active player count, people paid for the game, they need to start updating it.

Again, read the other threads on this where myself and others have explained it already. Read the Blog again. There is no point in dumping literal millions of dollars into something for next to zero return. Especially for a small indie developer who is still trying to actually finish developing their own game.

Oh, and just to add to this a little more. You know Telltale games?  The company that actually pushed the console version? The ones that funded the development of the console version and made buckets of money on it?

Well guess why they went bankrupt?  Because they weren't making money on it.  They only really made money on the first Walking Dead title, and MineCraft Story Mode. Everything else was a loss, and they were using funding from the Walking Dead licenses to stay afloat most of the time.

Now go place your anger where it belongs, and accept the fact that TellTale @%$*#!ed you over, and is the reason you aren't getting another update. Then you can stop blaming TFP for something they aren't responsible for. And maybe look forward to seeing what will happen in the future instead of being a salty and ill-informed.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Soon they'll be too broke to update the pc version as well.

Oh, nice attitude. Because you didn't inform about you are buying a final version of a game and just assumed it would be the same as on PC, now you want to ruin it for the PC players too?

End btw. a lawsuit might become interesting, because like Sylenthunder explained you have to sue Telltale, and they are not existing anymore.

Imagine having trouble with a Star Wars game, you have to deal with Electronic Arts, because they bought the Star Wars license from Disney and made the game. You can't sue Disney just because Electronic Arts messed up a game.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

For any console players who were ripped off, there is a class action lawsuit you can sign up to participate in.

Actually there isn't.

Why do you folks insist in telling lies to support your argument? Why can't you just face the goddamn truth and be a freaking adult?

At best there was a petition to get TellTale to give the rights back to The Fun Pimps for the console version. Instead the rights were sold at auction, and it cost TFP several million dollars to get those rights back. Rights that they needed to continue something for the console in the future. TFP has more than shown that they are dedicated. You are just too @%$*#!ing blind to see it.

6 hours ago, Harbinger82 said:

While that is true, they haven’t even attempted to port anything since regaining control over the console version, even after acknowledging they still had an active player count, people paid for the game, they need to start updating it.

You are right, people paid for the game. Not for a service subscription, hopefully not for promises from a company that folded, they paid for a game as is. How many hours did you play the game? Can you honestly say you didn't get your moneys worth out of the game?

For a time there seemed to be a hope even inside TFP the game could get another update but after a costly law suit and auction and an evaluation of the situation that vanished. I don't even blame Telltale for making it expensive for TFP to buy out the rights, because at that time I assume a court-appointed lawyer was head of the company with one task only: To pay back as much as possible to debtors of the company.

We can't see TFP's attempts from outside. Did they talk to people with console experience? Did they read the rules the console companies set up for updates to the games on their platform? I assume they did. And I assume they would have done anything that is somewhat reasonable to do to get on the good side of console players. I assume because they do that on the PC side.

Does it seem easy and cheap for you to get out a patch for the console version, for example to fix that xbox savegame bug? Probably yes, from our point (with movies showing how easy it is to hack the pentagon or reprogram a robot in a minute) what could be the problem? But even on the PC version people still get their saves corrupted. The reason is that it isn't possible for a voxel world to keep its complete state in memory like other games do it. So the savegame isn't a conventional file you save to disk every 2 hours, it is constantly written to as you change the world, the RAM is just a cache for it. Any interrupted write to it could potentially generate a problem in the savegame. So in the general case (even on PC) this is still an unsolved problem.

What do you count as an attempt? Since they themselves have absolutely no console experience and all hands full with a PC version to finish, the only attempt you could really see from outside would be if they hired another developer like IG. Once they do that it changes from an attempt to something where they have to seriously dump lots of money into it. No sensible company does this without first checking if the chances for such an endeavour are even working out. "Attempting" in reality means evaluating the costs and then saying either "We can do it" or "We can't, it doesn't work out".  Companies who just go ahead and dump money into endeavours without running the numbers usually end up before a bancruptcy court.

12 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

The petition probably will fail because most console players forgot about notfun pimps long ago. After reading some of the PC players' reviews and complaints, i doubt they will be around after the next gen consoles launch anyway. I just hate it when someone sells broken, half finished products with excuses instead of just saying they suck at console games. (and according to some of you, pc games as well)  "it's an Indie game" is not a good excuse. A turd is a turd. It doesn't matter who laid it or why it smells the way it does. It's still just crap. I'm not the only one who thinks that way either. Just type "7 days to die" into a google search (not capitalized because i put the same amount of effort into typing as the notfun hoes put into making their games) You find MANY negative articles and just a few fan boys trying to defend it. Just like on the community page apparently.

A turd that gets played for hundreds of hours by many players. Wish other games were such good turds. 😉

If your opinion is that it and TFP is crap why do you want further development, why are you even here? Crappy game will still be a crappy game if a crappy company creates a crappy patch.

I made a mistake and googled for some other game instead of '7 days to die'. Oh wow, many negative articles and just a few fan boys 😁

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

That's ok, don't bother updating. After ripping everyone off, the fun pimps are finished on all consoles anyway. For any console players who were ripped off, there is a class action lawsuit you can sign up to participate in. Soon they'll be too broke to update the pc version as well.

Hi Ahya, I understand where your coming from.  Traditionally, console games were fully developed games from beginning to end.  We now live in a time where some Early access games can be considered to have enough features to sell as a final product on consoles.

Being an older gamer, this was quite a shock to me when I first learned about it.  I mean, how can someone package up a game still in development and sell it as complete?

In reality, 7d2d has enough content in to be a complete game for some time now.  Even more so because it is a open world minecraft/tower defense type game...

If there was anywhere to be faulted in this whole mess was in their decision to believe that Taletelle would be able to successfully release and support their IP on consoles WHILE they themselves were still developing 7d2d on PC.

They definitely have paid for that decision in spades with money and reputation.  The good news however is they did successfully get their game rights back for consoles.  Given the rarity of games like 7d2d on console, this is hopefully a positive thing for console gamers as these types of games are a rarity.

From one gamer to another, I hope that time heals the burn and you would consider trying the game again on console should the devs successfully do it right the 2nd time around...

So much hate coming from both side.. 

first thing first it is only a game, a bloody good game but only a game, I am sure it won’t be to long before you can play PC version on the console as technology moves forward you can already play it on GeForce Now with the most basic computer, here’s hoping if a new version is not coming out on the next gen consoles some sort of deal can be reached so consoles can play the pc version instead. 

but let’s drop the bitterness on all sides, no one is going to come out of this the winning side

On 6/26/2020 at 1:36 PM, Zombi6261 said:

Gotta love it am I right? I can see that if they upgraded the console version. Since their game has gone gold like they said they wanted. Let’s start working on console. You can make so much money off of an actual smoothly running game on console

Just so you understand, the game hasn't gone gold yet. The current update is called "Alpha 19" making it the 19th major update in development. There will probably be two more of these major updates with each cycle lasting approximately 6 months and then a short period of time finalizing and polishing things up and THEN the game will go gold. So we are looking at Christmas time 2021 before they even begin to think about console ports again.

Even once they are ready, they won't do the port themselves because they never have been nor never plan to be a console development studio. They will have to find a console publishing partner and negotiate terms and all that legal stuff before any work can begin. So 2022 is the soonest reasonable timeframe for console to see new content and by that time the next generation of consoles will be out and it would only make sense to do the whole game for those consoles rather than patch a version for a dead system.

Now, even if the game does eventually get ported in its entirety you should understand that it will not get indefinite and forever continuing updates. At some point the game will settle into its final state and remain that way forever

That phenomenon has already happened for the current console game.

2 hours ago, Twistedfate said:

So much hate coming from both side..

I do not "hate". However there is thick fat sticky banner in the console forums. But obviously people can't or won't read (not to say console players are not able to use an internet forum (no pun intended... but... ok, it is somehow ;))

There is about like 3 new people per day that post the same over and over again. And they are consultation resistant. On the one hand it's somehow entertaining to read such threads, but on the other it becomes really anoying.

They are not complaining, they are just ranting. There was no single valuable "discussion" since months...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 5:15 PM, SylenThunder said:

Current consoles aren't capable of running the current PC version of the game. Much less smoothly.

You might try working on educating yourself in the reality of things. There's plenty of information on it right here in recent threads.

Please be more polite. I get you've likely had to absorb a lot of anger from customers who thought they were getting one thing only to find out it was something different and that has caused friction, but manners cost nothing and could help TFP keep customers going into the next console gen.

Especially important as TFP is going to ask the console players to spend full price to buy this game again, for something PC players are getting for free.

On 6/27/2020 at 3:08 AM, SylenThunder said:

Again, read the other threads on this where myself and others have explained it already. Read the Blog again. There is no point in dumping literal millions of dollars into something for next to zero return. Especially for a small indie developer who is still trying to actually finish developing their own game.

Oh, and just to add to this a little more. You know Telltale games?  The company that actually pushed the console version? The ones that funded the development of the console version and made buckets of money on it?

Well guess why they went bankrupt?  Because they weren't making money on it.  They only really made money on the first Walking Dead title, and MineCraft Story Mode. Everything else was a loss, and they were using funding from the Walking Dead licenses to stay afloat most of the time.

Now go place your anger where it belongs, and accept the fact that TellTale @%$*#!ed you over, and is the reason you aren't getting another update. Then you can stop blaming TFP for something they aren't responsible for. And maybe look forward to seeing what will happen in the future instead of being a salty and ill-informed.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:47 PM, Roland said:

Just so you understand, the game hasn't gone gold yet. The current update is called "Alpha 19" making it the 19th major update in development. There will probably be two more of these major updates with each cycle lasting approximately 6 months and then a short period of time finalizing and polishing things up and THEN the game will go gold. So we are looking at Christmas time 2021 before they even begin to think about console ports again.

Even once they are ready, they won't do the port themselves because they never have been nor never plan to be a console development studio. They will have to find a console publishing partner and negotiate terms and all that legal stuff before any work can begin. So 2022 is the soonest reasonable timeframe for console to see new content and by that time the next generation of consoles will be out and it would only make sense to do the whole game for those consoles rather than patch a version for a dead system.

Now, even if the game does eventually get ported in its entirety you should understand that it will not get indefinite and forever continuing updates. At some point the game will settle into its final state and remain that way forever

That phenomenon has already happened for the current console game.

Not only that, but the Xbox One and PS4 aren't just "dead consoles" but consoles incompatible with the current builds of 7 Days to Die. They physically cannot run them. Even IF TFP suddenly got a few million dollars and hired a new company to create a console version.... Consoles would get alpha 16 at the best, and nothing else. Even then some things in alpha 16 wouldn't function on consoles. Only way we're seeing a console update is a re-release after the game goes gold for PS5 and Xbox Series X.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, Liesel Weppen said:

I do not "hate". However there is thick fat sticky banner in the console forums. But obviously people can't or won't read (not to say console players are not able to use an internet forum (no pun intended... but... ok, it is somehow ;))

There is about like 3 new people per day that post the same over and over again. And they are consultation resistant. On the one hand it's somehow entertaining to read such threads, but on the other it becomes really anoying.

They are not complaining, they are just ranting. There was no single valuable "discussion" since months...

There's this man on Twitter, who was told every single day why console can no longer be supported, and he continues to, every post, on the PC Twitter, to scream about how consoles were F'd over and that The Fun Pimps have no honor, are greedy, etc. I've told him myself at least 6 times, lol. "Even if they wanted to update it, it's physically impossible to at this point, as current gen consoles are incompatible with anything beyond alpha 16." But still they persist. "You ripped us off, do something about it or else!" 

Archived