Alpha 19 Streamer Weekend

Hated

I won't go to see any of those streamers weekend except those who belong to The Fun Pimps Team.

Why ? Do you didn't notice what you created with that ?

You only created some streamers to come back 2 days before A19 replaying A18 to recall their viewers and focussing on 7 Days To Die. Their goal isn't to promote 7DTD all year, just to be present during each major update and get exclusivity to stream a lot during this week to grow hard their channel. Their content are weak.

It's very bad to allow streaming to those channels. They aren't expert about 7DTD, they play only to grow their channel and ignore you after 2 months because intererst to stream 7DTD for them is only when viewers are curious at begining of each major update.

To become streamer weekend on Twich, you ask to have 5000 Followers at least. It's crazy bad idea.

I stream all year 7DTD. I master Insane with zombies waves x64 in Vanilla. I don't have 5000 Followers and i can't stream A19 this week.

I was classified 34000 on Twitch only streaming 7DTD. Since tons of bots cheating on Twitch to attrack streamers to pay to get more viewers and grow their channel, in 2 days i got declassified to 100000+. Now for legit streamer it's impossible to reach 5000 Followers without cheating. I saw too many time on stream some channels with for example 5000 viewers coming to see one streamer. The 5000 viewers are exclusive to this streamer. They didn't go each time to other channels. It's like they act like bots just to support this channel. Yes tons of streamers use cheating bots to grow their audience. So promoting only big channels is one most insane error you done all time on each major update.

I stream all year this game in french langage. We inspired tons of viewers and i can't stream A19, A20, A21, A22 just because i don't have 5000 Followers. I don't say thank you for that.

Who is real supporter from 7DTD ? Those who exploit 7DTD just at begining of each update or those who act all year to make this game great ?

Please contact me and change your mind about that. I would like to stream as well A19, A20, A21... Because i'am passionate about 7DTD and not because it's good for my channel.

This week and all other week during major update i won't see any of channels who have exclusivity to stream. I'ill support only official channels like Fubar_Prime Fubar_Prime - Twitch. Now i will acting every day to make official channels the best place for my viewers to watch 7DTD instead of leading them to all other channels with stream exclusivity who exist only to grow their channel and stream very bad content about 7DTD. I want Fubar President !!!

If you are serious, please contact me and allow me as streamer to promote your game no matter i reached 5000 Followers or not. Here are some creation i already done. I plan to do a lot to future. My channel is aPoCaLyPSe666NoW - Twitch

I want to become official streamer for your cause and not one to grow my channel. I don't care about business. We are real supporter to your game because we stream it all year, day by day, explaining for viewers all they need to know to play your game. I'am addicted by your game, is for me the best survival game. I have 5000 hours of playing. All is played legit without admin console or dev tools, no give in-game.

Thx to read that.Moria01.thumb.jpg.5425a5d5915feb2333c9e8fd96563f5b.jpg504591678_Multi4FJ101-104.thumb.jpg.746b6aec77531cd8de0770c288c78d73.jpg666.thumb.jpg.efbbcc962cf3d41aba5040b47fed73f7.jpgJ129.thumb.jpg.f88ab108045c913d2896645e7216c863.jpgJ95-99.thumb.jpg.4a05d242d3d3f41fbdf5de76f2e1861a.jpgPyramide1.thumb.gif.60c059aa54f3410883a644430d5a3dc2.gifPyramide2.thumb.jpg.e7bce5feaa7e8e114264d2ac8fcdfbd4.jpgJ117-120.thumb.jpg.d29e87355bfd21034e93b2f779a17f5d.jpg

3 hours ago, Aldranon said:

In one 3 hour sitting, I watched a streamer make around $500.

That's about the pay of a highly skilled computer consultant for a big company makes.

This gifted person was very good IMO at his "Job" and deserved the money.  

Should any streamer get the same amount of money as him???  Hell no!

Leading news should not receive their salaries.
Speakers should not receive their salaries.
Actors should not receive their salaries.
No one should receive a salary in addition to a computer consultant =)

7 hours ago, APoCaLyPSE666NoW said:

Their goal isn't to promote 7DTD all year, just to be present during each major update and get exclusivity to stream a lot during this week to grow hard their channel. Their content are weak.

We’re aware and it doesn’t bother us. We get exposure to audiences that are not typically exposed to 7 Days to Die and they get to grow their channel.

We wanted to include smaller channels instead of exclusively going with those who are obviously good and successful at what they do. To be safe we could change the minimum limit to 20k and only deal with larger channels but by going down to 5k we’ve been able to have a broader team without it growing into an unwieldy number like 300 streamers. And going below 5000 honestly would just make it easier and cheaper for more to cheat. 

We like variety streamers. We like people who are learning the game. The ideal streamer for us would be someone who has a million plus viewers who has never played but has a partner who is a veteran teaching and helping. THAT is going to open this game up to new avenues. 

This event is not a loyalty contest. 

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

We’re aware and it doesn’t bother us. We get exposure to audiences that are not typically exposed to 7 Days to Die and they get to grow their channel.

We wanted to include smaller channels instead of exclusively going with those who are obviously good and successful at what they do. To be safe we could change the minimum limit to 20k and only deal with larger channels but by going down to 5k we’ve been able to have a broader team without it growing into an unwieldy number like 300 streamers. And going below 5000 honestly would just make it easier and cheaper for more to cheat. 

We like variety streamers. We like people who are learning the game. The ideal streamer for us would be someone who has a million plus viewers who has never played but has a partner who is a veteran teaching and helping. THAT is going to open this game up to new avenues. 

Glad you have it at 5k because my friend DiandraD was able to stream it for A17, and I was on the stream with her and Beelzybub (you might know that name).

Sadly, DiandraD died of cancer last year, very sad! She would love Alpha 19, I know it.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

And some of us do play, record, stream and promote 7 days to die long after the streamer event ends. Some of us have been promoting and supporting since it was in kickstarter. Some of us don't expect a paycheck from TFP for promoting it, we just enjoy the game.

Maybe not all of us. But I can speak for myself and several other people in the streaming group that we are a part of it, because we love it and play it year-round.

3 hours ago, Capp00 said:

Some of us don't expect a paycheck from TFP for promoting it, we just enjoy the game.

Maybe not all of us. But I can speak for myself and several other people in the streaming group that we are a part of it, because we love it and play it year-round.

Cap, I appreciate the amount of work you put in to each series you do. You can tell that you enjoy the game and want to expose it to others, even if it doesn't result in money for you.

14 hours ago, Capp00 said:

And some of us do play, record, stream and promote 7 days to die long after the streamer event ends. Some of us have been promoting and supporting since it was in kickstarter. Some of us don't expect a paycheck from TFP for promoting it, we just enjoy the game.

Couldn't have said it better if i tried @Capp00 :) 👍

3 hours of streaming might also entail 5 hours of backoffice. Plus that might be a very active stream that day, and way less on others.

With those income numbers you dont get rich.

Alpha 19 (A19) Streamers  One_shot_GURL, EvanAndKatelyn, Dragoness_, AvaiaryLaw, SippyTango, Kismet, and TexCubSF did a wonderful job showcasing Alpha19. These streamers showed a lot of the new content. 

To the streamers whom decided to stop streaming to showcase themselves, whom streamed only 3 to 5 hours, and switch over to other topics of conversations other than A19, next time, please opt out  so another streamer can do a better job.  Suggest streamers:  Shugg and GREGSCOTTBAILEY 

Many thanks to the streamers whom showed us A19! The new look of A19 is most welcoming.  I can't wait to play!

36 minutes ago, Owlyx314 said:

Will the release afternoon be for an opt in experimental version or will it be an official stable release through normal download methods?

They will release the experimental version for everyone Monday they said. Remember you have to opt in for experimental builds when it becomes available. It's located on the beta tab when you look at  7 days to die properties in steam. Again, properties of 7 days to die in steam, go to beta tab, choose opt in for experimental builds. ( if you do NOT see opt in, that means not yet available. Just keep checking forums or the beta tab.)

13 hours ago, Roland said:

We’re aware and it doesn’t bother us.

<snip>

Sometimes I really don't like you. I'm trying to be nice as not to get banned here as well.

5 hours ago, Pepperjack said:

To the streamers whom decided to stop streaming to showcase themselves, whom streamed only 3 to 5 hours, and switch over to other topics of conversations other than A19, next time, please opt out  so another streamer can do a better job. 

You do know the number of streamers is not capped right? So opting out so someone else can get it is nonsense.

I read the topic and as an alpha 19 streamer im really annoyed. This weekend i stramed close to 30 hours to show the more i can in a normal gameplay.

I stream 7 days to die sometimes... not a dedicated streamer, have loads of games i like and stream sometimes one sometimes other. And now i read opinions about i dont have the rights to be here. Thanks to the Fun Pimps to give the access to channels not really big, thaks to the Fun Pimps to offer different points of play. I dont see any reasons for this posts.

They give a big window to sign to the alpha 19, all that have interest, read the forum sometimes had the option to apply.... where is the problem??? Even people like me without big resources have access to free servers... come on guys... this is rage for rage, they cant make something better.

Please dont go this toxic ways...  keep the Z as enemies and let the devs work with ilussion.  

18 hours ago, Roland said:

We’re aware and it doesn’t bother us.

All this does is make you look like jackasses who don't care about the people who play the game for fun, not for some stupid following on some random website.

If you know that this is seen unfavorably every time that you do it, it's clear that your intent is to give the middle finger to those who play the game regularly in favor of chasing flash-in-the-pan sales from a game that's constantly discounted on Steam, has mixed reviews as a result of the insane development time, and has been in alpha for longer than it takes people to graduate high school.

Thanks to all who participated this weekend. A big thanks to all the streamers who got the hype train moving. Thanks especially to those who may not have liked it but are still loyal in wanting us to be successful and bring the news of 7 Days to Die to ever more people. We appreciate your understanding. 

We hope everyone enjoys the update later today. 

• Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived