Edit History

JaxTeller718

JaxTeller718

19 hours ago, Damocles said:

TFP run a business with the goal of selling the game.

The streamers do a public promotion of the game for the weekend.

Players get it on monday when the developers can react to serious bugs.

simple as that.

Not as simple as that. Devs on usuallytwitch PAY streamers to stream their games for promotion. There are things called bounties as well. Where streamers who meet criteria are given access to promotional content and get paid for the viewers they acquire during said promotion. Only exception are indie devs and I dont think Pimps consider themselves idie devs with how many copies they have sold, or at least they shouldn't. They certainly dont speak like indie devs when talking about their game.

Look i get that this is the way things are done, but stop acting like this is the best way and its in the best interest of the streamer. I know enough medium sized streamers, and see enough of the bigger ones to understand and see how it works. I get that streamers are grateful for this opportunity but at the risk of drawing Fun Pimps ire these streamers are 100 percent underselling their value to them. Give it another year when the affiliate streamer program becomes more  understood by streamers and they will realize that devs who wish to promote should be compensating streamers for their brand and time.

This applies even more so if youre talking about it being a business. Yeah its a business but the only party thats benefiting from this business opportunity are the devs. The streamers themselves come with the built in audience.

JaxTeller718

JaxTeller718

simple as that.

Not as simple as that. Devs on twitch PAY streamers to stream their games for promotion. There are things called bounties as well. Where streamers who meet criteria are given access to promotional content and get paid for the viewers they acquire during said promotion. Only exception are indie devs and I dont think Pimps consider themselves idie devs with how many copies they have sold, or at least they shouldn't. They certainly dont speak like indie devs when talking about their game.

Look i get that this is the way things are done, but stop acting like this is the best way and its in the best interest of the streamer. I know enough medium sized streamers, and see enough of the bigger ones to understand and see how it works. I get that streamers are grateful for this opportunity but at the risk of drawing Fun Pimps ire these streamers are 100 percent underselling their value to them. Give it another year when the affiliate streamer program becomes more  understood by streamers and they will realize that devs who wish to promote should be compensating streamers for their brand and time.

This applies even more so if youre talking about it being a business. Yeah its a business but the only party thats benefiting from this business opportunity are the devs. The streamers themselves come with the built in audience.

JaxTeller718

JaxTeller718

simple as that.

Not as simple as that. Devs on twitch PAY streamers to stream their games for promotion. There are things called bounties as well. Where streamers who meet criteria are given access to promotional content and get paid for the viewers they acquire during said promotion. Only exception are indie devs and I dont think Pimps consider themselves idie devs with how many copies they have sold, or at least they shouldn't. They certainly dont speak like indie devs when talking about their game.

Look i get that this is the way things are done, bit stop acting like this is the best way and its in the best interest of the streamer. I know enough medium sized streamers, and see enough of the bigger ones to understand and see how it works. I get that streamers are grateful for this opportunity but at the risk of drawing Fun Pimps ire these streamers are 100 percent underselling their value to them. Give it another year when the affiliate streamer program becomes more  understood by streamers and they will realize that devs who wish to promote should be compensating streamers for their brand and time.

JaxTeller718

JaxTeller718

simple as that.

Not as simple as that. Devs on twitch PAY streamers to stream their games for promotion. There are things called bounties as well. Where streamers who meet criteria are given access to promotional content and get paid for the viewers they acquire during said promotion.

Look i get that this is the way things are done, bit stop acting like this is the best way and its in the best interest of the streamer. I know enough medium sized streamers, and see enough of the bigger ones to understand and see how it works. I get that streamers are grateful for this opportunity but at the risk of drawing Fun Pimps ire these streamers are 100 percent underselling their value to them. Give it another year when the affiliate streamer program becomes more  understood by streamers and they will realize that devs who wish to promote should be compensating streamers for their brand and time.