MotorcycleAlterations v1.3 (Alpha 19)

Ericbeaudoin

spacer.png

During one of the FunPimps' stream for Alpha 19, the motorcycle model was shown without the shield and spikes. I thought it looked cool. This modlet allows you to select alterations to the base model in game. I've also added a taillight just because.

v1.3 base model now also sports the headlight and taillight

v1.2 fix a few bugs that were introduced with A19

- Add the new hud navigation sprite

- Fix the model so that the player avatar sits properly

v1.1  is Alpha 19 ready: I've rebuilt the assets and tested.

Release Notes v1.3

Download v1.3

To see all my mods

1 hour ago, scm1893 said:

Cool stuff. Thanks.

Ques about Paint job - is blocks.xml supposed to only be this?

<configs>
    <append xpath="/blocks">

</append>

</configs>

Yea, I should probably remove the blocks from PaintJob since I didn't need to add any blocks in the end (all vehicles are items). That was a placeholder from my mod template.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:16 PM, Finch55 said:

Just a heads up, player seating is moved further back on the motorcycle so they are sitting behind the seat as though on one of dBubs bikes. I tested without dBub to ensure it was this mod.

Thanks, I'll check it up.

It is totally cool MOD like Honda Valkyrie Rune
By the way, the indication order of the map icon changes with α 19

<property name="MapIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_motorcycle"/>
            <property name="NavObject" value="motorcycle" />    

I think that these two are necessary
I'm sorry for my clumsy English.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:45 PM, kaneta1 said:

It is totally cool MOD like Honda Valkyrie Rune
By the way, the indication order of the map icon changes with α 19

<property name="MapIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_motorcycle"/>
            <property name="NavObject" value="motorcycle" />    

I think that these two are necessary
I'm sorry for my clumsy English.

Don't worry about your English, I understood and I'm happy that you like the mod.

I've just updated the mod and the new hud navigation sprite is now configured properly. Let me know if you find anything else that is not working.

Best

Perfect seating position, thank you for fixing this :)

Nice job on the handling but I did find the bike a wee bit slow so set braketorque to 5000 and maxvelocity to 17,19 respectively. The bike has a nice lean to it and with the increased values, slides around corners nicely w/o oversteer. Now all I need is a bike stand so it stops falling over lol.  

I'm glad you appréciated the mod. My gold was to do a purely cosmetic change so I used the exact same values as the normal motorcycle. Feel free to tweak it for you own pleasure.

If you manage to do a bike stand, let me know. I'd like it too. 🙂

46 minutes ago, War3zuk said:

Wow the Bike actually suits NOT having the shielding.. Looks proper Meaty.. Nice job as I assume youd have to import the original Model to do this.. Aah its you lol :p The Spartan 4x4 Didnt recognise the name...

It is me :-). I extracted the mesh from FunPims asset bundle file, imported it in Blender, separated the spikes, shield, and hood into their own objects, created the headlight and taillight objects, redid the rigs, imported in unity, created a custom asset, and added the extra XML for the mod. You know, the usual workflow :-).

I'm glad you like the look. That's why I did it after it was shown during one of the Fun Pimps designer stream. Feel free to include these in your overall mod if you want.

Cheers

Thanks matey, It does actually look better but thats probably cos ive ridden motor bikes since 7 years old & all the shielding just looks weird lol

Ive integrated it into the Launcher version, So edited it a fair bit to fit, Re wrote some of the code to match the rest so edited your details to give proper credit, Also renamed your folder with your Tag & Included your name in the main Localisation.. & thanks for letting me use it..

If you have any issues with the changes feel free to let me know if youd prefer it to stay untouched.. :)

16 hours ago, War3zuk said:

Thanks matey, It does actually look better but thats probably cos ive ridden motor bikes since 7 years old & all the shielding just looks weird lol

Ive integrated it into the Launcher version, So edited it a fair bit to fit, Re wrote some of the code to match the rest so edited your details to give proper credit, Also renamed your folder with your Tag & Included your name in the main Localisation.. & thanks for letting me use it..

If you have any issues with the changes feel free to let me know if youd prefer it to stay untouched.. :)

It's all good. Use it and edit it whichever way to see fit to fit with the rest.

Cheers.

Added Ragsy's motorcycle physics (for my own personal use) to your bikes so now each variant performs differently depending upon weight distribution as parts are removed. for example, the standard bike is sluggish, doesn't lean or maneuver well but w/o the spikes it is a little more aerodynamic but you still have to go wide to take a corner due to the weight on the front wheel. The last 2 variants are Ragsy's Racing and Dirtbike handling with a couple of personal tweaks.

Both this and the physics make the bike worth owning now and a lot of fun, so thanks again.

Still haven't figured out why the bikes drops when a player dismounts.

Yeah I just tried the Ragsys Edit & didnt like it, Bike leans nicely but is to unresponsive when straightening back up... The Bike though without all the @%$*#!e looks good & even looks like it is meant to be in game, way more than the armoured version.. I mean ive ridden bikes all my Life & I wouldnt use a 2 wheeled vehicle to ram anything lmao

I'm happy you guys all like it. It's unfortunate that the variant blocks do not work for entities, That would make this even better.

I'm working on something similar for the Jeep. Stay tuned.

I'm happy you guys all like it. It's unfortunate that the variant blocks do not work for entities, That would make this even better.

I'm working on something similar for the Jeep. Stay tuned.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:06 AM, Orsey said:

Overview modlet )

I didn't understand a word of it but the video looks very. Thanks.

Archived