New player, here what I think

diegodgo87

@diegodgo87

Sounds like you found Dishong Tower. Took my wife and I almost 3 game days to clear it when we did it, though we tend to take our time and loot/scavenge everything not nailed down. For us it was allot of me luring the zombies into prepared firing lines (her with M60 and my 2 junk turrets) and me back tracking to pop the stray screamer (finally started having them show up while we clear POIs) or wandering horde as it filed up the stairs (stopped having to worry about them too much after we were about 2/3rds of the way up the skyscraper). It's great you and your friend are enjoying the game. :D 

I would say there are at least five major games in 7D2D:

One for each attribute focus, which really makes a big difference when you try them.

Then of course you have about a thousand "hybrid" builds...

Also making more (or less) realistic BM forts (if any!) change things quite a bit.

Boredom, in a flexible game, is in part to the inflexible play-style of the player. 

12 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

This is massively different to a "normal" poi without layers.
Since the loot is evenly spread, you have no incentive to "cheese" it. And since it is only a short stop before you go on to the next poi it isn't really a dealbreaker that you have been in this same poi twice.

But in this POIs is no "good" loot, you usually don't find messiah boxes, weapon bags and such stuff. On the other hand this loot would be to good to get it in a random poi within a minute.

If I loot one of the early pois, I spend like a minute in it. In, kill zombies, loot, out.

If I loot these dungeon ones (if we leave out the exploity lootroom thing) I need to go in, crawl around that floor trap (that was super exciting the first time) then need to shoot the cupboard because there is zombies in there, then I need to kite a sprinter around the tight corridors back to the beginning, then I need to go back, climb through a hole in the wall on the other side, sneak because I know there is a dog over there, get inside, break one block so that i can kill those two zombies that came from behind the last time, go up, see two ferals, need to kite them out again... you see what I mean?

You're right, even if the spawn points of enemies somteimes vary even in these dungeon pois. There is not always a sleeper in this cupboard. And the dog is not there all the time, or there might be even two. But that also depends on the POI, there are indeed some, that are always exactly the same.

Imho the dungeon design is not the best, as i already stated in a previous post. The main loot should be somewhere in it's middle, so that it can not be poled up or digged down directly. E.g. for the skyscrapers, you don't even need to pole. I also dropped myself from a gyrocopter directly onto the rood. Is this still cheesing? I mean, you have  a flying vehicle?! ;)

Usually once we know specific dungeon pois by heart we usually don't follow the path all the time, however we usually don't cheese to the end loot, too.

This is what I mean: they implement something (sandbox with procedual terrain) but make a static building. It goes against the concept, more or less. And this isn't the only time they have done it. It is only the one I can explain the best... but seems even this I can't explain well enough, so this one example of that overarching point that I am trying to make is used to try and win an argument that I didn't even start.

So you mean, they should generate POIs procedurally too? Especially the dungeon POIs?

Yeah that would be really nice, however it is really @%$*#!ing hard to make procedural algorithms to create such stuff, that is still wokring. I haven't seen any game yet, that manages to get this done well. Basically every game i know that tried this used a set of premade parts/rooms/floors to assemble a house. That premade parts are still limited and once you know all the parts, the dynamic generated houses become predictive too.

Did you already try a map with compopack? I know it also contains just "normal" POIs and further dungeon POIs, but it adds a lot of them. Additionally maybe use nitrogen instead of the RWG. Nitrogen distributes the different POIs more evenly than the RWG so you get a better variety. 

RWG is somehow crap in A18. I played like 5 different maps in A18 and generated and explored (in god mode) like 20 further and not a single one even had one skyscraper... I even managed to get a 4K map without one single bookstore.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:03 PM, Viktoriusiii said:

[snip]

a long story, but a VERY good point: If loot was just distributed more randomly (no fixed loot rooms), the game would be much more of a challenge again. It would solve the nerdpoling issue for the most part as well without having to abandon nerdpoling itself. 

8 hours ago, hiemfire said:

@diegodgo87

Sounds like you found Dishong Tower. Took my wife and I almost 3 game days to clear it when we did it, though we tend to take our time and loot/scavenge everything not nailed down. For us it was allot of me luring the zombies into prepared firing lines (her with M60 and my 2 junk turrets) and me back tracking to pop the stray screamer (finally started having them show up while we clear POIs) or wandering horde as it filed up the stairs (stopped having to worry about them too much after we were about 2/3rds of the way up the skyscraper). It's great you and your friend are enjoying the game. :D 

Yeah, we are four, but  we split tasks for better efficiency, can't ask to the INT guy who is Forging, mixing and doing stuff  to come to rescue me, neither the one guy with an auger in the bottom of the mine, and looting is always a job of two people, with the rule "leave no man behind"

2 hours ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

@diegodgo87 Are you playing on the default 60 minute days? Or did you increase them?

90 minutes, is what the streamer I saw recommended for new players, but right now the days are too long, with the vehicles I can be anywhere in few minutes and run many trader missions, Blood Moon takes too long we only can play at weekends

When A19 land will be setting in 60 minutes, and in another difficult.

8 minutes ago, diegodgo87 said:

90 minutes, is what the streamer I saw recommended for new players, but right now the days are too long, with the vehicles I can be anywhere in few minutes and run many trader missions, Blood Moon takes too long we only can play at weekends

When A19 land will be setting in 60 minutes, and in another difficult.

Yeah I recommend 60 as there is more sense of urgency for blood moon prep.

22 hours ago, diegodgo87 said:

Yeah, we are four, but  we split tasks for better efficiency, can't ask to the INT guy who is Forging, mixing and doing stuff  to come to rescue me, neither the one guy with an auger in the bottom of the mine, and looting is always a job of two people, with the rule "leave no man behind"

Multiplayer is always a bit different than single player in terms of progress. In a group the members can specialize. A single player has to spread out his points.

That's why you have everything earlier and it gets boring faster.

By the way, I like the Grand Spartan rule better: "Every man for himself".

This is much more entertaining when you watch the streams. 😁

If you want more depth to the game - I cannot recommend enough the mod Darkness Falls..

4 different types of forge.

Scrap iron, Iron, Steel & Titanium grade tools.

Different classes to choose from - each with their own set of starter quests.

Traders that are not indestructible and have guard NPC's - you can set up your base inside one...

Lots of different vehicles.

Many new weapons. (Coil Rifle oh how I love thee!)

Major increase in Zombies and nights are dangerous again..

Very indepth food/farming system.

Titanium, Plutonium and Uranium Ores which can only be mined in full hazmat gear.

Plus many many other things - including an endgame......

Completely revitalised the whole game for me and my mates. Its a bit tricky to set up a private server but it can be done. 

2 hours ago, Adr said:

If you want more depth to the game - I cannot recommend enough the mod Darkness Falls..

4 different types of forge.

Scrap iron, Iron, Steel & Titanium grade tools.

Different classes to choose from - each with their own set of starter quests.

Traders that are not indestructible and have guard NPC's - you can set up your base inside one...

Lots of different vehicles.

Many new weapons. (Coil Rifle oh how I love thee!)

Major increase in Zombies and nights are dangerous again..

Very indepth food/farming system.

Titanium, Plutonium and Uranium Ores which can only be mined in full hazmat gear.

Plus many many other things - including an endgame......

Completely revitalised the whole game for me and my mates. Its a bit tricky to set up a private server but it can be done. 

I do saw videos from this mod, It really is something else, yesterday I downloaded NitroGen and CompoPack, a fresh huge world is awesome, don't know yet if gonna work with A19 in the next weekend.

Archived