Edit History

notthesmurfs

notthesmurfs

Since the introduction of sleepers and the reduction of zombies in the wild, the world is feeling empty and rather static. So I have a 3-part question addressing the issues, aimed towards both level design as well as AI:

• Will there ever be dynamic spawns inside POIs where zombies would spawn and roam while idle, with different states from sleepers to idle to alerted? I.e. not spawning all zombies as sitting ducks.
  • In regards to the breadcrumb system, could zombies target buildings as part of their AI as to break boundaries between POI spawns and world spawns? I.e. zombies occasionally migrating into buildings from the outside or vice versa.
  • Could zombies exhibit more of a pack behaviour? I.e. where they would path to other zombies, namely the alerted ones, to form groups and hordes more naturally rather than appearing as a random event
notthesmurfs

notthesmurfs

Since the introduction of sleepers and the reduction of zombies in the wild, the world is feeling empty and rather static. So I have a 3-part question addressing the issues, aimed towards both level design as well as AI:

• Will there ever be dynamic spawns inside POIs where zombies would spawn and roam while idle, with different states from sleepers to idle to alerted? I.e. not spawning all zombies as sitting ducks.
  • In regards to the breadcrumb system, could zombies target buildings as part of their AI as to break boundaries between POI spawns and world spawns? I.e. zombies occasionally migrating into buildings from the outside.
  • Could zombies exhibit more of a pack behaviour? I.e. where they would path to other zombies, namely the alerted ones, to form groups and hordes more naturally rather than appearing as a random event