PS4 & XB1 Seeds

Bigphil

Ive seen people say that when you name your new game...its actually the seed your putting in. Is this true or are Random gen world actually random and we have no way of inputting a seed?

On the PC version, yes, the name you give your randomly generated world also acts as its seed. It actually strips out all spaces, so "My Name Is Jeff" becomes "MyNameIsJeff" to the system. On the console, I'd imagine it's the same way, but I don't know for certain. I am going to test it out with a friend later this week. I'll let you know if it has the same caves, lakes, POIs, etc.

EDIT: In fact, if you want to confirm for yourself, create a Survival SP random world and name it "Not Jeff" (inside joke with me and my son, please excuse) and head to coordinates 1836 N 2139 Y, you should find an entrance to an underground cave at or around that precise location. I'd love to hear back from anybody to see if this is the case. If so, that means game names act as seeds for console games as well. :D

Edited by TerranRich (see edit history)

Actually did a test with this yesterday. Watched a youtube video from a guy on Xbox who was showing the seed he was in. Three huge towns right near hub city. So in the new game name I put in, "fart" and it worked. Found the towns he had in the video. Just had to pause the video when he brought his map up so I could see the coordinates. And when you put in fart, it's just that no quotation marks.

On the PC version, yes, the name you give your randomly generated world also acts as its seed. It actually strips out all spaces, so "My Name Is Jeff" becomes "MyNameIsJeff" to the system. On the console, I'd imagine it's the same way, but I don't know for certain. I am going to test it out with a friend later this week. I'll let you know if it has the same caves, lakes, POIs, etc.

EDIT: In fact, if you want to confirm for yourself, create a Survival SP random world and name it "Not Jeff" (inside joke with me and my son, please excuse) and head to coordinates 1836 N 2139 Y, you should find an entrance to an underground cave at or around that precise location. I'd love to hear back from anybody to see if this is the case. If so, that means game names act as seeds for console games as well. :D

Actually did a test with this yesterday. Watched a youtube video from a guy on Xbox who was showing the seed he was in. Three huge towns right near hub city. So in the new game name I put in, "fart" and it worked. Found the towns he had in the video. Just had to pause the video when he brought his map up so I could see the coordinates. And when you put in fart, it's just that no quotation marks.

Ahh very nice indeed....when ive had enough of NZ i will try a few seeds on random. Thank you both

Ahh very nice indeed....when ive had enough of NZ i will try a few seeds on random. Thank you both

No problem, I hope the upcoming patch fixes some issues with RG but the seed fart is awesome. My cousin found a awesome RG with more cities with his name.

Coordinates for the city I found is 360W480E, you should see it. The the other closest one is the road south goes right to it, has about 8+ stores and cool rich houses with swimming pools and jacuzzis.

No problem, I hope the upcoming patch fixes some issues with RG but the seed fart is awesome. My cousin found a awesome RG with more cities with his name.

Coordinates for the city I found is 360W480E, you should see it. The the other closest one is the road south goes right to it, has about 8+ stores and cool rich houses with swimming pools and jacuzzis.

Whats the co-ords again...N or S should be the left number...it confused me lol

Whats the co-ords again...N or S should be the left number...it confused me lol

sorry lol the first number on the left should be 36oish and the left will be 480ish. Then when you find that you should see a road that leads out of that to the south-southeast. Follow that road and it will lead you to a nice size town with 8+ stores to loot.

sorry lol the first number on the left should be 36oish and the left will be 480ish. Then when you find that you should see a road that leads out of that to the south-southeast. Follow that road and it will lead you to a nice size town with 8+ stores to loot.

Ahh yes thank you...found it. Just waiting out the night then im going to searcg for water :)

Ahh yes thank you...found it. Just waiting out the night then im going to searcg for water :)

If you are in the same town I am thinking of, look for a house with a red metal fence all the way around it, out back is a nice sized swimming pool for a infinite supply of water, that's what I have been doing.

Ahh brilliant...when i next log in ill make the trek :) thanks mate

Actually most, if not all, of the seeds on PC don't carry over to console. But I'm REALLY in need of some seeds man I ant find any

I posted two seeds that I have found to be pretty good in Nother seed thread, one I came up with myself, the other is a pc seed that actually worked the same, minus the dirt road poi's which are broken right now, heres a copy of it:

I've been trying different seeds and looking for one that was a little better then my current one.

Current one is RedMountain, has good sized biomes, large lakes, 4 small towns I have found so far, and a good amount of loot. People looking for one with a large snow area, this ones got a rather lvarge snow area.

Edit in: the large snow area in RedMountain is north west of the main hub, cant miss it.

After trying about 30 different seeds from ps4, xbone, and pc, I finally found a pretty nice one. The seed name is InsaneHCA14

It has two large city hubs that I know of, and several smaller towns in it, lots of green forest area that supply good game to hunt, sevral deserts that I have come across and a large snow area jusr north east of the main city hub. Here are some of the locations on the map:

Town 130N 2015E

Town 2250N 350E

Town 3020S 1925E

Town 2734S 153E

Hub2 1150N 1500W

Mine 800s 750E

There are more mines but I didnt tag them all, some being pretty small.

This seed is a pc seed from alpha 14.0, everything that was mentioned about it showed up except the dirt path structures but from my understanding there is a bug with that on the ps4 right now, Will be a good one to look at after they get those fixed, tons of small dirt paths all over in the areas I have explored, and I havent even explored that much of the full map yet. Seems to be a worthwhile seed :)

Edit in: I have found two more towns sense I started exploring it:

Town 3028S 1949E

town 1709S 2716E

This map defently has a ton of towns on it, and the town at 3028 is larger then the typical small town. Still tons of areas on the map that I havent been to, sure there are even more towns out there. Buy end of day three I have already gotten all 3 items for the forge, a sniper rifle, iron pick axe, iron shovel, iron axe, a hoe 21 repair kits, 148 rebar frames, 52 wooden frames, 3 steel ingots, and afew more trinkets as well as a mining helmet all just from quick scavaging. Yep think this is going to be my next map.

Edited by caleb68 (see edit history)

I posted two seeds that I have found to be pretty good in Nother seed thread, one I came up with myself, the other is a pc seed that actually worked the same, minus the dirt road poi's which are broken right now, heres a copy of it:

Town 3028S 1949E

town 1709S 2716E

This map defently has a ton of towns on it, and the town at 3028 is larger then the typical small town. Still tons of areas on the map that I havent been to, sure there are even more towns out there. Buy end of day three I have already gotten all 3 items for the forge, a sniper rifle, iron pick axe, iron shovel, iron axe, a hoe 21 repair kits, 148 rebar frames, 52 wooden frames, 3 steel ingots, and afew more trinkets as well as a mining helmet all just from quick scavaging. Yep think this is going to be my next map.

In the 2nd town you posted...2250N 350E there is an underground bunker too...spawned near said town n found where ill be staying while i build elsewhere thanks for the info

Town 3028S 1949E

town 1709S 2716E

Thanks for the info on this, will definitely be my next random gen I start.

Actually most, if not all, of the seeds on PC don't carry over to console. But I'm REALLY in need of some seeds man I ant find any

Yah, even subtle differences in the biome setup will get you a totally different world and the console worlds have to be different (and smaller) because there is no way to fit a "PC world" into the available RAM and HDD space.

I checked on my server and the "savegame" there is close to 6 GB.

Yah, even subtle differences in the biome setup will get you a totally different world and the console worlds have to be different (and smaller) because there is no way to fit a "PC world" into the available RAM and HDD space.

I checked on my server and the "savegame" there is close to 6 GB.

Yeah you're right. Tried a few seeds from a thread on the PC section and none of them worked. Sucks because I seen some really cool worlds. I hope that we can get military bases on random gen on the consoles.

In the 2nd town you posted...2250N 350E there is an underground bunker too...spawned near said town n found where ill be staying while i build elsewhere thanks for the info

Jthere is one in the town at 3028S 1949E as well :) this seed is looking better the more I explore it :)

Town 3028S 1949E

town 1709S 2716E

Hey man thanks a lot. I'll definitely have to try out these seeds. I think I've tried InsaneHCA14 but I couldn't find much, but that might be due to the fact I don't think I looked around enough. And if the dirt road bug on PS4 refers to NOTHING being on dirt roads, then yeah it's on Xbox too. Must be a console thing. I'm also having problems with my main roads just randomly ending and cutting off for no reason. Hope they patch this soon!

Glad you guys like the seed, happy I found it. Here's a recap of the seed locations I have found as well as which ones have bunkers that I know of

Seed: InsaneHCA14

It has two large city hubs that I know of, and several smaller towns in it, lots of green forest area that supply good game to hunt, sevral deserts that I have come across and a large snow area jusr north east of the main city hub. Here are some of the locations on the map:

Town 130N 2015E

Town 2250N 350E has bunker

Town 3020S 1925E

Town 2734S 153E

Town 3028S 1949E has bunker, SE corner of town borders the edge of map, careful running too far south out of town on that side.

town 1709S 2716E

town 1525S 2634W has two cemetaries

Town 1652S 854W has bunker

Cemetary 414N 2987W

Hub2 1150N 1500W

Mine 800s 750E

Small poi spot, has a bank, 3 other buildings 2473N 1108W

I have explored alot of the roads in the map but There are still ones that I havent gone down. Tons of little dirt walkways so when they fix the poi's for them hopefully it will add a bunch more to the map. There is a large body of water that runs along the north west corner of the map, havent found any other large bodies of water. A large snow biome that is north east out of the main hub that extends all the way over to the town at 130N 2015E and the north part of town is in the snow biome while the south side is in a desert biome.

Hope all this info on InsaneHCA14 helps, make sure to use case when typing in the name else you'll get something totally different

Edit in: fixed some late night typos

Vulkatiian Dexi - yeah same bug, nothing spawns at the end of the dirt roads, it plagues both console systems.

Edited by caleb68 (see edit history)

Thanks for the info on InsaneHCA14.

The town at 2250N / 350E also has a bank, crack-a-book, working stiff, pop-n-pills, and shotgun messiah.

The second hub city has two shotgun messiahs back to back, and the other shops, made a pitstop there quick like and is where I found my poor quality sniper rifle (58) but it still brings a deer down with one shot to the head :D. Havent tried to explore the hub at 0,0 no idea what is in that city. Most the towns seem to have a food store so thats good.

Nice I didn't find that one yet. Thanks for the info will be heading there this evening

The town at 1652S 854W bunker ( 1845S 987W ) has a huge iron/nitrate/lead vein directly under the small room off to the rught of the kitchen area, the vein goes pretty deep, found it while expanding the bunker, makes for some nice easy access materials.