Breath indicator when submerged

LeastConcern

[QUOTE=EnableScope;125115]Maybe breathe should be a whole new meter so when we go into radioactive zones we can hold our breathe for a bit. Also when we run out of stamina it should subtract breathe instead and when our breathe is all gone we lose health and die from a heart attack.[/QUOTE] Radiation doesn't work like that XD. We know that they're going to add some kind of hazard suit that will allow us to go in the radiation zones.

+1 To this :encouragement: [QUOTE=Xtrakicking;125274]Radiation doesn't work like that XD. We know that they're going to add some kind of hazard suit that will allow us to go in the radiation zones.[/QUOTE] Yup, it goes through the skin. A hazard suit would be awesome.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;125274]Radiation doesn't work like that XD. We know that they're going to add some kind of hazard suit that will allow us to go in the radiation zones.[/QUOTE] There is radioactive dust in the air. Holding your breath will reduce exposure. A little uranium rock won't give you cancer but inhale the dust and fumes that build up from it and you are in trouble. When they detonate a nuclear bomb above the ground it creates more damage, but when they detonate it on the ground it creates less damage but all the dust it kicks up produces more radiation because of the particles in the air. That is why water aquifers even 2 inches deep will have almost no radiation because the earth filters the particles that held the radiation.

[QUOTE=LeastConcern;125040]Would like to see some kind of meter that shows how much longer until I start taking damage when I'm underwater.[/QUOTE] I don't really agree with this. I don't think that we need any more meters. We have the meters that are necessary. More meters just take-up more space on the screen and take away immersion. In real life, you don't have a meter that tells you how much breath you have and when you are going to start drowning. You also do not have meters for the current ones in the game but they are needed, really, this one is not.

[QUOTE=EnableScope;125895]There is radioactive dust in the air. Holding your breath will reduce exposure. A little uranium rock won't give you cancer but inhale the dust and fumes that build up from it and you are in trouble. When they detonate a nuclear bomb above the ground it creates more damage, but when they detonate it on the ground it creates less damage but all the dust it kicks up produces more radiation because of the particles in the air. That is why water aquifers even 2 inches deep will have almost no radiation because the earth filters the particles that held the radiation.[/QUOTE] As far as I'm concerned, the radiation in 7dtd were caused by nuclear bombs from the IIIWW and that damages your skin pretty badly, so holding your breath shouldn't help much XD

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;125980]As far as I'm concerned, the radiation in 7dtd were caused by nuclear bombs from the IIIWW and that damages your skin pretty badly, so holding your breath shouldn't help much XD[/QUOTE] The radiation is already settled, most of the radiation is in the dust particles. The background radiation would already be in the non-radioactive zones as well so we should be absorbing radiation outside of the green zone.

Archived