Announcing: A19 Streamer Weekend Application

Roland
Message added by Roland

Thanks to all who applied. Our team is now complete for the Alpha 19 event. If you missed the application window we hope you will return for the Alpha 20 event.

Hey Survivalists,

Alpha 19 is getting close and we are looking ahead at the impending experimental release. That said we are recruiting more qualifying streamers for our Alpha 19 pre-release weekend streamer event. We know that there are many streamers out there who have played our game for their audiences and who would love to be a part of the pre-release streaming weekend. There were several hopeful streamers who did not quite qualify for the A18 event who hopefully have been able to grow their audience and can join us this time for A19. 

APPLICATION DEADLINE: Now Closed. Please join us for our A20 event.

Spoiler

Here are the details:

1. In order to qualify you must have as a minimum, 5000 followers or subscribers on a single site. That can be Twitch, YouTube, or another site. 

If you are a partnered Twitch streamer then that automatically qualifies you regardless of followers. 

2. You must record an announcement to your viewers on your channel that you will be showing early footage of A19. It can be its own video or part of one of your regular episodes. We don't have a firm date yet but you can just tell them it is going to be happening soon.

3. You must sign up for this forum and send me a message that includes the official business email address of your channel and a link to the announcement video you made.

4. Once we have verified that you are a content creator that qualifies I will give you access to our stream team subforum where all announcement regarding the event will be made including the password to access A19 on the first day of the event.

5. If you are already on the list because you qualified for A18 last time, you don't need to do anything except hype up your viewers. You are already qualified for the A19 event. If for some reason you don't want to be part of the event this time please let me know and I will remove you from the list.

Clarifications

1) The announcement must be a video or a recorded clip from a stream that is posted on your channel. This is part of our verification that the video is really from the channel it claims to be from and it is also for marketing and hype.

2) PLEASE have the link cued up to where you make the announcement if part of a larger episodic video.

3) I want to emphasize that this is NOT a contest. If you meet the requirements, you qualify. So go ahead and do the announcement and release it if you qualify.

4 IMPORTANT: The password you will be given is to download the A19 update. It is not a steam key for the game itself. We are not giving the game away for free for this event. We actually want people who have played before and know what they're doing when they show A19. Get the game and play for a few weeks on A18 if you wish to stream during the event but have never played 7 Days to Die.

Streaming FAQ

Q: When is Alpha 19 coming out and when do the streamers get access to it.

A: When its ready. Don't claim specific dates. Some streamers did this last time and it makes everyone look bad. We are shooting for end of June provided all goes well but things sometimes do not go well and delays happen. The public release of Alpha 19 will happen on a Monday. Our team of streamers will get it the Friday preceding that. (2-3 days)

Q: If I’m approved by TFP to stream Alpha 19 how do I get access.

A: We plan to send out the password to the qualifying streamers on the Friday before the Monday that we will release A19-experimental allowing a full weekend prior to the public release. You will go to the Beta Opt-in screen in Steam and enter the password which will make the A19 experimental version appear in the list of betas you can opt into.

Q: What if I don’t have 5000 but I’m super loyal and really want to stream A19 early?

A: We encourage you to do all you can to hype up and advertise your channel to get your followers/ subscriptions up to the minimum amount. If you don’t reach the goal for A19, we plan to do this again for A20 and we’ll welcome your participation for that event.

Q: If I'm a partnered Twitch streamer can I still qualify if I have fewer than 5000 subscribers?

A: Yes. A Twitch partnership is all you need if you have one.

Q: Do you have to have a presence on both Youtube and Twitch? What if I use a different provider?

A: You only have to have a presence on one site where we can go to your channel via your link and see your announcement as well as your viewership numbers. We chose followers on Twitch because that is the most easily publicly viewable measure. Same with subscribers on Youtube. If your alternate streaming/video publishing site has a measure of your viewership we will look at that.

Q: What if I’m a well known personality, I was in the contest last time, and you know I qualify. Do I still have to do the enrollment video?

A: No. You don't have to do anything since you are already on our list. We figure you will want to hype it up but you don't need to send a link to us to verify who you are.

Q: If the game is good enough for streamers to show it, isn’t it good enough for players to play it?

A: The version the streamers will be playing will be the same release candidate we plan for the whole community (who wish to test experimental). But we have found that releasing an experimental version on a Monday is much better for us to be able to respond quickly and effectively with hotfixes and get new builds out to you that play better. The whole team isn’t always available on the weekend to address showstoppers but on that Monday we’ll be ready. In the meantime, we hope you will post your feedback on what you see and help us catch things that might be simple to fix before the general release on Monday.

Q: Why are streamers getting special treatment? Didn’t I pay for early access?

A: All of our customers who have paid for early access are getting the early access that they paid for. At the same time we have to acknowledge that streamers provide a huge media benefit to the industry in today’s world. Being able to reach potentially hundreds of thousands of viewers over the weekend to get the word out that A19 is finally here is a powerful and amazing tool we wish to use. At the same time allowing the streamers to show early footage of an update is something of great value to us and them. We love all of our fans and we hope you all will love the A19 update when you get to play it, but hope you understand we are running a business. Plus, for those who enjoy this sort of media it is a great deal of fun that we wish to Pimp out to y'all.

Q: Does this mean no gameplay footage from Madmole?

A: Madmole met the 5000 qualifier a long time ago so he will be recording A19 preview videos as his time permits. His number one priority, however, is getting it into your hands as soon as possible.

Q: What if I usually stream with a partner? Can my partner get access as well?

A: Yes. We will allow qualifying streamers to include anyone they wish to join them in their stream. We want teams to be able to stream together. All those who receive access this way only have permission to have their gameplay shown on the qualifying streamer's channel. They cannot go and stream it themselves on their own channel.

• Roland pinned and featured this topic

Here is the current list of Streamers.

WanchanPlay --> Argentina, Spanish

AzzaFortysix --> Australia, English

JaWoodle --> Australia, English

Patrol Gaming --> Australia, English

Danu Thuata --> Austria, German

Lhynns Gaming --> Belgium, French

2HandGaming --> Bosnia, English

Andarilho --> Brazil, Portuguese

Josepher Survivor --> Brazil, Portuguese

Medusa Geek --> Brazil, Portuguese

O Abel Joga --> Brazil, Portuguese

TellesGeek --> Brazil, Portuguese

Brae Lynnx --> Canada, English

CrypticFox --> Canada East, English

GameEdged --> Canada, English

Skippy0330 --> Canada, English

Team Ryan --> Canada, English

xSgtPepperx --> Canada, English

J.C.'s Channel --> Chile, English

Lin Xiaotian --> China, Simplified Chinese

El Gui Gui --> France, French

Hardstyler --> France, French

JackPlay --> France, French

Ludum Fabula --> France, French

Staf_52 --> France, French

Asrac_tv --> Germany, German

Coyaletsplay --> Germany, German

DerValiser --> Germany, German

Edes Lets Plays-> Germany, German

Gerrit --> Germany, German

Hirnsturz --> Germany, German

Jack Fleischhammer --> Germany, German

Mr Helm --> Germany, German

RoLaBeKa --> Germany, German

Strong Company --> Germany, German

Walker10474 --> Germany, English

Wautscher --> Germany, German

Zombyra --> Germany, German

Games4kickz --> Ireland, English

Gameplay Channel --> Italy, Italian

Aki Piyo --> Japan, Japanese

iihito jyanai--> Japan, Japanese

Isoroku --> Japan, Japanese

Matthew --> Japan, Japanese

Merci Games --> Japan, Japanese

Play Without Study --> Japan, Japanese

Rabi William --> Japan, Japanese

Rokugen san --> Japan, Japanese

ryo1 game --> Japan, Japanese

Sesika --> Japan, Japanese

TQQ 999 --> Japan, Japanese

Urakage --> Japan, Japanese

Yukkuri com san --> Japan, Japanese

Squal --> Kasakhstan, Russian

Kornelius Briedis --> Latvia, English

Qb1Junkie ==> Mexico, English

Shinydo --> Moldova, Russian

Vechs --> New Zealand, English

KermitTFrog14 --> Norway, English

Lokbatch --> Norway, English

SparkleGG --> Norway, English

Kagaminium --> Poland, Polish

MarekMoowi --> Poland, Polish

Rizzer --> Poland, Polish

Stalker --> Poland, Polish

Cisternocefal --> Russia, Russian

FoxMurderPlay --> Russia, Russian

Kaktyc --> Russia, Russian

Knock-Knock --> Russia, Russian

Krabo Land Games --> Russia, Russian

Vedui —> Singapore, English

Reach Gaming --> South Africa, English

Zaffa Geek --> South Africa, English

Buck Ferndandez --> Spain, Spanish

Krino Games --> Spain, Spanish

JaviLeeYou --> Spain, Spanish

Menos Trece --> Spain, Spanish

Psiko 9000 --> Spain, Spanish

R4pela Games --> Spain, Spanish

Tekja Gameplays --> Spain, Spanish

Xacbert 00 --> Spain, Spanish

Jonah Birch --> Sweden, English

2G Review --> Thailand, Thai

BoredGamer --> UK, English

DatFailGamur --> UK, English

DreadHeadEd --> UK, English

FuzzyFreaks --> UK, English

Grumbul --> UK, English

H3dsh0t --> UK, English

HixxyDubz --> UK, English

Jennyverse --> UK, English

Matrixis --> UK, English

Quagmire1428 --> UK, English

Reninsane --> UK, English

Max Fox --> UK, English

W92Baj --> UK, English

ZippyTurnip --> UK, English

Alex_D20 --> Ukraine, Ukrainian

Fresh Games --> Ukraine, Russian

Germanarih Games --> Ukraine, Russian

Slavik Odessit --> Ukraine, Russian

Survager --> Ukraine, Russian

Teror2 --> Ukraine, Russian

Anthony_B1 --> USA West, English

Aungelecette --> USA East, English

AviaryLaw --> USA East, English

Ayreframer --> USA Central, English

Bacon Creepy --> USA, English

Banlish --> USA, English

BeardedGuysGaming --> USA East, English

Blitzfire911 --> USA, English

Capp00 --> USA Central, English

Casketman20 --> USA Central, English

Cbthagreat --> USA East, English

Chiefy --> USA West, English

Copendub--> USA East, English

Cuda87 --> USA, English

dasMEHDI --> USA East, English

DeamonMachine --> USA, English

Descender --> USA, English

Dragoness_ --> USA Central, English

EvanAndKatelyn --> USA Central, English

F1recrackr --> USA Central, English

Flip_Switch --> USA West, English

Galucia081 --> USA, English

Game Society --> USA, English

Glock9 --> USA, English

Grand Spartan --> USA, English

Grizzly_Ben --> USA, Central

GunninGamerz --> USA, English

Headwound --> USA West, English

IAnthonyD --> USA East, English

iJevin --> USA, English

iluvatar_402 --> USA Central, English

JadedzUzi --> USA Central, English

JBMagic --> USA East, English

Jermanfu --> USA East, English

Justin Dion --> USA, English

Kage848 --> USA, English

kic Gaming --> USA West, English

Kismet --> USA EAST, English

KyleDempsterStudios --> USA, West

LaurenTheShort --> USA West, English

Legendary_Qstor --> USA East, English

LMG --> USA, English

Loafy Molasses --> USA, English

Midnight Designer --> USA East, English

Mistermoose --> USA Central, English

MistrFister --> USA, English

Mountain Man --> USA West, English

MyUsualMe --> USA East, English

One_shot_Gurl --> USA East, English

Orangesherbet --> USA West, English

PapaNox --> USA East, English

PartiallyRoyal --> USA, English

Pokketninja --> USA Central, English

Rhinocrunch --> USA West, English

Salty Zombies --> USA Central, English

Savage Gaming -->  USA, English

ShadowFox --> USA, English

SippyTango --> USA Central, English

Starsnipe --> USA Central, English

SunBunnie888 --> USA East, English

TacticalFriedRice --> USA, English

TexCubSF --> USA West, English

TomGirlGamer --> USA, English

uss_sully --> USA, English

xBCrafted --> USA Central, English

Xray_Blacksmith --> USA West, English

Zanthyst Gaming --> USA West, English

Right so YTs that are big but know nothing about your game. Not the smaller YTers that have little experience but no following yet. So why not just bombard the larger YTer communities with incentives to stream your game rather then trying to get your current followers, champions, believers to help you on here. I guess this is just a post to allow those blessed few to apply.

What makes the Twitch partner better then the Youtube partner. What the difference there for you?
because not every one gets to partner I have seen many friends stop YT all together before reaching 1000 subs. 

24 minutes ago, adreden said:

Right so YTs that are big but know nothing about your game. Not the smaller YTers that have little experience but no following yet. So why not just bombard the larger YTer communities with incentives to stream your game rather then trying to get your current followers, champions, believers to help you on here. I guess this is just a post to allow those blessed few to apply.

What makes the Twitch partner better then the Youtube partner. What the difference there for you?
because not every one gets to partner I have seen many friends stop YT all together before reaching 1000 subs. 

Thanks for your feedback. I can tell that no explanation I can give you is going to be satisfactory. Therefore, I will just refer everyone to the OP above and encourage those who don't qualify by that criteria to do what you can to qualify in time for A20. I will note once again since the message isn't getting through that we value both twitch and youtube content creators. We are not favoring one over the other. Meet the requirements for either platform and you are in.

3 hours ago, Gamida said:

Am curious about something. What happens to all the pre-experimental users who got test versions of A19. Are they allowed to stream the game when the others can even though they don't meet the requirements, or was it part of their deal that they wouldn't when the streamers got it

The password will most likely be changed. Unless someone is both a tester AND a qualified streamer they won't have access during that weekend. That is my off the cuff answer. I'll definitely bring it up to the owners and it will be their decision, ultimately. But the testers and the streamers are separate groups with different purposes and the Streamers do NOT have access right now along with the testers so it stands to reason the testers won't have it alongside the streamers when the time comes.

Apologies but I needed to delete your post so I could have the second and third slots.

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Streamers typically get different passwords, judging from past events.

Roland, any differences between these rules and last times?  So I don't have to research?  😃

2 hours ago, Capp00 said:

WooHoo, Excited about this. Already in the group, and looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Though I'm not a streamer, one part seems ambiguous to me as written.  If someone has a presence on multiple platforms, would they qualify if their combined Twitch followers plus YouTuber subscribers is over the 5,000 threshold?  Or must they meet that threshold on a single platform?

1 hour ago, ssrjazz said:

That 5,000 sub/followers is a bit of a stiff requirement which I unfortunately do not qualify for this time around again.  Really excited that a19 is imminent tho!!!

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

I'll have you know, if I add in my Facebook, Steam, and Xbox Live friend count, I'm almost over 500! Let me just change my Instagram and Twitter picture to a girl and get the boost I need

The 5k has to be on one platform. Adding is part of my other job. 

The rules have been the same since A17 and they aren’t changing this time. Qualifying streamers can invite whom they will to play with them on their channel that does qualify. The invitees cannot publish or stream on their own channels which don’t qualify.  

Start making the right friends. 

Sorry but all these posts had to go. These new forums don't give me the ability to insert posts into the conversation. Thanks for posting your questions, concerns, and excitement

Very Happy that A19 is so close however I do believe the requirements should be looked at a little closer. If you look at Twitch metrics the TOP 20 -7 days to Die streamers, MOST of them are not partners nor have 5k follows. They loyally stream the game day in and day out and should also get access as well. I am friends with plenty of partners who are on this list, however I do not want to piggy back A19 content off their channels when I have built a community and following on my own. HALF the streamers on your list don't even stream 7 days to die anymore, yet they get access? AGAIN not bashing just saying that maybe the 5k is a bit much. Maybe look at the MOST WATCHED channels that stream your game and let some of those smaller streamers have access. 

4 hours ago, Roland said:

The password will most likely be changed. Unless someone is both a tester AND a qualified streamer they won't have access during that weekend. That is my off the cuff answer. I'll definitely bring it up to the owners and it will be their decision, ultimately. But the testers and the streamers are separate groups with different purposes and the Streamers do NOT have access right now along with the testers so it stands to reason the testers won't have it alongside the streamers when the time comes.

Apologies but I needed to delete your post so I could have the second and third slots.

I know they won't get the latest experimental copy but don't they have the copy they used for testing? Can't they still use that even if it isn't fully up to date it still is close.

Also I had known that my post wouldn't last so no worries there.

1 hour ago, KillJoyJessica said:

Very Happy that A19 is so close however I do believe the requirements should be looked at a little closer. If you look at Twitch metrics the TOP 20 -7 days to Die streamers, MOST of them are not partners nor have 5k follows. They loyally stream the game day in and day out and should also get access as well. I am friends with plenty of partners who are on this list, however I do not want to piggy back A19 content off their channels when I have built a community and following on my own. HALF the streamers on your list don't even stream 7 days to die anymore, yet they get access? AGAIN not bashing just saying that maybe the 5k is a bit much. Maybe look at the MOST WATCHED channels that stream your game and let some of those smaller streamers have access. 

Thanks.

This event is not a loyalty contest. It is a promotional event and we have discussed and debated the standard we have set. It isn't arbitrary and has been looked at closely. It has also worked well for us in two previous events. We know that getting a Twitch partnership or 5k followers is tough. We think that it represents a certain amount of talent and skill and magnetism.  There are personalities that are compelling and they attract large audiences. These are who we want to promote the game. It has nothing to do with what they have or have not been streaming.  

Some will be offended. My brother-in-law's sister was offended when he went with an actual realtor to sell his house instead of letting her do it. She felt he had betrayed family loyalty by going with someone who had a great professional track record. I'm sure some will feel similar things about this.  It can seem heartless when a company makes a business decision that involves a standard and there are people we know who are good people and who work hard but who don't meet that standard.

To all those who stream 7 Days to Die day in and day out, thank you, and we are glad you enjoy our game so much to the exclusion of all else but if you want to grow your channel you might want to add some titles to your lineup. Some of your 7 Days viewers will learn about other games and when you attract new viewers to your channel who are initially interested in those games, they might come to love 7 Days to Die as well. Some of the really big streamers can chime in about this but I don't think it is particularly healthy for any channel (if you are wanting to grow) to stay rooted to only one kind of show. From our perspective, ONLY streaming 7 Days to Die is going to net us very few new customers. Why would we want to go with the most watched channels that only stream our game when the audience has probably already bought it as well?

This is tough stuff to talk about because there are people we know and care about who won't make the cut and that is disappointing. But, there is nothing unethical or even wrong about setting a high standard of success and holding would-be participants to that standard. It has nothing to do with our gratitude for those who love our game. Its just that for a promotional event we have set the standard that is measurable and provides equal opportunity for all to try and attain it if they can.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I know they won't get the latest experimental copy but don't they have the copy they used for testing? Can't they still use that even if it isn't fully up to date it still is close.

Also I had known that my post wouldn't last so no worries there.

The testers have signed an NDA and cannot post video of non-public builds. If they end up having access concurrently with the streamer weekend and play the same build then they could certainly record those play sessions and publish them after the weekend is over once the general release happens. But they cannot post stuff during the weekend if they are not members of the Stream Team. If they did they would certainly jeopardize future participation in testing A20 which is of course the next even numbered update so....obviously....awesome....

Congratulations to everyone who qualified 😀 can't wait to see all the awesome content! 

I can see why some ppl would be upset but its an understandable business decision. I would like to submit (for the future) that I do believe reaching 1k subs in YT is as relevant as reaching partner with Twitch... not only in the amt of hrs it will take you (probably a year for most) but also in the amt of hrs u will spend editing. I am not even at 1k so I def have no skin in the game, I'm just trying to support those who are talented, professional, and have a certain magnetism, but for whom the YT algorithm does not yet apply. 

I hope that is considered in the future, but I wish everyone the best of luck! I hope this launch goes great and I will definitely be watching 🥰

39 minutes ago, Roland said:

Thanks.

This event is not a loyalty contest. It is a promotional event and we have discussed and debated the standard we have set. It isn't arbitrary and has been looked at closely. It has also worked well for us in two previous events. We know that getting a Twitch partnership or 5k followers is tough. We think that it represents a certain amount of talent and skill and magnetism.  There are personalities that are compelling and they attract large audiences. These are who we want to promote the game. It has nothing to do with what they have or have not been streaming.  

Some will be offended. My brother-in-law's sister was offended when he went with an actual realtor to sell his house instead of letting her do it. She felt he had betrayed family loyalty by going with someone who had a great professional track record. I'm sure some will feel similar things about this.  It can seem heartless when a company makes a business decision that involves a standard and there are people we know who are good people and who work hard but who don't meet that standard.

To all those who stream 7 Days to Die day in and day out, thank you, and we are glad you enjoy our game so much to the exclusion of all else but if you want to grow your channel you might want to add some titles to your lineup. Some of your 7 Days viewers will learn about other games and when you attract new viewers to your channel who are initially interested in those games, they might come to love 7 Days to Die as well. Some of the really big streamers can chime in about this but I don't think it is particularly healthy for any channel (if you are wanting to grow) to stay rooted to only one kind of show. From our perspective, ONLY streaming 7 Days to Die is going to net us very few new customers. Why would we want to go with the most watched channels that only stream our game when the audience has probably already bought it as well?

This is tough stuff to talk about because there are people we know and care about who won't make the cut and that is disappointing. But, there is nothing unethical or even wrong about setting a high standard of success and holding would-be participants to that standard. It has nothing to do with our gratitude for those who love our game. Its just that for a promotional event we have set the standard that is measurable and provides equal opportunity for all to try and attain it if they can.

The testers have signed an NDA and cannot post video of non-public builds. If they end up having access concurrently with the streamer weekend and play the same build then they could certainly record those play sessions and publish them after the weekend is over once the general release happens. But they cannot post stuff during the weekend if they are not members of the Stream Team. If they did they would certainly jeopardize future participation in testing A20 which is of course the next even numbered update so....obviously....awesome....

I don't feel betrayed, nor do I stream only 7 days to die. I was simply suggesting maybe allowing some smaller streamers to participate would be a wise thing to do also. I get its a business, not knocking it. Nor do I mind waiting the few days for it to go live to the public, it was simply a suggestion that a lot of the community share. Wasn't bashing the business plan or the streamers, as I said I am friends with a lot of them, however I was just pointing out there are A LOT of streamers who have just as compelling personalities and attract the same audiences. At the end of the day I am going to play the game no matter when I get access to it. Was just throwing my opinion out there like everybody else. 

43 minutes ago, KillJoyJessica said:

I don't feel betrayed, nor do I stream only 7 days to die. I was simply suggesting maybe allowing some smaller streamers to participate would be a wise thing to do also. I get its a business, not knocking it. Nor do I mind waiting the few days for it to go live to the public, it was simply a suggestion that a lot of the community share. Wasn't bashing the business plan or the streamers, as I said I am friends with a lot of them, however I was just pointing out there are A LOT of streamers who have just as compelling personalities and attract the same audiences. At the end of the day I am going to play the game no matter when I get access to it. Was just throwing my opinion out there like everybody else. 

Cool. I was just using your post to make our position clear for anyone else who might be reading. You brought up good points and I just wanted to be crystal clear that we didn't just throw out 5k without thought or research and that a promotion is a business decision based upon a standard of success and is not a statement of how we feel about those who loyally play our game. 

Of course we could just lower the standard to the point you (or others) felt was perfect (to the delight of your friends) but then there would be more in line behind you to tell us about the worthiness and deservedness of even others who didn't qualify for your bar. As to the size of a channel-- it is all relative. For someone who has plateaued at around 1k and can't seem to grow past that then 5k probably seems like a huge channel. But we have many streamers with over 20k subs, several in the 100k subs and few in the millions. In that context, by going with 5k we ARE allowing smaller operations to participate.

It's always tough to draw a line. There will always be those who think it was drawn in the wrong place. I know it is important to you because it was your very first post ever so I'm sorry we are in disagreement. Glad it won't spoil your enjoyment of the game though.

So I just need to get 5k followers in 2 weeks to play alpha 19 - Mixer gods be good to me! :D

In all seriousness, I can't wait to play A19 when it's released to the public. Love the game and been playing for years. Keep rocking guys! I'll keep the hype train rolling.

<3 

8 hours ago, Roland said:

thank you, and we are glad you enjoy our game so much to the exclusion of all else but if you want to grow your channel you might want to add some titles to your lineup. Some of your 7 Days viewers will learn about other games and when you attract new viewers to your channel who are initially interested in those games, they might come to love 7 Days to Die as well. Some of the really big streamers can chime in about this but I don't think it is particularly healthy for any channel (if you are wanting to grow) to stay rooted to only one kind of show. From our perspective, ONLY streaming 7 Days to Die is going to net us very few new customers. Why would we want to go with the most watched channels that only stream our game when the audience has probably already bought it as well?

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you.. A lot of people subscribe/follow to people because they provide reliable consistent content. Now while its good to do different things every now and again, but when you start doing a bunch of random content is when you start to stunt your growth. Lets take Jawoodle for example when he was doing his horde defense/base build videos he was getting like 40/50 thousand views a video. Then he stopped doing them and now he is getting a third of the views like around 10 thousand. Granted its the same game but even then it makes a difference. Its even worse when its different games. So when people follow you its usually for a reason or for content you do. Like I said its ago to branch off every now and again but it can cause problems. You have to be high up there to just post whatever content you want like on YouTube. The markipliers and pewdiepie's of YouTube yeah sure they can do what they want but for all the smaller channels you cant venture off to far from what got you popular too much or you might start loosing viewers or simply they wont watch. 

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Cool. I was just using your post to make our position clear for anyone else who might be reading. You brought up good points and I just wanted to be crystal clear that we didn't just throw out 5k without thought or research and that a promotion is a business decision based upon a standard of success and is not a statement of how we feel about those who loyally play our game. 

Of course we could just lower the standard to the point you (or others) felt was perfect (to the delight of your friends) but then there would be more in line behind you to tell us about the worthiness and deservedness of even others who didn't qualify for your bar. As to the size of a channel-- it is all relative. For someone who has plateaued at around 1k and can't seem to grow past that then 5k probably seems like a huge channel. But we have many streamers with over 20k subs, several in the 100k subs and few in the millions. In that context, by going with 5k we ARE allowing smaller operations to participate.

It's always tough to draw a line. There will always be those who think it was drawn in the wrong place. I know it is important to you because it was your very first post ever so I'm sorry we are in disagreement. Glad it won't spoil your enjoyment of the game though.

If I may suggest Roland.. Follower count is not an indicator of success. A lot of streamers buy followers. I run a little directory for local ZA streamers and I've seen many of them go up by thousands of followers in one day when they haven't even had that many visitors to their stream in a year.  I just had a look at a few sites so I can give you actual figures - it looks like 5000 followers will cost you in the region of $30 to $75 once off.

The most accurate way to see if a Twitch streamer really is popular is to look them up on https://sullygnome.com/ - set the stats to 90 days or more and look at their average viewers.  If they are sitting with 5000+ followers but single digit average viewers then they aren't really popular.  A streamer can buy viewers as well, but it's doubtful they would do it over a long period, so that's why it's best to look at 90 days or more.

2 hours ago, Drunken_Tiger said:

Question from a friend -The streamer would have to be playing solo i assume? Since only streamers get early access they couldn't run a server. They don't want to be updating their server for the pre-launch and then again with the public launch.

They do not have to play solo. They are responsible for updating their own servers. The version they play for the pre-launch will be the same exact version for the launch unless there are some glaring issues that emerge that must be fixed. I don’t foresee that happening. A18 was the most stable experimental launch we’ve ever had and A19 looks to be even better. I am confident that you guys will all get it on that Monday following the event. 

As long as I didn’t just jinx it....

3 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Sounds like last year. If you are friends with a streamer and play live with them you can get a copy from the streamer.

Yes. We want to encourage multiplayer games for the event so we allow the streamer to invite others to play with them. Those others are not allowed to stream it themselves. Last time we only had about three people that we needed to contact and ask to stop streaming. The community does a good job of tattling on those who shouldn’t be streaming. It’s also in the best interest of the streamers to maintain their exclusivity to not give out the password to people they don’t trust. 

it’s not perfect but it has been a success for three alphas running now. 

As a long time player, and slightly long time 7 Days to Die Video Guide creator who's just too busy to do it more than as a hobby, I'm just glad the requirements were the same this time! A18 I was a few hundred short, but it's been a good year and people have enjoyed Alpha 18 tremendously in my view!

So looking forward to joining this year, being the first from the lil Sunny Island of Singapore (although I'm European), to increase visibility in the Asia timezone :)

/Vedui https://youtube.com/vedui42

Archived