Chris Dunaway

Returns when scrapping items

What determines what is returned when you scrap items (not blocks)?

For example, if I scrap a pistol, how can I, through a mod, change what I get back when scrapping a pistol? What config files control this? Items.xml does not seem to show this for the pistol (unless I just missed it).

Thanks
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, Chris Dunaway said:
What determines what is returned when you scrap items (not blocks)?

For example, if I scrap a pistol, how can I, through a mod, change what I get back when scrapping a pistol? What config files control this? Items.xml does not seem to show this for the pistol (unless I just missed it).

Thanks

The material of the item that you are scrapping determines what you will get back from scrapping.

For instance, a pistol:

<property name="Material" value="MHandGunParts"/> <property name="Weight" value="4"/>

Scrapping gives back, I think, 75% of the material. So with a weight of 4, the pistol will give 3 Handgun Parts.

You need to look in materials.xml to understand how "MHandGunParts" is translated.

If the item doesn't have a weight, then the type of material and the amount that you acquire by scrapping is obtained by multiplying the first ingredient in it's recipe (recipes.xml) by the scrapping percentage (75%).

Edited by Numberz (see edit history)