PC setting

TheGoatIX

7D2D is, for several reasons I expect SylenThunder to be here to explain shortly, quite a bit more work for the CPU & GPU than pretty much any other game. For what it is worth, I run 7D2D on medium-high settings on a fairly potato laptop (about 5 years old, with a 2GB GeForce 560M), but at reduced resolution of 1600x900. You might be able to play with the tradeoff between resolution and texture/effects quality to find a compromise that suits you.

Yeah CPU is ok, but with only bare minimum RAM and no GPU to speak of, you're going to have a hard time.

Again with "x game runs fine, but this won't". The reason you don't understand taht is because you don't understand how the core mechanics of this game are so much different from everything else you play. Fallout isn't even 3D. Much less completely 3D Voxel with structural integrity calculations and more.

I cover this in more detail in the Support FAQ thread.

Your system has no RAM, and your inbred fake GPU is stealing from both your CPU and RAM. Other games with low hardware requirements will work ok. This game however requires a minimum of 8GB RAM (Which you don't have because it's shared), and a minimum dedicated GPU with 2GB VRAM. That's just to play. If you want pretty, you need 12-16GB RAM and a dedicated GPU with more than 4GB VRAM.

A 200-250$ GPU and another 8GB or even 4GB of RAM (Depends how many slots/modules you have now if you can easily upgrade the RAM) would do wonders here.

I would wait until all the new releases in Q3 this year tough regarding the GPU. Not a good time to buy hardware right now.

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

Setting aside the differences with 7D2D, you and I have different definitions of the dimensionality of game environments.

Read the information in the link I provided. Fallout appears to be 3D, but it's actually all 2D textures mapped on flat canvases to give the appearance of 3D. That is a lot different than every single block being it's own fully 3D object.

Hell, there are even VR games that are merely simulated 2D textures.

10 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Read the information in the link I provided. Fallout appears to be 3D, but it's actually all 2D textures mapped on flat canvases to give the appearance of 3D. That is a lot different than every single block being it's own fully 3D object.

Hell, there are even VR games that are merely simulated 2D textures.

As I said, different definitions. I define the dimensionality of a game environment by the character's freedom of motion and the relationship of objects to the character. 2D, 2.5D, 3D. It has nothing to do with how textures are applied. You are the only person I have ever heard refer to this as a 2D game:

image.png.429ee9aafecf4c9ea700c4c873d1badb.png

But even within your framing I am interested to understand how that dozer, which the character can crawl under and climb on top of, is a flat canvas. Or the ledges and bumps in terrain. Or buildings. Flat canvases? Here is a wireframe model of that scene (from this article: https://www.techspot.com/article/1857-how-to-3d-rendering-vertex-processing/)

image.png.4a7641341178654b13caf81f07cd71c9.png

Different definitions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:32 PM, SylenThunder said:

Yeah CPU is ok, but with only bare minimum RAM and no GPU to speak of, you're going to have a hard time.

Hi mate! I will be starting tomorrow with my friends, assuming Steam refund my bad purchase ( I buyed 2-pack thinking that there was two copies), we will be running the game just for us.

My question is if my rig is up to run the game and play it at the same time, the CPU is at stock speed, but I can rise those clocks about 15%, only if is needed.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 at 2.99Ghz

Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty x470

RAM: 2x8Gb Corsair RGB pro 3200mhz (xmp profile on)

Video Card: MSI GTX-1060 OC 6gb

OS SSD: M.2 nvme XPG S11 256gb

Secondary SSD: 240Gb Kingston v300

...and another question is what graphics setting you recommend to set the game, 3 of us will be playing by LAN and one player online (I don't have any idea how to set this up,  all of the guys are my friends in steam). 

1 hour ago, diegodgo87 said:

Hi mate! I will be starting tomorrow with my friends, assuming Steam refund my bad purchase ( I buyed 2-pack thinking that there was two copies), we will be running the game just for us.

My question is if my rig is up to run the game and play it at the same time, the CPU is at stock speed, but I can rise those clocks about 15%, only if is needed.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 at 2.99Ghz

Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty x470

RAM: 2x8Gb Corsair RGB pro 3200mhz (xmp profile on)

Video Card: MSI GTX-1060 OC 6gb

OS SSD: M.2 nvme XPG S11 256gb

Secondary SSD: 240Gb Kingston v300

...and another question is what graphics setting you recommend to set the game, 3 of us will be playing by LAN and one player online (I don't have any idea how to set this up,  all of the guys are my friends in steam). 

I have a similar build (but with an R5 1600x @ 3.9GHz) and I run the game at about medium settings now as I prefer fps over visual quality. Make sure to limit your fps to around 60 so you don't overwork the hardware for nothing. 1080p resolution is highly recommended at this time. This not being a competitive game, there's no reason to aim for 144fps or w/e.

Basically, just play around with the settings till you find the sweet spot.

Here's my settings which hasn't been tuned in quite a while so you could probably do better, but still good starting point:

81AEC6FB759872B04AC1BC6FEF9088026B936240

I also have v-sync disabled.

Archived