Where is the ocean

vespertine

Navezgane doesnt have an ocean or sea shore. Its only radioactive lands all around.

The only way to easily have an ocean of some sort is to generate a map in NitroGen and set "Border" as "Water". That's what i actually do. It feels like im stranded on an island, trying to survive. I prefer this to some part of land or road i can see but cannot walk through.

Nitrogen is a map generator which is WAAAAAAAY better than the ingame RWG tool.

You can find it on these forums here: 

I cannot reccomend it enough. If you find and install the Compoack POI as well you get tons of new Poi's to explore.

Shout via PM if you need help with it (I'm on UK time).

48 minutes ago, vespertine said:

ok i used nitro gen to make a new world ..now how do i  point the game to that world file? its in a folder on my desktop but i dont see a way to steer the game to it

Go to your output folder and copy it here - C:\users\<your user here>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\

The folder and it's contents go inside then it will be available for Single Player use. As a Server, do the same and in your Serverconfig.xml, just put the name of your folder where it asks for anything seed, map, and it should load just fine. Compopack 43 rocks for the record. To do that, download and copy the contents of the prefab into your prefab, overwriting everything. Then there is a RWGMixer file overwrite your default (just save a copy if you are concerned) to generate the maps. Don't go over 16K unless you've got plenty of RAM (32GB or more). 

i usually play with one other person we like to build stuff in the game...so will she be able to join my new made world just like any other  world ive made so far? just..send her an invite and she comes in and can see everything?

They recommend copying the prefabs into each user's prefab folder. I'm not sure why as I've had users connect to my server and see everything on the map just fine, but I just follow the directions. A Compopack 43 world gives you an extra 275 new POI's and makes some adjustments to some vanilla ones. It is epic. If you need help, you can pop on my discord channel and I can help you get one setup/tested. https://discord.gg/h5XpKB. I can give you a tour of a Nitrogen world on my discord if you want a preview.

Yes, Nitrogen maps themselves are viewable by all who connect, just like any other world.

ok well...im off to bed lol..i copied the contents of the new game i made in nitro gen into a folder i had to make called generated worlds folder ( because it wasnt there by default) then i started the game and it couldn't find the new made game so...i duno...seems ill fight with it some more tomorrow

8 minutes ago, vespertine said:

ok well...im off to bed lol..i copied the contents of the new game i made in nitro gen into a folder i had to make called generated worlds folder ( because it wasnt there by default) then i started the game and it couldn't find the new made game so...i duno...seems ill fight with it some more tomorrow

You can PM me and I'll help you out. You're not quite at the right place. Once you do it once the right way, it will be easy. 

Actually Nitrogen has a button that is called "Open GeneratedWorlds folder" On the left side. It doesn´t open the folder directly, but the parent folder. But if you never played anything than Navezgane or Pregen before you might have to create the "GeneratedWorlds" Folder, needs to be written exactly like you can see here.

Archived