Edit History

meganoth

meganoth

I see an error message:

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\anhot\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

So the program seems to not be able to access C:\Users\anhot\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

In .net the error message is caused by "The file name is missing, or the file or directory is in use."

So first I would check if profiles.sdf does exist at all, and if it does, whether it and its directories rights are correct (i.e. the game should be able to read and write to the file. "In use" could also mean that the file could be in use by another program running in the background.

One of the main suspects for preventing access to that file is if you have AV software that might be a bit too paranoid. Just for testing you could turn off the AV, start and stop 7D2D and check whether the error in the new logfile is still there or not. If it is the AV software, enable it again, but make exceptions for the saves directory. Check again and adapt until that error is gone.

If you still have the crash problem after that (there is a chance this error is not the primary cause of the bug), come back to the forum with a new output-log.

--------------

By the way, are you starting a dedicated server in the same account in which you then also start a client?  I always wondered if that could cause some problems. Anyone knows if this is safe?

meganoth

meganoth

I see an error message:

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\anhot\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

So the program seems to not be able to access C:\Users\anhot\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

In .net the error message is caused by "The file name is missing, or the file or directory is in use."

So first I would check if profiles.sdf does exist at all, and if it does, whether it and its directories rights are correct (i.e. the game shoul be able to read and write to the file. "In use" could also mean that the file could be in use by another program running in the background.

One of the main suspects for preventing access to that file is if you have AV software that might be a bit too paranoid. Just for testing you could turn off the AV, start and stop 7D2D and check whether the error in the new logfile is still there or not. If it is the AV software, enable it again, but make exceptions for the saves directory. Check again and adapt until that error is gone.

If you still have the crash problem after that (there is a chance this error is not the primary cause of the bug), come back to the forum with a new output-log.