Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Hardside

Hardside

This post literally saved hours and hours of gameplay for me...

I experienced a BSOD crash today which led to a NRE "Object reference not set.." / corrupted save file.   I stupidly did not have a back up for my main save (tough lesson to learn, but i will never make that mistake again!).

Well I managed to repair the main.ttw and main.ttw.bak files by copying them over from a same world new save... so yea I lost all of my character progress and the best of the best gear I made/found, BUT using this workaround I managed to reset the actual world POIs while still saving all of my base progress, my massive farm, all of my stores of stashed gear, weapons, goods and everything else I had at my base.  

So yes, I'm essentially starting a fresh lvl 1, but with my bad ass base, and all of the bells and whistles of my original character !  

Thanks for taking the time to post this workaround !

Hardside

Hardside

This post literally saved hours and hours of gameplay for me...

I experienced a BSOD crash today which led to a NRE "Object reference not set.." / corrupted save file.   I stupidly did not have a back up for my main save (tough lesson to learn, but i will never make that mistake again!).

Well I managed to repair the main.ttw and main.ttw.bak files by copying them over from a same world new save... so yea I lost all of my character progress, BUT using this workaround I managed to reset the actual world POIs while still saving all of my base progress, my massive farm, all of my stores of stashed gear, weapons, goods and everything else I had at my base.  

So yes, I'm essentially starting a fresh lvl 1, but with my bad ass base, and all of the bells and whistles of my original character !  

Thanks for taking the time to post this workaround !