Edit History

Roland

Roland

For example I highlighted this section and then clicked on the quote tooltip....

9 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Except for 7d2d every new alpha... I can't remember replaying a sandbox game... (except for with friends) because it feels bad to lose all your progress.
Yes you might like it. And yes I can't speak for every person out there. But logicially... a family dad who only has 12 hours a week (at most) to play doesnt want to redo all the farming after 60 hours because he has done it all. He will change to one of the million other games.
They need to start and focus on content. Not on reworking graphics for the x-teenth time. Do that once the game is finished.

Family dad who has only 12 hours a week to play probably hasn't played the game yet. The only people who are needing new content are us following the game for years in early access development. The game has plenty of content for the average gamer who hasn't experienced any of the content yet. Ask any Xbox player whether they think the PC version doesn't have much content and I think you'll see a new perspective.

They are trying to release this game as a polished and approachable product for all of the players out there who will experience it for the first time as a new game. So with that in mind they are doing exactly what they need to do. After the game is finished as a high quality work, THEN they can please people like us who are wanting an extension to the current game.

Nobody who is upset by restarting should be playing an early access title anyway. Sometimes I really think you forget that this game isn't made yet. You jumped in during development and they have a goal for what the game will be upon release and a goals for further content updates post release. You are coming at this too early.

If they release a DLC in 2022 that just updates the graphics and rearranges the perks instead of adding more stuff to do and craft and fight then I will stand with you against them. But for now they just need to fix water, get bandits added, and polish things up and release.

Roland

Roland

For example I highlighted this section and then clicked on the quote tooltip....

9 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Except for 7d2d every new alpha... I can't remember replaying a sandbox game... (except for with friends) because it feels bad to lose all your progress.
Yes you might like it. And yes I can't speak for every person out there. But logicially... a family dad who only has 12 hours a week (at most) to play doesnt want to redo all the farming after 60 hours because he has done it all. He will change to one of the million other games.
They need to start and focus on content. Not on reworking graphics for the x-teenth time. Do that once the game is finished.

Family dad who has only 12 hours a week to play probably hasn't played the game yet. The only people who are needing new content are us following the game for years in early access development. The game has plenty of content for the average gamer who hasn't experienced any of the content yet. Ask any Xbox player whether they think the PC version doesn't have much content and I think you'll see a new perspective.

They are trying to release this game as a polished and approachable product for all of the players out there who will experience it for the first time as a new game. So with that in mind they are doing exactly what they need to do. After the game is finished as a high quality work, THEN they can please people like us who are wanting an extension to the current game.