GanTheGrey

Grey's Prophecy Mod

Posted (edited)

greysprophecy.thumb.png.57f3b216dcb2f410d26552788386421d.png

Grey's Prophecy is a flavoring of the default game. The goal of the mod is to add fun stuff, and some humor, while keeping close to the vanilla formula.

Some of the bigger changes that you will encounter are:

• 10 slot toolbelt - Courtesy of Khaine (DF creator)

• Mumpfy's zombie texture variations

• Perk System overhaul to a more class based system, including 2 that don’t require adding points to the parent attribute

• Class types

• Warrior

• Hunter

• Gunslinger

• Blacksmith - Mini Class (5 levels)

• Engineer

• Rogue

• General Talents

• Jack of All Trades

• Empath

• joat.thumb.png.87c09c5bc7aba8271720ef9b3cc37845.png

• Separate repair kits/items

• Iron tools are repaired with Forged
    • Vanilla repair kits are still used for repairing vehicles
  • Bigger backpack

• 96 slots

• Bigger stack sizes for most items

• More new zombie types

• 4 from a18 and 2 new ones

• Reworked Rekt and Hugh zombies to now look like zombies, and added radiated versions

• gpzombies.thumb.png.7fb6a4ac50ee35e30e8147a9e1a0a032.png

• Craftable weapon, tool, and gun parts, so you don’t have to rely on looting/buying them

• 2 new book sets

• The Wizard’s Toolkit

• Savage’s Books of Nonsense

• 4 new vehicles 

• Semi Truck that seats 6 and has 108 slots!

• The General Lee!

• Coka's Skyline

• Horse with no name

• New weapons, tools, and items, some that give nods to our favorite streamers

• The Uncle Sam Hammer

• Shugg’s Spikey Club

• Gan’s Epic Rod

• Fong’s Staff of Pain

• Radiomantic Knuckles

• PB’s Spartan Pickaxe

• Framer’s Choice

• Broadsword

• Dragonblade

• Wooden Mace

• Iron Mace

• Katar

• Medieval Axe

• Medieval Battle Axe

• New item modifiers

• Ice Weapon

• Thorns

• Shock Armor

There's still more to add and we hope you enjoy playing it as much as we have enjoyed working on it!

You can get the mod using the mod launcher: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/, or by downloading the files from the repository here: https://gitlab.com/ganthegrey/greys-prophecy-a19.

Support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/ganthegrey

Find us on Twitch: GanTheGrey SavageHarbinger

Join the Discord: The Wizard's Tower

Terms of use:

Special Thanks:

• The Guppy's Discord modding server for help with issues and ideas
  • Xyth for the hard work getting the custom animation controller working!
  • Khaine for the 10 slot toolbelt
  • Mumpfy for the zombie texture variations
  • UncleSamIAm, Shugg, NoxAegis, AlphaDragonGaming, LoriannTucker, PayneStoneback, biggytoe, and Bluejoy for QA
  • And of course TFP for creating this game in the first place!
Edited by GanTheGrey
Updated for a19 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Very nice.  You've been a busy slacker. :)

I dare you to tell the same to devs when they release Alpha 19! 🤣

The Radiomantic stuff uses crystals.  How do you get them? I am too lazy to try and find it out in game! Digging in the wasteland?  Lazy minds need to know :)

18 minutes ago, BunnyNZ said:

The Radiomantic stuff uses crystals.  How do you get them? I am too lazy to try and find it out in game! Digging in the wasteland?  Lazy minds need to know :)

Hi Bunny,

Thanks for checking out the mod!

You get the crystals from digging gravel. Then you can use them in the Mortar and Pestle to create the Radiomantic Dust. 1 crystal + 1 Acid = 5 Dust.

1 hour ago, GanTheGrey said:

Hi Bunny,

You get the crystals from digging gravel. Then you can use them in the Mortar and Pestle to create the Radiomantic Dust. 1 crystal + 1 Acid = 5 Dust.

Thanks!  Your mod is great, just wanted to say - Good Work, it is one of my favourites :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good day .. You might want to check your mod under " F-1 " for Load issues .... I tried it and found many red errors on start and it crashed a couple times (just stopped running) ........ and I'm running a i7 9700 with 64 ram on a MSI z390 Gaming MB ... Now; I'm using a custom combo pack map 10k ... I tried that War3zuk and that is terrible. Just a few thoughts. 

Have a good week and Be safe

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day .. You might want to check your mod under " F-1 " for Load issues .... I tried it and found many red errors on start and it crashed a couple times (just stopped running) ........ and I'm running a i7 9700 with 64 ram on a MSI z390 Gaming MB ... Now; I'm using a custom combo pack map 10k ... I tried that War3zuk and that is terrible. Just a few thoughts. 

Have a good week and Be safe

Hi gpcstargate,

There are 2 known warnings that have not affected gameplay. One is with the Gore Mod where 2 of the items are not applied. The other is a string of  warnings about missing scripts related to a custom trader I've added to the game, which I will be revisiting and hoping to resolve in a future update.

This is the first time anyone has commented about it crashing. Do you have the output logs that contain the crashes?

Others have enjoyed the War3zuk map, sorry you don't like it.

-Gan

Edited by GanTheGrey (see edit history)

It was brought to my attention that there have been issues installing the mod on Linux based servers. In an effort to resolve these issues I have renamed the folders, modlet names, and made some tweaks to the unity resource files.

Unfortunately this will require some extra work before doing a presync with the mod launcher, or before copying over the latest files. If this is not done then the modlets will be duplicated which will cause some unwanted behavior with games, or potentially a save break due to the duplication.

If you're using the mod launcher you can do a Delete Complete without losing your save, or delete the mods folder, and the TempMods folder. If you download the files from gitlab you will need to delete the mods folder before copying in the new ones.

I have been putting in my best effort to make updating the mod as painless as possible and without save breaking changes. However I am still learning some of the processes and it's sometimes unavoidable. 

I am grateful to everyone for the kind words and the enjoyment I am seeing from people playing the mod!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Howdy, this mods great, really meets the needs of me and my 2 pals, we used to play the big overhaul mods but just wanted to ease back into 7 Days after a while but vanilla wasn't enough, this mod adds just enough to make it fun, been looting around trying to get General Lee schematics xD I especially love the broadsword, the weapon I never knew 7 Days needed. Combined with the ice mod, makes combat a laugh. Haven't tried using many potions yet, Cinammon seems really rare, either that or I'm not hitting the right bushes. Overall thumbs up, thanks for your work good sir!

Ran into a couple of little trivial issues just incase you want the feedback:

- a certain quantity of copper can be scrapped back into electronic parts (lol)

- the mod eliminates food poisoning in microwaved food but the descriptions haven't been updated? (still says you get a % chance of poisoning) hold on i don't think i read this one right, does microwaved food still have a chance for poisoning?

- sometimes killing a zombie results in a weird massive glow on their head, i think this might be just with one of the custom zombies, possibly the trader. also i'm not entirely sure if this is to do with your mod or a vanilla bug

- is it meant to be a secret how to get radiomantic crystals? i had to come here to read how, digging in gravel seems really random, i wouldn't have guessed that!

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

17 hours ago, BMT said:

- a certain quantity of copper can be scrapped back into electronic parts (lol)

--- I was not aware of this and will look into it!

- the mod eliminates food poisoning in microwaved food but the descriptions haven't been updated? (still says you get a % chance of poisoning) hold on i don't think i read this one right, does microwaved food still have a chance for poisoning?

--- Yes Microwaved foods still have a chance to cause food poisoning. I will update the post to clarify that.

- sometimes killing a zombie results in a weird massive glow on their head, i think this might be just with one of the custom zombies, possibly the trader. also i'm not entirely sure if this is to do with your mod or a vanilla bug

--- Apparently this is an issue with the materials being used and I haven't figured out how to fully fix it yet. If you turn off Bloom in your video settings it goes away

- is it meant to be a secret how to get radiomantic crystals? i had to come here to read how, digging in gravel seems really random, i wouldn't have guessed that!

--- I recently added to the description of the crystals on how to find them

Hi BMT,

Thanks for checking out the mod, and thanks for the feedback! Applied answers to the issues you found above. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Howdy, might've found an issue. I've unlocked level 5 Advanced Blacksmith, but Motor Tool Part crafting is still locked! :< PB's Spartan Pickaxe works fine tho, nice addition :3

On 6/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, BMT said:

Howdy, might've found an issue. I've unlocked level 5 Advanced Blacksmith, but Motor Tool Part crafting is still locked!

Hey BMT,

Yes this was a bug that is resolved with the latest updates. 

-Gan

Posted (edited)

Ah nice one cool, thanks! Are you uploading a changelog and notice of whether any updates will require a wipe? At the moment we haven't updated as we wanted to play a long game without restarting, but that's just us I'm not complaining about any restarts obviously the mod is quite new and will be expected ❤️

edit: goddamn my bad i didn't realise the github link is a changelog, all good!

Hi BMT,

Sorry for the delayed response! Yes I would be posting here, and in my Discord server, on any updates that would require a map wipe. At this point I am waiting for a19 to hit before any new updates will be made. Stay tuned!

-Gan

Hey @GanTheGrey!

I just started using your MOD on a server i host through FRAG servers. I copied the mod folders to the server via FileZilla today and finally got the server up and running. Upon finding a schematic, i attempted to "USE" and it is not highlighted. A message pops up at the bottom saying "YOU ARE NOT HURT". This pops up regardless if i am hurt or not.

I am sure this has something to do with how i loaded the mod to the server but i would greatly appreciate the help!

Also could you post a link to your discord server? I cant seem to find one anywhere!

Thanks,

- Mighty8907

Hi @Might8907,

Thanks for checking out the mod! In addition to the Mods folder you need to copy up the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder. There are dlls in there that need to be on the server for the mod to work. Also are you using the a18 version or a19? Have to make sure you're copying up the proper version as well.

Here is a link to my Discord: http://discordapp.com/invite/Zh2AedD Please let me know if this doesn't work!

-Gan

Hi Bulkininkas,

My apologies for missing this comment, and the late reply. Alpha 19 stable version has been added to the mod launcher and is available for play.

- Gan

Coka's Skyline is a nice vehicle btw. I really love it. Except for the fact that every small road hill/pothole stops/stucks it completely. Will it be looked at?

Hey Bulkininkas,

I haven't run into that issue, but I know that the vanilla vehicles sometimes do the same thing. I can play around with things to see if I can get the collision to work better! Thanks for the feedback!

- Gan