UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Does import .obj mesh files in to this work, every time i try to do it either by selecting "Import raw" and choosing the .obj file my game will crash when that object is being loaded, even if i dont edit the mesh at all and just export then re-import it it causes a crash, also the program seems to have bugged out on me and is no longer showing the proper names for certain assets, like for example if theirs dirt and dirt_1 they will both show as just dirt and attempting to replace either one after saving and reloading the asset will cause it to change to an unnamed asset, they still seem to work fine but it makes it super difficult to find a specific one.

Unity's Mesh file format is not related to .obj files, which is why importing the raw data doesn't work. There is no support for importing meshes but you could use a matching Unity editor, create a new project with that .obj file placed in the scene, generate that project and export the mesh as raw data and import the raw data into the other game.

Generally, import raw data should not be used with any data extracted by a plugin. If there is a plugin that supports importing, it should be used instead.

Thanks for the reply DerPop, I actually managed to figure that out myself after a lot of trial and error, however their are still 2 "bugs" i've found with the program.

1. Exporting a .obj file seems to not export the bones of the mesh, if i make a dump file of a mesh, then export it as an .obj and put it in unity and build the scene and get that .obj back into a .asset file then export the dump of the mesh again the two dumps are significantly different, mainly the one missing the bones information as well as some other things.

2. The program seems to have bugged out and now when opening a .assets file that has multiple files with similar names like "torso_0" and "torso_1" for example the similar named files all display the same name so they would both display "torso", which makes finding specific files a bit of a pain at times. I was wondering is their any cache file or any like database type file or temp files or anything that the program saves somewhere that I could delete to potentially fix this bug?

1. I might look into improving the mesh plugin to support bones, using another file format (like fbx) instead of obj. Also, the mesh plugin mirrors the data, simply because it is (or was) stored mirrored. It might have changed in the meantime.

2. UABE doesn't compare the names of files in the asset list. If the files have their m_Name field different than what is displayed in the list, it likely is due to the ResourceManager asset (which contains a name table). If only the names shown in the list differ with the exported names, then it's because it adds numbers at the end to not overwrite other exported files because they have the same name.

It displayed the names correctly before when i first downloaded it, I'm using it on a game called Planet Explorers and it the asset file has a lot of meshes and textures named body_0, body_1, body_2 etc. and originally it displayed these correctly in the list but after using it for awhile it now only displays them all as just body instead of their proper names which is why i described it as a "bug" and was wondering if there were any temp files or cache's the program stores that might have messed up that I could delete to potentially fix it.

I'm confused how to use this, or if I am using it correctly.

I downloaded this, opened it, clicked file, navigated to the 7D2D Bundles folder, and clicked the BlockTextureAtlases. I then click Export, it told me to save, so I saved it as 7D2DBlockTextures on my desktop. I then opened unity to try to import, trying custom assets package and import asset, but it won't show up, so am I doing this correctly? I am very new to assets and unity and importing/exporting stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

The good Utility, I used for substitution of textures.

I need to change sound files of a dynamic ambient of biomes to return beautiful old atmospheric ambients.

Very much I wait for this opportunity !

Whether there are what news about a plug-in for EXPORT AudioClip ?

Edited by n2n1
correct language (see edit history)

I'm confused how to use this, or if I am using it correctly.

I downloaded this, opened it, clicked file, navigated to the 7D2D Bundles folder, and clicked the BlockTextureAtlases. I then click Export, it told me to save, so I saved it as 7D2DBlockTextures on my desktop. I then opened unity to try to import, trying custom assets package and import asset, but it won't show up, so am I doing this correctly? I am very new to assets and unity and importing/exporting stuff.

The Unity Editor doesn't open .assets files or bundles. UABE can do both (despite its name). Press the Info button or open the exported .assets file to view the content. There are some plugins for different asset types such as textures and text.

The good Utility, I used for substitution of textures.

I need to change sound files of a dynamic ambient of biomes to return beautiful old atmospheric ambients.

Very much I wait for this opportunity !

Whether there are what news about a plug-in for EXPORT AudioClip ?

The AudioClip plugin supports exporting AudioClips to a .wav file. Changing a sound is already possible but very cumbersome (through the correct FMOD API or through the Unity Editor, then manually changing the file reference). I will look into adding an import option though.

Direct mesh importing is not supported yet but you could build a scene with Unity that contains your meshes (the Unity versions should match), export the meshes raw with UABE and import the raw files to 7dtd's assets (by creating a new asset for each asset to import). If you import GameObjects, the references to the dependencies must be patched (export dump, correct the PPtrs with an editor, import dump).

Creating a dependency to .assets file with the custom meshes would be easier. I'll look into creating a dependency editor to greatly simplify these things.

Direct mesh importing is not supported yet but you could build a scene with Unity that contains your meshes (the Unity versions should match), export the meshes raw with UABE and import the raw files to 7dtd's assets (by creating a new asset for each asset to import). If you import GameObjects, the references to the dependencies must be patched (export dump, correct the PPtrs with an editor, import dump).

Creating a dependency to .assets file with the custom meshes would be easier. I'll look into creating a dependency editor to greatly simplify these things.

Okay, thats already good enough for me. I appreciate your work! (:

Hey, just wanted to give you a huge thanks for this great utility!

Used this to extract some great music from a Unity based android app.

Resource asset thing was split up into literally 80 different files, used HxD to combine them all together and this utility took it in like a champ.

I literally was googling and trying stuff for 2 hours before I found this, lol.. nothing else worked.

So yeah, thanks!

I was at my witts end.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard (it through the thread-line) I can use this tool to turn off the bloom effect.

Read it can do soooo much more.

Thank you for this amazing program. I'm sure the modding community will find this to be a great asset.

Yesterday I got my animated garage door working. ...

Awesome door :)

I wonder if it is possible to have a door like that, and be able to punch a person sized hole in it, to the effect of being able to walk through it.

We know that the doors, in 7dtd, break down in steps. Does the object change, when going through the damaged stages, or just the texture?

Is it possible to have the damaged state of a large door be an object change, and can large objects allows a model (player/zombie/npc/animal) to walk through, only, a certain area of that object?

I am not familiar with what makes the doors allow a player to pass through it, when open, and it might be just some xml "allow" tag.

This could be a "game changer" for pre-fab garages, having moving doors that are still able to be broken into, when locked, With out completely destroying the door.

+1 this should be a sticky

Heard (it through the thread-line) I can use this tool to turn off the bloom effect.

Read it can do soooo much more.

Thank you for this amazing program. I'm sure the modding community will find this to be a great asset.

Awesome door :)

I wonder if it is possible to have a door like that, and be able to punch a person sized hole in it, to the effect of being able to walk through it.

We know that the doors, in 7dtd, break down in steps. Does the object change, when going through the damaged stages, or just the texture?

Is it possible to have the damaged state of a large door be an object change, and can large objects allows a model (player/zombie/npc/animal) to walk through, only, a certain area of that object?

I am not familiar with what makes the doors allow a player to pass through it, when open, and it might be just some xml "allow" tag.

This could be a "game changer" for pre-fab garages, having moving doors that are still able to be broken into, when locked, With out completely destroying the door.

Search Matite mods (for example)... There's a LOT you can actually do.

I don't really understand how this tool work. I used it some while a12 or something and managed to replace a terrain texture with some flaws. The shader did not work on it. Now I have forgot how the tool works or there have been some changes somewhere.

Soo I does anyone know how to add or replace a terrain texture? And would be kind to explain how.

I second this. Thank you for this tool, Popo.

One minor suggestion: the search function could be improved. As it is now it only searches for the exact word and not for files containing the word.

Source Code?

If you have no forum account but want to give me feature requests or want to report bugs, you can use the github page.

DerPopo, is there any chance that those of modding under Linux could get source code, or at least a Mono build?